Full Thread: For some rocket man
View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2018 #107
Alex Him

These videos are taken from the channel where there are fragments of programs taken from the Soviet television.

0:01 - Yuri Gagarin: My most cherished dream is to fly into space many times if my health condition and my abilities allow me to do it. I would like to fly to other planets. However, I understand that as long as my friends do not fly there, I will not be allowed to fly there. But, when it's my turn, I will fly there with great pleasure. In order not to waste time in vain, I try to get as much knowledge as possible. I do this in order to make the best possible use of this knowledge in my future flights.

0:45 - Anchorperson: Yuri Alekseevich, in the beginning I congratulated you on my behalf, but I think I made a mistake, because all the viewers who can see you right now of course join to my congratulations. So let me heartily congratulate you once again on behalf of all the viewers who now see you.

1:04 - Yuri Gagarin: Vasily Vasilyevich, thank you very much! Let me thank you personally and all the viewers on whose behalf you congratulated me for your attention, for your congratulations and for your wishes. Thank you very much!

There is no sound in the next two videos.

I would call it more precisely The funeral of Yuri Gagarin and Vladimir Seryogin.

Vladimir Seregin was together with Gagarin in the fallen plane.

0:31-2:20 - I can not say exactly what it was. But I can make the following assumptions:

1) МССЗ is an abbreviation of the Moscow Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Plant.
2) The workers of this plant are shown here as representatives of all the grieving Soviet people.
3) Here we are shown the “minute of silence” introduced throughout the country as a sign of tragedy.

3:10 - We see the ceremony in Red Square, and not at any cemetery, because the urns with the ashes of Gagarin and Seryogin were placed inside the Kremlin wall.