Full Thread: Blu-ray
View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2009 #4
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Woodbridge View Post
I don't have a blu-ray player, but this seems more hype than anything else. First blu-ray titles tend to cost 25-30 dollars. Second I doubt one can really absorb the small definition increase over a high quality upsampling standard DVD player (I use the Oppo).

I doubt one will really make use of the supposed interactive features in blu-ray titles. I'm not sure one can rip blu-ray titles.

If someone here has a blu-ray player and thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, feel free to chime in.
I bought music or movies on 45, 33, 8-track, cassette, betamax, vhs, cd, and dvd. I no longer purchase music or movies. I've paid my dues and if I want to listen to, or watch, something I don't already have I'll download it from a torrent site. jews have made all the money they're going to make on me. At least that which I have the discretion to avoid paying them.

Movies that I download online are just fine for my two eyes. I'm to old to need or be impressed with the latest or greatest, which is just the hype that you mentioned John.