Full Thread: Culture Wars magazine
View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2009 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator

2) The praise of Nixon - tell me a single conservative thing Nixon ever did. The jews hated him because he was anti-communist, not that his anti-communist efforts led to anything substantial, rather he lost that battle along with McCarthy.

[T]he Rev. Billy Graham was embarrassed by release of a 30-year-old tape on which he was heard telling President Richard Nixon that Jews had a "stranglehold" on the American media, which needed to be broken because it was ruining the country.

"You believe that?" asked Nixon.

"Yes, sir," replied Mr. Graham.

"Oh boy. So do I," said Nixon, adding, "I can't ever say that but I believe it."

Also funny that Jones, who is well aware of the Nixon-Graham exchange about the nation going down the drain because of the jews, in the context of a discussion of prudence never brings up Nixon's "I can't ever say that." Would kind of harm his argument. Nixon had no guts when it counted. He might have been a political genius and a shrewd analyst but both of those ended with the electoral college. All of Nixon's lasting efforts went to furthering liberalism - wage and price controls, the institutionalization of affirmative action. Nixon, in practice, in everything except anti-communism was a liberal.

Last edited by Alex Linder; November 16th, 2009 at 06:20 PM.