Full Thread: Pop Books
View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2012 #14
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
I don't know either, not having looked into it first-hand, but I imagine a jew-owned company like Amazon at least would screen what they publish for anti-tapirism.
They don't as far as I know: they were quite happy to sell Hoffman's work ('Judaism Discovered'); for example, and the reason he got into hot water is because he put an alleged quote from a conservative rabbi endorsing his rabbinical knowledge as being that of a Talmid Chacham on the back cover.

Amazon stopped it because the rabbi contacted them about it and they asked Hoffman to produce the email: if Hoffman could do so then they'd sell it. If not then he would have to alter the covers before he could sell them off Amazon. Hoffman didn't do so as far as I am aware.

I've got all the old emails somewhere in my Inbox as I contacted the rabbi and Amazon about it to hear their side of the story as Hoffman was alleging censorship and me being me I was skeptical as I am about most things he writes.

Another example is that you can buy Hitchcock's 'The Synagogue of Satan' on Amazon quite happily. I do believe he's even got a 'Look Inside' function on the work there.

They don't seem to really care about what you are selling as along as it isn't actually illegal.