View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2008 #16
Alex Linder
Administrator

If they didn't hear it on Fox, or it goes against what Fox says, then it's going to scare them. You overcome this by dealing with them in private, patiently, and presumbaly they trust you and your character. These can overcome the built in, animal, Authority-is-right bias in the type of men we're trying to reach.

There's no one way to do it - it depends on the specific person you're trying to reach, and the circumstances of your conversation.

If I'm with a farmer, I would talk one way. Slowly, patiently. If I'm with a smartass like me, then I'll try a little mocking, to get his competitive spirit up. Oh, you didn't know that 6/10 law school deans were jews. Yeah, I'm sure that doesn't affect anything, with an appropriate chuckle. Smart people hate to be thought not hip to what's REALLY going on, and this angle can be played to.

Footnotes, documentation, proof - these are just playing parts. The game is in using them, yes, but more so ourselves, to get the message across in the way best fit to serve the specific person we're one on one with.