Sadly, in vino veritas.
Considering how communism is organised crime camouflaged as political philosophy, and thus attracts the psychos, it may be that by finding out the truth now, you dodged the bullet, so to speak, maybe literally.
No normal person, with all we know about (((communism))) could be attracted to it, without having an inherent desire to torture and kill, however well disguised.
Remind him to give up all his private property to his party,and to remind the members of the party he joined to give all their private property to the party, divorce, give their children to the state to raise, surrender their citizenship and start to live their dream.
"In this sense, the theory of the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: Abolition of private property.
Abolition [Aufhebung] of the family! Even the most radical flare up at this infamous proposal of the Communists.
The Communists are further reproached with desiring to abolish countries and nationality.
Nevertheless, in most advanced countries, the following will be pretty generally applicable.
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c, &c."