Full Thread: #1 Scientology Thread
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2016 #8
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthaus Hetzenauer View Post
I agree that scientology is no nuttier than religions such as Judeo-Christianity; probably less so. We only think it's crazier in comparison to the Abrahamic religions because we've been indoctrinated since childhood to believe in the latter; this essentially makes it more rational to adhere to its beliefs. Scientology is relatively new, therefore less acceptable. If the reverse were true -- if the Abrahamic religions were conjured up in the 20th century, and Scientology millennia ago -- we'd think the former more insane.
The christian god is a burning bush, who impregnated a jewish female who was still a virgin by the way. Their baby was a magic jew who died on a stick, and was resurrected. I'm not sure it gets much nuttier than that. Whoever contrived that bullshit must have been under the influence of some sort of mushroom with hallucinogenic properties. A UFO cult seems kinda mild in comparison. I never understood why so many prefer to make their lives revolve around fiction.