View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2012 #28
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
The Talmudic standard for "age of consent" is girls age 3, and age 9 for boys. Don't ask me why, but that is definitely what it says. They would have a hard time convincing non-Jews to go along with that.
I had never given much thought about the custom of handing out cigars when a baby is born, or thought about it having any symbolic meaning, I figured it was just a jesture of celebration from the Victorian era, when most men smoked cigars and would often offer them to others in the same way that they would buy them a shot of whiskey to celebrate some fortunate occurance.

But quite a few years ago I had a neighbor who was an older Jewish woman. One of her daughters had gotten married and had a baby, a girl. She was giving out those small powdered donuts to celebrate the arrival of her new granddaughter.

I told her I had never heard of handing out donuts to celebrate the birth of a baby before. She told me that it was "an old Jewish custom" and that powdered donuts were given out when a girl was born, just like cigars were handed out when a boy was born - and then the symbolism dawned on me.

Jews are completely obsessed with sex and genitalia.