View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2014 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
If anyone asks me, I'll just say I don't believe in the gods imagined by men. And if anyone asks why, then I'll say show me a single person on the planet that can prove the existence of any god.

The question of whether there is or isn't a higher level power that would fit man's definition of what a god might be is a completely different question than whether I think gods imagined by men are actually real. I'm not sure anyone will ever know the answer to the first part.

I'm not going to get defensive about being called an Atheist, and if someone pushes the envelope with that label, I'll immediately own up to it for the same reason I'll own up to being a racist, or an antisemite. Even if you call yourself something else, there still might be people who will confront you about it and say "You're still technically an Atheist, right?". At the end of the day, I really don't give a shit what people think.

A new neighbor moved in 2 houses down, and he went around knocking on doors introducing himself to the neighborhood. Which is fine, and its a friendly White thing to do. The problem is, he started leaving trash on my doorstep in the form of kwaristian leaflets. And I happened to see him the next day, walking up the road with a few leaflets in his hand that matched the one on my doorstep. At first I tried to not be rude to the guy, and told him that being courteous to your neighbors involves not imposing your religious beliefs on them. He starts mumbling about christ this, christ that, and after about 10 seconds of listening to that shit I had lost my patience with the guy, and told him "what part of me not believing in your dead jew on a stick don't you fucking understand?" He mumbled, yo yo you're an Atheist!! And I said, yeah, so don't drop your trash off at my doorstep again. Never seen the guy again, and I don't even think hes been dropping leaflets around my area anymore.
I've talked to many religious people, sometimes I enjoy it. But I say the same things I do here, although I'm not as hostile. If I don't want to talk to them, I don't. If I do, I state my views flatly. I don't try to be friendly or unfriendly. One way you can tell christianity is false is its salesmen are always extra nice. That's because what they're selling won't go on its own merits. They have to perfume it.