Smile

From Moscow Metro / Московское метро

Андрей Шейко

Александр Фокусов

Алексей Шаршунский

Олег Муромцев

Old February 2nd, 2020 #43
Susan

The photography is gorgeous, as are the subjects. But, yes, no doubt there are areas less than picturesque.

If you have seen the Bourne trilogy, I think it's the last one where Bourne travels to Moscow to visit the daughter of the man and woman who were his very first "hit"...and she lives in a very tall bland government "projects" building.

The architecture in Europe is just so much more beautiful than anything here in America. Certainly beats anything down in niglanta. The Fox Theater is beautiful on the inside, but so many of the older buildings have been torn down over the years.

Old February 2nd, 2020 #44
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
The photography is gorgeous, as are the subjects. But, yes, no doubt there are areas less than picturesque.
Have you not seen my topics about everyday Moscow?
Photos Moscow and Zelenograd
Photos of Moscow and Zelenograd II

Quote:
If you have seen the Bourne trilogy, I think it's the last one where Bourne travels to Moscow to visit the daughter of the man and woman who were his very first "hit"...and she lives in a very tall bland government "projects" building.
I have not watched these movies.

Quote:
The architecture in Europe is just so much more beautiful than anything here in America. Certainly beats anything down in niglanta. The Fox Theater is beautiful on the inside, but so many of the older buildings have been torn down over the years.
Americans, do not be so pragmatic and finally build something beautiful for Susan's pleasure!

Old February 2nd, 2020 #45
Dominus

Quote:

I'm not sure about Bourne Trilogy, but I know that most of the hollywood/jewood movies are using Bukarest (Romania), Budapest (Hungary) and Prague (Czech Republic) as filming locations when they want to represent Russia (and especially Moscow). So there is a big possibility that those locations you are talking about are actually not even Moscow.

Old February 2nd, 2020 #46
Susan

Default The Bourne Trilogy

Slightly off topic but...if you have not seen The Bourne Trilogy: The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum, you have missed probably the best spy/thriller series ever made.

I had never seen them, of course, because I never go to the movies anymore. I found them at Goodwill stores and they looked intriguing. I love them!!! I watch the series about once a month and never get bored.

Matt Damon plays Jason Bourne, a government assassin who has amnesia at the beginning of the series. If you watch them, watch them in the order I listed them above. The action is real, not CGI, and the tension never lets up.

One of the best things about this series is that there are a lot of characters in each movie and there is not ONE nigger in any position of authority. There are a couple of nigs who are "assets" i.e. other government killers who are after Bourne. But there are NO niggers as bosses or anyone important and it is so refreshing.

All three movies take place mostly all over Europe. And, yes, the scenes that are supposed to be in Moscow really are in Moscow. When you watch the special features, Damon talks about how cold it was when they were filming in Moscow.

There is a girl Bourne meets in the first film who I like too. I had never seen her before. If you have not seen this series, go to Goodwill and you will find these movies. Every time I go, I find one or more of them. Get the widescreen version if you can of course.

I don't usually gush over movies, but these are excellent films.

Old February 2nd, 2020 #47
Ray Allan

Quote:

That's interesting you mention that Susan, because about two years ago I sent this same YouTube video from The Bourne Supremacy to Alex because it showed similar apartment houses in Moscow that Alex posted in his thread about Moscow and Zelenograd. Also, the actress in this scene, Oksana Akinshina, looks very much like a lady in Ukraine I corresponded with some years back who I thought was just as beautiful as Oksana. It was unfortunate I was never able to meet her in person.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old February 2nd, 2020 #48
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Slightly off topic but...if you have not seen The Bourne Trilogy: The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum, you have missed probably the best spy/thriller series ever made.
Thank you so much for your advice

I now rarely watch movies.

And I prefer the genre of comedy

Old June 30th, 2020 #49
Alex Him

Smile

"Ольховая" is an adjective from the word "Ольха / Alder."

Oksana Strummer

Together we can do it

Old June 30th, 2020 #50
Alex Him

Smile

From The Сity of Moscow / Город Москва

(The Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy is the largest exposition, museum and recreational complex in the world, one of the most popular public spaces of the capital city of Russia. Each year, it is visited by about 25 million people.

The Exhibition was opened on 1 August 1939. Its name has changed several times (VSHV, VPV, VDNH USSR, VVC).

In the spring of 2014, the Moscow Government launched a large-scale project to revive VDNH, in honour of the 75th Anniversary of the Country's Main Exhibition. At the initiative of the Mayor of Moscow Sergei Sobyanin, and based on the results of e-voting by city residents, the complex was returned its legendary historical name of the Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy.)

The pavilion #11 "Kazakhstan"

The pavilion #67 "Karelia"

The pavilion #34 "Space"

The pavilion #34 "Space"

The pavilion #34 "Space"

The pavilion #36 "The Cinema Museum"

The pavilion #25 "Petroleum"

The pavilion #28 "Beekeeping"

The pavilion "A worker and a woman collective farmer"

Old July 1st, 2020 #51
Alex Him

Smile

From VDNH / ВДНХ

This is the fountain "A Golden Spike."

This is the fountain "Friendship of Peoples."

This is the fountain "A Stone Flower."

The pavilion #11 "Kazakhstan"

The fountain "Friendship of Peoples" and the pavilion "Central."

Old July 1st, 2020 #52
Tony Boone

They have crappy mail service though.

Old July 1st, 2020 #53
Alex Him

Smile

From VDNH / ВДНХ

The pavilion "Oilseeds"

This is the pavilion "Farming" (before that was the pavilion of the Ukrainian SSR).

Now the Center for Slavic Writing "The Word" is open here.

natalie_travel_blog

olgaborzova7972

marinavoikina

geni4ka

Old July 1st, 2020 #54
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Boone View Post
They have crappy mail service though.
Are you still waiting for your preamp tubes?

From VDNH / ВДНХ

fly.drone.rus

fly.drone.rus

The pavilion #67 "Armenia"

nastya___novikova

It seems this is the pavilion "Azerbaijan"

Old July 1st, 2020 #55
Tony Boone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Him View Post
Are you still waiting for your preamp tubes?
Yes. Here’s what your comrade wrote last week.

Quote:
New message from: el-rayder Top Rated Seller(2,817Red Star)
The package was sent by sea by our Russian post. Instead of air delivery. The General Manager of the Russian post said that the sea container with all the parcels for March and April will arrive on the US coast on July 5-6.... Cooperation with the Russian Post turned out to be toxic. I have to apologize to customers from the United States.....Here is the information... Excuse me...

AND

Who knew it would happen like this ! This is a disaster... but there is no bad without good (Russian proverb). In the future, I plan to make a warehouse in the USA. So that the delivery is fast. And I've already changed my mail to Dutch mail. It is delivered in 22 days on average.

Old July 1st, 2020 #56
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
For our delivery to be fast, you had to order delivery in an intercontinental ballistic missile

Old July 8th, 2020 #57
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:

"The package was sent by sea by our Russian post. Instead of air delivery. The General Manager of the Russian post said that the sea container with all the parcels for March and April will arrive on the US coast on July 5-6.... Cooperation with the Russian Post turned out to be toxic. I have to apologize to customers from the United States.....Here is the information... Excuse me..."
Russian Post CEO Maxim Akimov:

Exports and delivering post abroad proved to be a much more serious problem because of suspended air communications. We are working hard to resolve this issue by involving marine transport and container shipment. - http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/63617

Old November 1st, 2020 #58
Alex Him

Smile

(Henry Dyson)

Old November 1st, 2020 #59
Alex Him

Smile

From Moscow is changing / Москва меняется

(Krylova555)

(Krylova555)

(Krylova555)