View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2009 #11
Alex Linder
Administrator

[Anyone who gets control of the federal government can force his lies into the textbook. So it is increasingly with jewish atrocity fabrications like the 'holocaust.' The following article shows the kind of garbage your kid is immersed in if you send him to a government school.]

Texas Holocaust and Genocide Commission established

08/27/09

Governor signs bill with Houston survivors, HMH leadership and co-sponsors
Gov. Rick Perry, on Aug. 18, ceremonially signed Senate Bill 482, establishing the Texas Holocaust and Genocide Commission. The legislation, authored by Sens. Rodney Ellis, D-Houston, and Florence Shapiro, R-Plano, and sponsored in the House by Reps. Warren Chisum, R-Pampa, and Ellen Cohen, D-Houston, sought to ensure broader and deeper understanding regarding the Holocaust and other genocides of the 20th century.

SB 482 creates an unpaid, 18-member commission to help ensure that educators in Texas have the guidance and resources necessary to teach children the lessons of the Holocaust and other contemporary genocides. Of the commission’s members, 15 will be appointed collectively by the governor, lieutenant governor and House speaker. The other three members will be commissioner of education, commissioner of higher education and executive director of the Texas Veterans Commission acting as ex officio members.

The bill was initiated and backed by Holocaust Museum Houston and was passed unanimously by both the Texas House of Representatives and Texas Senate. The legislation takes effect Sept. 1, 2009. The new commission will work with organizations, agencies, museums, survivors and liberators to provide information and experiences, as well as to coordinate memorial events in the state. In addition, it will give schools and organizations in smaller communities access to resources and information about the Holocaust and genocide that otherwise might not be available.

Houstonians in attendance for the signing ceremony included HMH Executive Director Susan Myers; former HMH Chairman Peter Berkowitz; Holocaust survivors Chaja Verveer, president of Child Survivors of the Holocaust-Houston; and Ruth Steinfeld, president of the Houston Council of Jewish Holocaust Survivors. Austin resident Gregg Philipson, a member of HMH’s advisory board, also was present. After signing the bill, the governor gave the special commemorative pen to Steinfeld.

“As a state and nation, we are compelled to prevent future episodes of genocide and oppression by casting the light of truth on their history and educating our citizens on the circumstances that allow their occurrence. Ultimately, that truth and the willingness to defend the vulnerable among us will lead to greater justice. I believe this bill is an important statement of the values we hold dear in this state – those of respecting human life and valuing freedom for all men and women,” Perry said.

“As a child of Holocaust survivors, I have lived the lessons of that horrific event all my life, but there are generations of people who have no access to the lessons and teachings of this historic tragedy. The intolerance of that period remains a contemporary issue today that young people need to learn about. It is my hope that this legislation will help provide the information necessary to ensure that we never forget,” Sen. Shapiro said.

Sen. Ellis said, “I am very proud to have authored this bill with my good friend Sen. Shapiro. We must all stand up and recognize that genocide continues to take place all over the world. Sixty-four years ago, it was Eastern Europe. Today, it is Darfur. The Holocaust and Genocide Commission is Texas’ effort to ensure that our schools and communities have the resources they need to teach our kids and neighbors to do what is morally right when faced with such atrocities.”

Rep. Ellen Cohen said, “This bill means that all communities, and particularly rural areas across Texas, will have the opportunity to learn about what can happen if good people do not stand up to be counted. It will help educate young people, who will be the future leaders of their chamber of commerce, school board or Girl Scout troop. That, while we may take exception to the views of others, we can and must do so in a respectful and civil manner.”

Texas now will join 12 other states that have established similar councils or commissions. The idea for the Texas commission was supported by other museums in the state, including the Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education & Tolerance, El Paso Holocaust Museum and Holocaust Memorial Museum of San Antonio.