View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2018 #11
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
Those are only a small minority of the total number of jobs out there. And as far as running a repair shop from home, that would probably require a business license in most communities, and you would probably be better off leasing retail space to do that due to the foot traffic you would get.
I fix stuff for people, and while it's not a consistent income, there are months where I do pretty good, and other months where things are slow. I don't need a business license to do this. If I had a retail space, I'd be losing money for most of the year. Net loss for the entire year. I prefer to stay small ball. It's lower risk, and I'd never truly lose my ass off. But that's my choice. I've never been a super risk taking individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
Exactly, and these jobs cannot be done from home.
Depending on the situation, they can. But you need to think out of the box. Selling stuff on ebay is technically a retail job. Fixing stuff for people in your shop at home is a service sector job. People can create their own jobs for themselves. There are a lot of people who work regular jobs, and do stuff on the side to supplement their income.