Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 6th, 2019 #1
ColdFire
R.L.A.+Coldy 4 life
 
ColdFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen , Germany
Posts: 1,200
ColdFire
Smile Movies that chilled you to the bone ( thread set up by request )

A message Dawn Cannon recently left on my profile . . .

Quote:
Request:
Hi Cold, I wonder if you could make a thread called 'movies that chilled you to the bone', or so.

Originally Posted by Enbyeff View Post

Movies you couldn't stop watching

The Bedford Incident (truly chilling)
So let it be written . . . so let it be done . . .

- - -

Well . . . anything ?

For me . . .

Bond movie 'Live And Let Die'.


. . about which I happened to make a thread here . .
https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=550457

. . . even though the story is fictional and , as Ray pointed out in the thread, Bond is a 'controlled government agent' , it is , in a way , a movie not shy to portray Negro savagery . . .


I admit that that Voodoo ceremony still chills . . . .


Well , Voodoo ceremonies may not TRULY include people ( victims / captives) being bitten by snakes , yet , it's scary enough . . . .

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=552579


. . so ,already a 'racialist'- undertones movie.

- - - - - -

No. 2 . . .


. . . a dystopic vision about a possible future of television . . .


. . . with quite a 'revealing' sermon at the end . .

". . this is television ,that's all it is . . . it's got nothing to do with people, it's got to do with ratings ! ! . . . For FIFTY years WE'VE TOLD 'EM WHAT TO EAT , WHAT TO DRINK , WHAT TO WEAR ! ! . . for Christ's sake , Ben , don't you understand ? ? AMERICANS LOVE television . . .They WEAN THEIR KIDS on it . . Listen . . they love game shows , they love wrestling , they love sports and violence . . So . . what do we do ? ? WE GIVE 'EM (((what they want))) !!!

We're No . 1 , Ben . . that's all that counts! ! !

. . believe me . . I been (((in this business))) for 30 years!!"

Hmmmmm . . .


- - - -

. . . which movies 'chill' you ?

As for the two above . . . I find them chilling because they are so close to reality . . .

. . how 'bout you ?
__________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let 'em hate . . . as long as they FEAR . . . . .
- - - - - - -
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeliriousP...usky-small.gif
- lightning unto nations

Last edited by ColdFire; January 6th, 2019 at 07:38 AM.
 
Old January 6th, 2019 #2
ColdFire
R.L.A.+Coldy 4 life
 
ColdFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen , Germany
Posts: 1,200
ColdFire
Default

. . . gotta say that I get a chill out of every movie feat . Linda Hamilton . .


. . my personal taste . . .

. . think she's hot.


__________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let 'em hate . . . as long as they FEAR . . . . .
- - - - - - -
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeliriousP...usky-small.gif
- lightning unto nations
 
Old January 6th, 2019 #3
ColdFire
R.L.A.+Coldy 4 life
 
ColdFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen , Germany
Posts: 1,200
ColdFire
Smile

. . and while I‘m at my fav. female roles . . . loved Angie Jolie in the “Tomb Raider“-movies . .

. . .I think she even beat ‘the original‘ . . .

lol . . . no offense

__________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let 'em hate . . . as long as they FEAR . . . . .
- - - - - - -
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeliriousP...usky-small.gif
- lightning unto nations
 
Old January 6th, 2019 #4
Gladiatrix
“It is probably true that
 
Gladiatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a dystopian nightmare
Posts: 786
Gladiatrix
Default

I would say books that chilled you to the bone

Apparently this was made into a movie

__________________
"The bastards and the "they" are Jews: "But Bob, generally speaking, you can't trust the bastards. They turn on us." Richard Milhous Nixon
 
Old January 6th, 2019 #5
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined
 
Emily Henderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pre-Rapture, USA ⚛️
Posts: 3,770
Emily Henderson
Default

'Halloween' is still the creepiest, because they put together things that seem like they can really happen---psychopath who can't be reasoned with escapes and kills unsuspecting goofy girls who are not watching what they're doing---with the fantasy of someone being a 'boogie man' who can disappear and come back to life willy nilly.

Also I liked the simplicity of it---the simple piano beats that sound like a heartbeat accelerating. The pumpkin with the candle, the innocent neighborhood being corrupted forever. All that stuff is classic horror movie fodder.

One thing I dislike is that this was one of the first hyper-sexualized killer movies, many to follow. A mark of a sick turn for society---a deliberately engineered one.

I saw that movie when I was really little too, I would never let a child watch it.

By now we should have kewl scary movies that are lower on the perverted spectrum.

Stories about real killers are chilling too, sometimes more-so than a slick film about a made up killer.

