Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 23rd, 2019 #1
Marin

Default Earth is Flat

The Earth is Flat. The place where we live is an infinite plain inmovable surface, the Sun and the moon orbit the skies giving us day and night. Richard Byrd found more land beyond Antarctica.

Old February 23rd, 2019 #2
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

An interview with Byrd was published in the Chilean newspaper El Mercurio, which gave the follwoing quote:
Quote:
Admiral Richard E. Byrd warned today that the United States should adopt measures of protection against the possibility of an invasion of the country by hostile planes coming from the polar regions. The admiral explained that he was not trying to scare anyone, but the cruel reality is that in case of a new war, the United States could be attacked by planes flying over one or both poles. This statement was made as part of a recapitulation of his own polar experience, in an exclusive interview with International News Service. Talking about the recently completed expedition, Byrd said that the most important result of his observations and discoveries is the potential effect that they have in relation to the security of the United States. The fantastic speed with which the world is shrinking – recalled the admiral – is one of the most important lessons learned during his recent Antarctic exploration. I have to warn my compatriots that the time has ended when we were able to take refuge in our isolation and rely on the certainty that the distances, the oceans, and the poles were a guarantee of safety.
If the earth has poles, it's gotta be round!

In the lead up to International Geophysical Year, Byrd helped set up a base on the South Pole. Here is the cover of his autobiography:

I see a pole there, don't you?
All these ideas…are chained to the existence of men, to who[m]…they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler

Old February 23rd, 2019 #3
Dan Hadaway

Old February 23rd, 2019 #4
Marin

Old February 23rd, 2019 #5
notmenomore

Negro, please...

Old February 23rd, 2019 #6
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmenomore View Post
Negro, please...
Are you that closed minded my nigga? Do you think we live inside a spinning ball?

Old February 23rd, 2019 #7
Dan Hadaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Are you that closed minded my nigga? Do you think we live inside a spinning ball?
Look at you. Wanting attention.

Old February 23rd, 2019 #8
notmenomore

Quote:

I guess to put in a more likely understandable form, I should have written "nigger, puh-lease..."

Old February 23rd, 2019 #9
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Eratosthenes got the circumference of the earth almost exactly right in the way back.
There's a myriad of reasons why it is provably not flat, a small example covered in the link below.

Once again though re the circumference calculation: Greeks were awesome at, like, everything.

https://prairiepublic.pbslearningmed.../#.XHH2OYWcE2w

...Speaking of niggers, Shaquille O'Neal thought the erf looked flat. He was debunked, here are some examples of what Flat Earthers claim and the evidence that debunks the claims:

https://www.livescience.com/61239-fl...h-in-2017.html

The first flat earther was an Englishman, Samuel Rowbotham.

After he died the leftover Flat Earthers started a Universal Zetetic Society, which was a group set up to look at 'Natural Cosmogony in confirmation of the Holy Scriptures', so they were also Bibleheads.

The Flat Earth Society in the way-back, most of their literature they put out was focused on trying to interpret the Bible to say that the Earth is flat--but to gain respect from people who cared about evidence, they tried to slap on some science. Neither worked.

Old February 24th, 2019 #10
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hadaway View Post
Look at you. Wanting attention.
I don’t want attention, I’m just stating the obvious.

Old February 24th, 2019 #11
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmenomore View Post
I guess to put in a more likely understandable form, I should have written "nigger, puh-lease..."
I guess that even an uneducated actual nigger from Africa would say the earth is flat, inmovable. But you betray your senses because muh nasa and muh white astronauts have been lying all along.

The World is not flying and spinning like whirpool around the sun.

Old February 24th, 2019 #12
Sean Gruber

Tard Corral stuff

Less talk, more action

Old February 24th, 2019 #13
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gruber View Post
Tard Corral stuff

Old February 24th, 2019 #14
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Default If Earth were Flat....

I will say that Marin asking the question is perfectly fine. Hawking would think so too. Truth doesn't fear the asking of questions...but then you have to prove it up. As Barker says, facts don't demand belief.

So let's look at why I say it's not flat, which I'm basing on science.

One main reason is gravity. For it to work on a flat planet, you have to assume it would pull straight down---but from what we know about how it works it'd be more likely to pull toward the center of the flat earth. As you get increasingly farther from the center, gravity would tug more and more horizontally.

This would cause things to happen like trees growing diagonally (because they grow in the opposite direction of the pull of gravity) and it would take the water and suck it toward the center of Earth too.

I think we'd notice all of that.

And the sun.

