Full Thread: college
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2010 #48
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Huyter View Post
As a high school drop out, I wholeheartedly agree that the education system is terribly corrupt. To be honest, the corruption was the entire reason I decided to drop out of school. I always that college was a poor choice for a future. I never agreed with it, and I never will.

Since I've been in the Army, I've made well over a hundred thousand dollars. I have over fifty thousand in the bank. I've been in the Army for about four years. If I had finished high school and gone to college instead, I'd probably be about fifty thousand dollars in debt.

The sad part is, I'm a high school drop out soldier who reads and writes better than a lot of people I know with degrees. Either way, I am better off than I would be if I had gone to college. As for my G.I. bill, I wonder if I can use that towards a technical school to LEARN a profession. I rather not put my hard earned money in the hands of some greedy Jew in a college or university to learn absolutely nothing.
Sounds like you think before you act, which is wise.

Key to college is not to be taken with "college education" like a raccoon with a neato shiny gum wrapper. Question is, what do YOU get out of this 'college education'? If you're studying liberal arts, you generally get some permutation of marxist bs. If you want real education, you can find it on the internet. If you want some specific skill or training, that is more likely to be worth your dollar. Anything general or soft, ie not tied to standards, is likely polluted with the usual suspects teaching the usual lies. Not worth paying for.