Full Thread: Edgar Steele
View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2010 #23
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default One of the most eloquent arguments I've heard...

... Gerry Spence explaining in a letter to a friend why he was defending Randy Weaver over the friend's objections.

Gerry Spence
P.O. Box 548
Jackson, Wyoming 83001

http://www.gerryspence.com/

Summary: Books by Gerry Spence:
• Seven Simple Steps to Personal Freedom: An Owner's Manual for Life by Gerry Spence
• Win Your Case: How to Present, Persuade, and Prevail--Every Place, Every Time by Gerry Spence
• How to Argue & Win Every Time: At Home, At Work, In Court, Everywhere, Everyday by Gerry Spence
• With Justice for None, Destroying an American Myth by Gerry Spence

Other Information:
• Give Me Liberty: Freeing Ourselves in the Twenty-First Century by Gerry Spence
• American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War On America by Chris Hedges
• The Smoking Gun: Day by Day Through a Shocking Murder Trial with Gerry Spence by Gerry Spence
• Trial by Fire, The True Story of a Woman's Ordeal at the Hands of the Law
• Bloodthirsty Bitches and Pious Pimps of Power: The Rise and Risks of the New Conservative Hate Culture
• Gunning for Justice My Life and Trials, by Gerry Spence and Anthony Polk
• From Freedom to Slavery, The Rebirth of Tyranny in America.

Gerry Spence was born and educated in the small towns of
Wyoming where he has practiced law for nearly fifty years. He has spent his lifetime representing the poor, the injured, the forgotten and the damned against what he calls "the new slave master," mammoth corporation and mammoth government. He has tried and won many nationally known cases, including the Karen Silkwood case, the defense of Randy Weaver at Ruby Ridge, the defense of Imelda Marcos, the case against Penthouse Magazine for Miss Wyoming and other important crinimal and civil trials.

He has never lost a criminal case. He has not lost a civil case since 1969. He has had more multi-million dollar verdicts without an intervening loss than any lawyer in
America.

Spence is the founder of the
Trial Lawyers College which has established a revolutionary method of training lawyers for the people. He believes that what he has learned needs to be shared with those who will continue to strive for justice on behalf of ordinary people.