VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 26th, 2009 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder
Default What is the single worst thing about religion?

I think it's that it deliberately unties the relation between cause and effect in the mind of a man who could otherwise stay firm in reasoning.

Old October 26th, 2009 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder

Just had that thought reading Lewpus on economics and moral courage.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/...ourage129.html

His point is you have to actually think and study in order to understand things, and you can do this. But most prefer to watch the financial tickers and listen to the controlled mass media, which do nothing but run back for fresh quotes from the very cranks who failed to foresee in the first place.

Religion's gravest sin lies in falsifying reality by teaching men that the relation between cause and effect does not exist. Converting the understandable into the mystical was clown fools like Lewis and Chesterton's stock in trade. The irony is these men are thought conservatives, but religion is not conservative it is radical, crazy and dangerous. Religion turns strong men into weak men, and weak men into animals.

Old October 26th, 2009 #3
Thomas de Aynesworth
Banned

It puts a spook above the White Man in the hierarchy.

Old October 26th, 2009 #4
Grogan

Grogan

It fosters hope instead of steadfast determination.

It also puts the jew as a "Chosen People".

Old October 26th, 2009 #5
notmenomore

notmenomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I think it's that it deliberately unties the relation between cause and effect in the mind of a man who could otherwise stay firm in reasoning.

Religion is many things besides Xtianity. Would the above be necessarily true for Buddhism?

Old October 26th, 2009 #6
Marty Macaluso

Marty Macaluso

The universalistic aspect of religion is the worst thing in my opinion. Anyone can join up regardless of race or intelligence, all you have to do is get baptized or take an pledge of faith. It tries to create a brotherhood or "humanity" based on some ambiguous belief. I don't think you can create a long standing and healthy nation where anyone can join as long as they believe in Jeboo or Allah.

Old October 26th, 2009 #7
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Alternate Religions to Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmenomore View Post
Religion is many things besides Xtianity. Would the above be necessarily true for Buddhism?
Good point, Buddhists get along quite well with Atheists.

Old October 26th, 2009 #8
Georgie

Georgie

When a bunch of Christians pray and pray and have candlelight vigils about ending abortions and nothing happens. Yet one of them takes a gun and kills some abortionist and suddenly something does happen. That scenario speaks volumes.

Old October 26th, 2009 #9
Oy Ze Hate
We're the Good Guys

Oy Ze Hate

Religion is like a Snuggie for stupid people.

But I don't think religion per se is always bad. Creativity is a legally recognized religion, and it's f'n great.

But obviously we're not talking a religion based on reason, reality, and race - we're talking about Christianity. The worst thing about (this kind of) religion is that it's all about formless concepts. It's about "faith", and "hope", and "beliefs", and "peace", and "love", and a bunch of other Snuggie-esque concepts that nobody can agree on.

Hence we have multiple sects of Christianity, and I do mean multiple. How many wars have been fought in Europe because Catholics and Protestants couldn't see eye to eye about the kike on the stick's teachings? How many had to die in the prime of life because a bunch of old charlatans couldn't agree on the definition of the Trinity? So many questions one could ask. And so much needless suffering in the name of God-worship. And it must be noted that when the Roman Empire fell apart @ 500 AD, a thousand year period called the Dark Ages ensued. A thousand years or barbarism, superstition, and ignorance marking the "rise" of Christianity. To think that Christians once posited that the sun went round the earth, for example. And once this period was over, the "Renaissance" occurred. This word means "rebirth", and this Renaissance marked a return (among intellectuals) to the ideals of classical antiquity. I'm speaking very generally, of course, about this time line. Granted, Christianity didn't go away. It just stumbled onward through the fog, so to speak. I love that George Carlin remark about how God is this, that, and the other, but "He just can't handle money!".

And you know what else I find mystifying about Christians always going on about this "God" character? Not one Christian ever sat down and adequately defined God. How much confusion has resulted because everybody's best buddy doesn't even have a firm description? Is it a he? A she? An it? What does he, she, or it look like? Where does he, she, or it live? This is where we get back to the "formless concepts" concept. The very pinnacle of the universe, indeed its creator, is God, but nobody has bothered to describe he, she, or it as anything but a bunch of hooey that inevitably leads to arguments, anger, and hurt feelings as the religious nutters go ever on about who has the better "belief system".

It simply can't be a coincidence that the word "lie" is stuck right there in the middle of the word "belief".

I like science. It has solid, iron clad, indisputable answers to the mysteries of existence. Religion? It makes a whole lot of claims but we have to die in order to double check them.

And yes, a bunch of ancient heebs wrote the bible. This little fact should answer any questions one might have as to that accursed book's veracity.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Last edited by Oy Ze Hate; October 26th, 2009 at 09:53 PM.

Old October 27th, 2009 #10
Frank Toliver
Formerly Cowboy Zeke

Frank Toliver

The worst thing about religion is that it says if you do the right things and don't do the wrong things, that is the only way you get into paradise, and keep your social acceptance at church. It uses fear to get you to feel bad and to work against your natural interests.

These 'right' things and 'wrong' things can be shifted by whomever controls the church.

The 'right' thing right now is to keep giving niggers money, and letting them sully, rape and murder white women.