...I may be no judge of what is chilling though since the NASA scene in E.T. scared me (when the astronauts come into the house to detain the family and E.T. and Elliot are sick)---I thought that was creepy as hell and we had to take a break and return later--I was five or six though.

'Waco the Rules of Engagement' is chilling, since it's about government killing people. Children, old people. Puppies.

Oh man I'm killing the fun vilbe of this thread. Let me do mo betta.

Carrie. That is a good one. Never make fun of a girl about her period, you will get all kinds of killed.

Also should mention whoever plays her mom is brilliant, she is scary as hell singing those gospel songs while sewing. That guttural evil voice is really spot on if you've ever been to Vacation Bible Skool.

__________________
"We will never get off this rock until these things are gone along with the jews that enable it."--Ray Allan
emilyehenderson.blogspot.com beesandpollyticks.blogspot.com https://www.gab.ai/JesusWasPartNigger
 
Old January 7th, 2019 #6
Zander
Senior Member
 
Zander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,604
Zander
Default

The Entity - Watched it once and only once..was shitting bricks for about 2 days after watching it as a 14 year old, on an old vhs video recorder my mates dad had. Never again.
 
Old January 8th, 2019 #7
ColdFire
R.L.A.+Coldy 4 life
 
ColdFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen , Germany
Posts: 1,200
ColdFire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
'Halloween' is still the creepiest, because they put together things that seem like they can really happen---psychopath who can't be reasoned with escapes and kills unsuspecting goofy girls who are not watching what they're doing---with the fantasy of someone being a 'boogie man' who can disappear and come back to life willy nilly.

Also I liked the simplicity of it---the simple piano beats that sound like a heartbeat accelerating. The pumpkin with the candle, the innocent neighborhood being corrupted forever. All that stuff is classic horror movie fodder.

One thing I dislike is that this was one of the first hyper-sexualized killer movies, many to follow. A mark of a sick turn for society---a deliberately engineered one.

I saw that movie when I was really little too, I would never let a child watch it.

By now we should have kewl scary movies that are lower on the perverted spectrum.

Stories about real killers are chilling too, sometimes more-so than a slick film about a made up killer.

...I may be no judge of what is chilling though since the NASA scene in E.T. scared me (when the astronauts come into the house to detain the family and E.T. and Elliot are sick)---I thought that was creepy as hell and we had to take a break and return later--I was five or six though.

'Waco the Rules of Engagement' is chilling, since it's about government killing people. Children, old people. Puppies.

Oh man I'm killing the fun vilbe of this thread. Let me do mo betta.

Carrie. That is a good one. Never make fun of a girl about her period, you will get all kinds of killed.

Also should mention whoever plays her mom is brilliant, she is scary as hell singing those gospel songs while sewing. That guttural evil voice is really spot on if you've ever been to Vacation Bible Skool.

Carrie (2/12) Movie CLIP - You're a Woman Now (1976) HD
No beef sis but from reading both your responses to my 'couldn't stop watching' and 'chilled you to the bone'- threads I imagine your private movie collection as maybe hitting the roof of your room . .

lol . . you mention movies I myself have never even heard of . .

Anyway . . Good post , Henderson . .
__________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let 'em hate . . . as long as they FEAR . . . . .
- - - - - - -
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeliriousP...usky-small.gif
- lightning unto nations
 
Old January 8th, 2019 #8
ColdFire
R.L.A.+Coldy 4 life
 
ColdFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen , Germany
Posts: 1,200
ColdFire
Arrow

. . Star Wars Episode 2 . .

Why ?

Think it's the most conclusive of the whole saga . . More or less what 'connects' the whole storyline . . .

Why 'chilling' ?

It's fascinating to see young , clueless Skywalker not being ready to deal with his job as a 'Jedi' , in his youthful immaturity more or less 'breaking' all Jedi 'codes' , being disloyal to his celibacy and butchering a gang of Tusken-Raiders. . .

Anakin probably is the most 'dramatic' character in the whole saga . . .


. . I know many prefer the old movies yet Ep. 2 is the most 'dramatic' I think . .

Anakin's fate is taking form . . .


( del. scene which was cut out yet ,quite conclusive . . That groid Sam Jackson bugs as a Jedi though . . . . .

)
__________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let 'em hate . . . as long as they FEAR . . . . .
- - - - - - -
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeliriousP...usky-small.gif
- lightning unto nations
 
Old January 9th, 2019 #9
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined
 
Emily Henderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pre-Rapture, USA ⚛️
Posts: 3,770
Emily Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
No beef sis but from reading both your responses to my 'couldn't stop watching' and 'chilled you to the bone'- threads I imagine your private movie collection as maybe hitting the roof of your room . .

lol . . you mention movies I myself have never even heard of . .

