View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2017 #112
John Smithwick
A White ethnic group too

Location: Crackertown, down yonder in a honkey home, away from Multicultia :)

Quote:
Christmas Before Christ: December 25 and Paganism | News Analysis | Worldbulletin News

For the pre-Christian Romans, December 25 marked their most important holiday, Saturnalia. [...] North-western Europe hosted festivities for the Nordic god Balder.
Baldr - Wikipedia

Unfortunate that the ancient Germanics didn't write their religion down in a Holy Book (and make it extremely ethnocentric like the Jews' faith):

History of writing - Wikipedia

The Norse didn't have this plant:
Papyrus - Wikipedia

But you'd think we could have used something else i.e.:
Birch Bark Manuscript - Wikipedia
Parchment - Wikipedia

Futhark: Mysterious Ancient Runic Alphabet of Northern Europe | Ancient Origins

Instead our only original sources are writings on stones:

Runestone - Wikipedia

This is my favorite stone:

Snoldelev Stone - Wikipedia

Quote:
The triple horn motif has been compared to a triskelion, or to the valknut symbol, and since 2006 has been adopted as the official symbol of the Asatru Folk Assembly.

Old Norse religion - Wikipedia
Old Norse - Wikipedia

Of course, there's a likely theory that they did have a Holy Book, and it was destroyed (the few runestones that were allowed to remain, were tombstones basically).

The AFA will eventually have to get a choir going and create songs to Baldr, and/or perhaps redesign these songs celebrating a new theory that Odin (the shapeshifter) came down to visit the Jews as Jesus lol .

Currently, our alternative Mr Savior Messiah songs are in a difficult to comprehend Norwegian lol:

Seems somewhat hostile at times too lol:

Quote:
Is Jesus Really Odin or Balder? a Historical Theory
http://www.sheknows.com/community/pa...torical-theory
The Church: Jesus Christ is Lord Baldur | Religious Forums

Balder, Ruler of an Age to come | The Odinic Rite

Quote:
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Balder
Balder has also been likened to Jesus Christ, likely due to the number of shared motifs between the two figures (a dying-and-rising god killed, though blameless, who heralds the arrival of a period of eternal peace).
There's quite a culture established with the status quo:

Quote:
http://vrilology.org/rebirth-in-you.html

As a pagan, I have no problem with saying a prayer to Jesus, because I know that the spiritual essence of the God, Jesus, that is worshiped, is essentially a God of peace, and I can associate Jesus with Balder or any other God of peace.
We humans seem to need our imaginary friends. Nature is pretty desolate otherwise.

Last edited by John Smithwick; December 24th, 2017 at 05:37 PM.