Full Thread: Hummingbirds
View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2017 #5
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Denver View Post
Bees! I've seen very, very few bees in recent years compared to decades ago. That is, until just recently. I went for a walk in a nearby park last weekend and I saw lots and lots of honey bees. One bunch of flowers had so many bees on and around it I could barely see the plants. I started paying attention and all the way back to my house every flowering plant had many bees.

A very good sign. I've seen nothing like it for a long time. The only time I've been stung by a bee was when I was a kid, seven or eight years old, a little jerk, and purposely annoyed the bees.

Mike
There are lots of programs in various States to get bees going, funding for Independent Beekeeping businesses. Without bees, no food.

I've been stung a bunch, luckily not allergic. I left a soda can sitting outside and took a drink and it was in my mouth, it had gone inside the can, and it stung my lower lip. Ouch. The few seconds of 'what the hell is happening?' more upsetting than the bee sting, lol.

Fun fact: eating locally made honey helps with allergies to local plants, if you have them. Honey trucked into Wal-Mart from another State won't do the trick.