View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2005 #84
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
There's a news flash. AE and I used to laugh at this, and you left out Outis telling me to fuck off in a fashion not at all dissimilar to the way he just told you, which I've related to him and he is ostensibly comfortable with. He claims to have gotten over himself, and there are signs he is at least not personalizing his rancor. That's more than I can say for you, Steve. Can we grow up a little here?
Well, I disagree. I believe that Outis has only "gotten over himself" temporarily so he can worm his way into a moderator position. Have you asked yourself why he is all of a sudden so concerned with the well-being of VNN? Why he wants to be a mod so badly? Why doesn't he just start his own forum where he can moderate to his hearts content? Too many red flags going up from this fella for my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
I'm not suggesting Outis replace AE as "board fuhrer": that's Alex's wish and it's working out well. But it's a sign of maturity that quality people be given a second chance, among ourselves, i.e.. Mod is such a thankless task, I'm grateful to AE and everyone here that steps up to that plate. But don't dismiss and tut tut Outis for wanting to clean up this place. If you really feel he'll go mad with power from the dizzying heights of message board moderation, what can I say? He can be deposed like anyone else.
linder set this board up as a free speech forum. He's fined tuned it over the months and I agree with you that it's working out well. As too "cleaning up the place"....AE, Chain, Stan, Rmac and Garrett have banned the appropriate posters or confined them to opp forum as the case may be. All have used a fair but firm hand and I for one think they have done an outstanding job. Why add another mod to the group? Especially one who seems, shall we say, a little off kilter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THamilton
Your belief is wrong. I made this known to AE a week ago, as you can verify if you search my posts (but given your short attention span in anything but slander, you will probably not find it), so I assume Intrepid took his cue from that. If however he guessed or had other information, so what? why are you nuzzling up to Intrepid?.
Me "nuzzling up to Intrepid"? That'll be the day. Look pal, I just don't think you're mod material. You're to sensitive, you are to touchy and easily irritated by the opinions of others especially when they disagree with you. Now don't get me wrong, I have pretty much the same personality. But I'm not on a mission to become a VNN mod for the simple reason I know I wouldn't make a good one and neither would you!

Quote:
You're right, that thread is a gem—it was exceedingly well written. But you are making yourself a real nuisance. Why? what is at stake for you? and what is your aim in posting that entire response? reviving bad blood? It ain't there, for my part. I myself am a married man as it were, so I might as well go read that whole thing off in the mirror!
Their is nothing "at stake" for me other than I like the way the forum is run now and other than a few small changes don't want any mass upheavals that most likely would occur if you were made a moderator. As to me making a nuisance of myself, guilty as charged. But it is Linders forum and he ultimately makes the final decisions. Fortunately it's still a free speech forum and I can give my opinion as can everyone else.

Quote:
What this boils down to for me is creating a cadre of "necessaries" who can, at some point, dispense entirely with ad hominem attacks and the like, focussing on other matters. The presence of "antis" begs one to sling mud and have mud 'slung' at one. Shaw wrote that you teach men the way you clean horses, by scalding them; but the only way to purify raw human material is by boiling it and boiling it again, distilling the salt.
In other words a forum of men who only think like you and anybody who doesn't toe the line is gonzo, right? Boringggggg!!!!!!

Last edited by Steve B; June 20th, 2005 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling