The politics of Grindr: Greens to advertise on gay hook-up app
And down under politicians are using the app to hook-up with the sodomites to get the 'pink seat'.
- A Melbourne Greens candidate is sending targeted messages on Grindr
- Geo-located ads promote events & gay policies to the 'rainbow community'
- Targeting Grindr users in Prahran electorate - known as the 'pink seat'
- Grindr is a smartphone app to facilitate casual sex for gay men
- Candidate Sam Hibbins' first message is an invitation to a popular gay bar to meet with himself and Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young
- Hibbins expects other parties will use the same strategy this election
- Comes after comedian Josh Thomas introduced north Queensland MP Bob Katter to Grindr on ABC show Q&A
- Thomas took Katter to task on his aversion to gay issues in politics