View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2014 #51
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Enjoyed reading that. Glory Days, eh? I can hear Springsteen already. Being married to a Bruce Springsteen fan is true Conrad-esque Heart of Darkness shit right there.

I played baseball in HS, and poorly, mostly because all my friends at the time from the football team did, and I wasn't about to join the wrestling team. The wrestling coach was an assistant coach on the football team, and was a fucking nut. He had done a couple of tours in Vietnam, and took life a little too fucking seriously for me, personally. Our baseball team was very good.

Our football team was not good. We got beat more often than Tina Turner on weekends. We would be down 42-7 at the half, and in the locker room while you're just trying to figure out who's driving to the party after the game, this guy is staring you down like you let his best buddy from back in the World bleed out at Hue. Relax, man. You're not the one getting hit.

Funny baseball movie: Bull Durham. The interaction between Costner & Robbins in scenes on the mound are classic. Susan Sarandon was smoking hot in that. Superior to Sheen The Minor's true opus Major League, in my opinion. The Bad News Bears is pretty funny as well.

Funny football movie: Semi-Tough. Burt Reynolds and a surprisingly decent actor in Kris Kristofferson do comedy. The Longest Yard, the original with Reynolds, of course. Funny.