The 'wrong' thing is to be a racist, logically accept what is going on, and expel the enemies from your land so that you, your family and your descendants have a better life.

Fuck you hippie, you are the system.

Jews are not just a race or just a religion; they are a race who worship themselves religiously.

Old October 27th, 2009 #11
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

Mark Faust

The worst thing about religion is that it halts progress. Especially scientific progress.

The second shitty thing it does is make people run on blind faith.....most of them encourage you to turn away from your five senses and simply "have faith" A VERY destructive thing IMO.

Old October 27th, 2009 #12
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder

Lots of good answers.

The longer one lives, the more one sees that the vast majority of people believes in magic, and not in the analytical marriage of observation and logic to yield the offspring of reliable evidence. Religion, as the deliberate misuse of the mind, prevents man from developing his main capacity for understanding, hence shaping, his environment. People can be and should trained in the science of logical thinking.

I can't help but notice the way that ZOG's anti-thinking measures, the general dumbing-down its government schools are designed to produce, dovetails with the church's focus on faith. Truly, it is a message that multiplies in meaning as one moves through life, Spengler's insistence that Christianity is the grandmother of bolshevism. Bolshevism, of course, is simply an acuter form of liberalism.

Last edited by Alex Linder; October 27th, 2009 at 01:48 PM.

Old October 27th, 2009 #13
Heather Blue

Heather Blue

We learn what we learn from men's minds. It is a choice, I guess, of which men's minds. We Christians prefers to believe that God's mind is superior to men and we can't really help it if white men go off the deep end trying to decipher the mind of the Almighty. It's a mine field trying to pick out the good ones.

I find many flaws in the Catholic Church. I guess it is called liberalism, but if I had my druthers I'd choose universal Christianity over universal Communism. Christianity is freedom; Communism isn't.

Old October 27th, 2009 #14
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Blue View Post
We learn what we learn from men's minds. It is a choice, I guess, of which men's minds. We Christians prefers to believe that God's mind is superior to men and we can't really help it if white men go off the deep end trying to decipher the mind of the Almighty. It's a mine field trying to pick out the good ones.
There's no reason to posit an Almighty. Why not worry about what actually exists as opposed to inventing things and puzzling over what they mean?

No one knows how we got here or what life means, at least not yet. Many have answers, but they cannot be relied on in the way we can rely on, say, hopping out of bed and hitting the ground rather than the ceiling. So religious knowledge is pure air whereas knowledge from reasoning proved in experience is the meat and the gold.

Quote:
I find many flaws in the Catholic Church. I guess it is called liberalism, but if I had my druthers I'd choose universal Christianity over universal Communism. Christianity is freedom; Communism isn't.
Christianity says men are spiritual equals before god, thereby paving the way for political equality, whether affirmative action for negroes, or forced class leveling of communism, which in practice means decapitating the native White elite.

Old October 27th, 2009 #15
mael

mael

The worst thing? I think that would be that in the afflicted, human beings allow their consciences to be overridden by the religion's organizers (government/banksters) so that they will do things they feel to be wrong to other human beings.

I suppose this means I think the worst thing is that people who fall for religions abdicate being responsible for their conduct.

* I mean 'organized religions.' One can be religious and live a religious life and communicate with God, who can be found only through within.

Old October 27th, 2009 #16
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder

It would be one thing if reason, evidence and logic didn't exist, but they do. Instead of teaching men to use their minds properly, just as you would teach them to blow their nose or brush their teeth, religions tell them to 'lean not unto thine own understanding.' Instead they are to lean unto the understanding of their instructors. This leads to the safety of groupthink, of herding, of conformism. What is an opinion gotten from someone else worth? Not a lot. Yet there are ways of evaluating opinions, and there are ways of testing whether or not one's own opinion is worth something. How much of a man can you be if everything you know you learned from a preacher?

Old October 27th, 2009 #17
Robert Bandanza
Banned

Organized conformity over ridiculous myths. Nothing political or relevant to the world unless you are talking pre-Christian European paganism.

Last edited by Robert Bandanza; October 27th, 2009 at 03:32 PM.

Old October 27th, 2009 #18
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Mike in Denver

Jesus, a mythological Jew, who is purported to have lived about 2,000 years ago, is said to have said, "...blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

This was an early form of the modern, and shorter, Jew phrase, "Trust me."

Mike

Old October 27th, 2009 #19
CharlesEagan

CharlesEagan

it's obvious that being an atheist doesn't automaticly make you a genius or smarter than someone who believes in God. You are just connecting to a common group mind, in religion, a collective, unified consciousness, it's all a desire to be in telepathic communication with other souls or something, there's something to it, but at the same time, it's not totally logical, but animals are not logical, life isn't really 'logical'. It's just the desire to band together for survival.

It's usually easy for idiots and losers to go against the grain, since they have no high quality friends to lose or any status to lose by saying something heretical. Sometimes really smart people are outcasts, or sometimes, outcasts just see things differently, but usually they are outcasts because they are biological idiots or have diabetes or some sort of defect that people sense and therefore shun.

Old October 27th, 2009 #20
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder

Just saw this:

It was Voltaire who said that “God is a comedian whose audience is afraid to laugh.”

Thread