View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2010 #11
Celtic_Patriot

Why do you credit outright falsehoods as truth?

"Introductory Note

I have also marked (inside the [] at the end of) the quotations for particular characteristics, which I provide a key to below:

+ = Makes observations on the basis of their experiences in Imperial Russia and/or during the Russian Civil War.
- = The author is of questionable reliability.

'The number of Jews occupying high positions in the Soviet Government is probably larger than the Jewish community is entitled to either on account of its numbers or its higher education standard. But even in Russia, there are many Jewish anti-Bolsheviks; and several of the leading Commissars are very anti-Jewish. Chicherin is Russian, though several of his assistants are Jews. Derzhinsky, the head of the Extraordinary Commission, is either Russian or Polish, and none of the people whom I met in that institution were Jews. Derzhinsky's right-hand man, Mogilevsky, with whom I was brought into close and unpleasant relations, is very anti-Jewish, and is at present trying to get hold of a Jew in Moscow who supplied Mr. North, it is alleged, with large sums of money for anti-Bolshevik agitation.

There must be many such anti-Bolshevik Jews who are probably opposed to Lenin on account of his ingenious scheme of inflating the currency until money becomes valueless. One can quite understand that a race with the financial ability of the Hebrews should dislike such a project.' (7) [+]

(7) Francis McCullagh, 1922, 'A Prisoner of the Reds: The Story of a British Officer Captured in Siberia', 1st
Edition, E. P. Dutton: New York, pp. 267-268."

You attempt to credit that outright lie as a plus "+" as valid?

You credit that statement as true?

Mogilevsky was a Jew, that is indisputable [1]. Mogilevsky was born to Jewish parents in Pavlograd. In 1903 he joined the RSDRP, and in 1904 Mogilevsky was arrested. In 1906 he left Russia for Switzerland where Mogilevsky met Vladimir Lenin who recommended him to be admitted into Bolshevik section of the party. headed the Soviet foreign intelligence service of the GPU.

Jewishgen states that MOGILEVSKY, Solomon Grigorevich, born 1885, mother Ekaterinoslav Gubernia, death 1925, occupation: Politics [2].

Your source of Francis McCullagh's statement about Jews in Communism has been discredited. You have failed to defend your thesis.

Your information is incorrect.

References

[1] Hebrew University: http://icj.huji.ac.il/jree47.asp
[2] MOGILEVSKY, Solomon, Grigorevich; Russian Jewish Encyclopedia
Surnames starting with the letter M, translated by Josif and Vitaly Charny: www.jewishgen.org/belarus/rje_m.htm

Last edited by Celtic_Patriot; May 21st, 2010 at 05:33 AM.