Full Thread: Edgar Steele
View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2010 #523
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Possession and use of LSD is illegal. It is highly unlikely that Steele would be involved in any illegal activity because he likely believed he was under surveillance of the government. And he certainly would not draw attention to his illegal activity with a post on his Web site.
That's a real post from Steele's blog. I found that and sent it to Jim Giles and I guess that's where Mona Montgomery heard it.

What does this say about Steele? It says that he has some tendencies that don't mesh well with each other. It suggests that he has some secrets too. A man who has recreational drugs on his mind and has positive things to say about them probably uses them at least occasionally, and maybe not just LSD.

Good find, Mona, that the LSD post was only a few days before his aorta exploded. I hadn't noted that. I am reading that sometimes LSD is mixed with amphetamine, and that certainly could create some unusual circulatory stress. It makes sense given that he was at rest in a chair, not exerting himself, when the blowout occurred. There seem to be many references to aneurysms occurring in connection with amphetamine use. I also found this reference stating that LSD by itself can cause hypertension.

Last edited by Hadding; June 30th, 2010 at 04:13 PM.