Full Thread: The best side arm
View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2004 #41
Sean Martin

While the 45 is a good arm it is far from the best and that is what I have been trying to tell people. I don’t deny that it’s ballistics are good, but to carry that big bulky thing around is not very probable unless you are going to carry it on a side holster in the open, I have a shoulder holster but they are not as comfortable as they seem.

A carry gun is something that needs to be light and compact, and someone that has which is the best sidearm to carry doesn’t need something as big as a 45, until they are more experienced.

Now I see a lot of people talking and there has been some good conversation, but the thing I am curious about is who that has given input carries a gun everyday?

Unless you are a police officer a huge heave, and bulky gun like the 45 is out, you need something compact and concealable.

If you are going to go big why not go for a 44 mag, or one of those kinds of guns?