Full Thread: Gear You Need To Have:
View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2013 #43
keifer

This bow is everything people say it is when speaking positive. However, after shooting two of them I have developed at least an introductory IMHO. This bow for all its compact design is a wrist slapper, serious. Even with a wrist guard it digs in heavy as the string is released and catches the wrist guard causing unstable flight to the arrow. This does not seem to be a simple case of misappropriation to my own physical design but a concern that is more of a general concern to any given individual. The two people who have lent me their bow to shoot have also complained of the same the same results of wrist slap. Not only did it dig into my forearm black and blue but it slapped the back of my thumb that held the bow causing a nasty sting. The anticipation of this causes apprehension when at the point of arrow release. Holding this bow with a slight bend to the elbow helped as it moved my forearm out of the way a little, but this is at the cost and compromise of shooting form. This bow most certainly will meet its requirements as a survival bow but it is not particularly a fun bow to shoot and therefore practice with this gear is likely to be negated. Keep in mind that this is not a recurve bow but a long bow as the limbs are straight and not curved. In general it is recommended that the hand holding the bow should be relaxed and the fingers nearly limp, but with characteristics of the long bows you might find that you will need to tighten the grip so the bow does not jump forward out of the shooters hand. Your results may vary as no bow fits the same for every person.