View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2012 #26
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Canada View Post
We both know what the word queer means. But the people we're trying to reach weren't around then. The word has changed. Fags have been using the word queer for 30+ years. The word's been rendered politically and gender neutral. It no longer conveys the message of scorn and revulsion they deserve. And there's nothing to be gained by fighting over the meaning of a word when we have another word that is just as powerful. Let them have the word queer, and we'll call them fags.
You do that, I'm not.

Quote:
Please Alex. I'm aware that using the word fag as a general insult is a very new thing.
No, it isn't. People have used fag as a general insult at least as long as I've been alive. Gay too. Whichever word is a associated with queers will be used that way.

Quote:
But you and I would both know better than to use the word that way unless we were prepared to deal with the consequences. And kids aren't stupid. They know the real meaning of the word. And I'm willing to bet you these kids invented the new meaning themselves so they can continue using the word fag without getting in trouble for "hate crimes". They probably wait until the real fag is within hearing distance before using the word.
I'm not sure what world you're living in, but kids in the schoolyard have always called each others fags and gay, just meaning weak, pathetic or wussy by it.

Quote:
Young people are under enormous pressure to join these "gay-straight alliances". It's unnatureal. And they're rebelling. This is our chance. We need to embrace their language, and give them the facts on what these fag deviants really are. Not just the fags they go to school with, but teachers who are probably fags, and why the Jews put them there.
We avoid that by never calling them gay, which is a propaganda term. The question is what they should be called, and queer is a good one. Queer is a nastier and more threatening term than fag.