Full Thread: Gypsies in Europe
View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2011 #25
A.G.

Note on the race of Gypsies...Eugene Pittard did the biggest anthropometric survey on balkan gypsies ever done....He was fascinated by them and placed them high in human aesthetics

http://books.google.at/books?id=qHUd...Gypsies&f=true

The typical Gypsy Population was slightly taller than the European Average with legs comparatively long in relation to the torso; their heads tended strongly towards dolicephalic (i.e long headed, relatively long and narrow) skulls, with black hair smallish ears, wide eyes with heavily pigmented irises and long, narrow, straight noses. Pittard awarded them a highly honourable place in human aesthetics. Very fine men and very beautiful women are often found among them. Their swarthy complexion, jet black hair, straight well-formed nose, white teeth, dark brown wide open eyes, the general suppleness of their deportment and the harmony of their movements place them high above many European people as regards physical beauty.