Anyway . . Good post , Henderson . .
Haha--I only have one shelf full, but yes I've seen a lot of films it seems.

We had this great store in Texas called 'Half Price Books' and they also sold movies--they'd buy your old ones and give you a little bit of in store credit or cash, then you could by new ones. I definitely miss that store for both, I found some real gems there. They sold records as well.

What I didn't bring to North Dakota ended up there.
__________________
"We will never get off this rock until these things are gone along with the jews that enable it."--Ray Allan
emilyehenderson.blogspot.com beesandpollyticks.blogspot.com https://www.gab.ai/JesusWasPartNigger
 
Old January 9th, 2019 #10
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined
 
Emily Henderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pre-Rapture, USA ⚛️
Posts: 3,770
Emily Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
. . . gotta say that I get a chill out of every movie feat . Linda Hamilton . .


. . my personal taste . . .

. . think she's hot.
If you haven't seen it you should see Children of the Corn.

Creepy, though not the best film in the world--- it does however happen to have a couple of hours of Linda Hamilton running around trying not to get crucified by some Nebraskan Evangelical Kiddos.
__________________
"We will never get off this rock until these things are gone along with the jews that enable it."--Ray Allan
emilyehenderson.blogspot.com beesandpollyticks.blogspot.com https://www.gab.ai/JesusWasPartNigger
 
Old January 9th, 2019 #11
Enbyeff
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 190
Enbyeff
Default

The Beast Within: I saw it only once, back in the '80s horror movie craze. The torturous transformation of the horrified teen boy into the same kind of monstrous beast that his "father" was (raped his mother in the woods after killing her boyfriend, if memory serves)....deeply bothered me.

Friday the 13th (original): the Elephant Man bag on Jason's head; his coming up out of the lake at the end...

Altered States: The idea that a person could get in one of those isolation tanks that were briefly popular in the late '70s-'early '80s and regress so deeply into himself in the liquid blackness that he'd emerge an Australopithecus (or whatever that thing was): profoundly disturbing.
 
Old 1 Week Ago #12
ColdFire
R.L.A.+Coldy 4 life
 
ColdFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen , Germany
Posts: 1,200
ColdFire
Smile

. . I also found the old American movie 'Birth Of A Nation' interesting . .

It documents a good deal of American history ( I watched it online a few years ago ).

For those unfamiliar with this movie . . It is from the early 20th century and portrays the fate of two families during the American Civil War . . It also portrays the savagery of the newly freed black slaves . .

Oh , and before any lurkers might object :"American racists from back then only made that movie!!!" , it is an open secret that 'newly freed slaves' at that time were often 'outlaws' , murdering , raping . . . .

Interesting movie
__________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let 'em hate . . . as long as they FEAR . . . . .
- - - - - - -
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeliriousP...usky-small.gif
- lightning unto nations
 
Old 1 Week Ago #13
Dawn Cannon
Xanthochroi
 
Dawn Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The sixth mass extinction event
Posts: 4,160
Dawn Cannon
Default Endless Growth

The ending of How The West Was Won.

My sister and I watched in horror as the beautiful land turned into horrific cities, highways, corporate farming, and industries. Never got over it.

 
Old 4 Days Ago #14
ColdFire
R.L.A.+Coldy 4 life
 
ColdFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen , Germany
Posts: 1,200
ColdFire
Default "Unhappy" with American growth . . ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Cannon View Post
The ending of How The West Was Won.

My sister and I watched in horror as the beautiful land turned into horrific cities, highways, corporate farming, and industries. Never got over it.
. . not sure I understand the intention behind this post ?
__________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let 'em hate . . . as long as they FEAR . . . . .
- - - - - - -
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeliriousP...usky-small.gif
- lightning unto nations
 
Old 1 Day Ago #15
ColdFire
R.L.A.+Coldy 4 life
 
ColdFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen , Germany
Posts: 1,200
ColdFire
Default

Also . .the 'Terminator 1'-movie . . .

I always thought it had subliminal NWO-undertones . .

Think about it . . 'The machines' conspire to destroy mankind , cause wars for both sides and in the end 'take over power' . .

Hmmmm . .

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=552163

Also . . a movie feat. Linda Hamilton (see post #2 ) . . .
__________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let 'em hate . . . as long as they FEAR . . . . .
- - - - - - -
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeliriousP...usky-small.gif
- lightning unto nations
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.
Page generated in 0.10713 seconds.