View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2005 #11
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
I will keep my television but I tend to avoid Jewish programming such as sitcoms. .
Have you ever heard the important dictum of Marshall McLughan, that "the medium is the message?" TV is socially isolating and it deactivates your cerebral cortex in favor of reptillian "watching" of the flickering images. Liberate yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
I like the cooking channel, and HGTV, which helps me in my job as it allows me to keep up with the latest trends in home design. However I still try to encourage people to take the 50’s non-trend style as it is making a huge comeback. Another channel I like is RFDTV rural programming, and features all white people doing things like farming and going to tractor shows. Americana at it’s best. My parents like KET (Kentucky Educational Television) which showcases rural Kentucky and the local news. Dad likes Animal Planet, which has good veterinary programs, and mom likes black and white Gene Autry westerns and such. ...Stick to Turner Classic Movies for your movie fix and educational programs. Positive educational programs are better than watching the latest DVD flick from your local blockbuster.
Sean you obviously have the expanded cable package. That's got to be at least $50 a month in the pockets of the Jews. $600 a year. How about you JEW the JEWS, like I do, and keep it down to the minimum package which is about $10 depending on your location? $120 a year-- nearly a $500 savings?