Earth revolves around it, because the sun is more massive and has more gravity--the Earth doesn’t fall into the sun because it is traveling in an orbit. The sun's gravity isn't acting alone, Earth is is also traveling in a direction perpendicular to the sun’s gravitational pull. The linear momentum and the sun’s gravity combine and you get the circular orbit around the sun.

But the flat earth idea is that the Earth is at the center of the universe, and the sun circles over the top side of the world, giving light and warmth downward.

Now: without the linear, perpendicular momentum that creates an orbit, what force would keep the sun (or the moon) hovering there above the Earth, instead of crashing down into Earth?

The sun would also have to be smaller than Earth so as to not burn it up.

But it's more than 100x the diameter of the Earth.

And so on.

Those are some of the reasons it's false.

Old February 25th, 2019 #15
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
I will say that Marin asking the question is perfectly fine. Hawking would think so too. Truth doesn't fear the asking of questions...but then you have to prove it up. As Barker says, facts don't demand belief.

So let's look at why I say it's not flat, which I'm basing on science.

One main reason is gravity. For it to work on a flat planet, you have to assume it would pull straight down---but from what we know about how it works it'd be more likely to pull toward the center of the flat earth. As you get increasingly farther from the center, gravity would tug more and more horizontally.

This would cause things to happen like trees growing diagonally (because they grow in the opposite direction of the pull of gravity) and it would take the water and suck it toward the center of Earth too.

I think we'd notice all of that.

And the sun.

Earth revolves around it, because the sun is more massive and has more gravity--the Earth doesn’t fall into the sun because it is traveling in an orbit. The sun's gravity isn't acting alone, Earth is is also traveling in a direction perpendicular to the sun’s gravitational pull. The linear momentum and the sun’s gravity combine and you get the circular orbit around the sun.

But the flat earth idea is that the Earth is at the center of the universe, and the sun circles over the top side of the world, giving light and warmth downward.

Now: without the linear, perpendicular momentum that creates an orbit, what force would keep the sun (or the moon) hovering there above the Earth, instead of crashing down into Earth?

The sun would also have to be smaller than Earth so as to not burn it up.

But it's more than 100x the diameter of the Earth.

And so on.

Those are some of the reasons it's false.
Gravity doesn’t exist. If it did not even birds could fly.

Old February 25th, 2019 #16
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Gravity doesn’t exist. If it did not even birds could fly.
No, here's why birds can fly despite gravity: their wings create airfoils that can split the air.

Bugs also have airfoils in the shape of their wings, and airplanes make airfoils with their giant wings.

A bird’s wing curves if you look at it from the side--it’s larger on one end than the other, and the shape of the whole wing and all the individual feathers make it possible for the bird to fly. Air flows above and below the wing, faster over the top of the wing, slower under it. The pressure on the top is less than the pressure underneath.

That's what creates the force called 'lift' and lift is what keeps the bird in the air.
When they flap their wings they create a force called 'thrust' and that is what helps them move forward, and moves the air over their wings to create the lift.

It's why we can't do that when we flap our arms fast, as every small child on earth has tried to do at some point. The birds' hollow bones and light weight help them too, but the 'lift' and 'thrust' are why they fly and we don't get off the ground.

Last edited by Emily Henderson; February 25th, 2019 at 10:57 AM. Reason: grammatical goof up, i blame gravity for pulling me down while i write

Old February 25th, 2019 #17
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
No, here's why birds can fly despite gravity: their wings create airfoils that can split the air.

Bugs also have airfoils in the shape of their wings, and airplanes make airfoils with their giant wings.

A bird’s wing curves if you look at it from the side--it’s larger on one end than the other, and the shape of the whole wing and all the individual feathers make it possible for the bird to fly. Air flows above and below the wing, faster over the top of the wing, slower under it. The pressure on the top is less than the pressure underneath.

That's what creates the force called 'lift' and lift is what keeps the bird in the air.
When they flap their wings they create a force called 'thrust' and that is what helps them move forward, and moves the air over their wings to create the lift.

It's why we can't do that when we flap our arms fast, as every small child on earth has tried to do at some point. The birds' hollow bones and light weight help them too, but the 'lift' and 'thrust' are why they fly and we don't get off the ground.
If Gravity is such a strong force that keeps oceans down on Earth even at the bottom of it, it would be impossible for anything to defy such a force, a bird, a boeing or anything. Gravity is made-up bullshit.

They explain that very well here in one of the questions, ‘What is Gravity?’
https://theflatearthsociety.org/home...he-society/faq

Old February 25th, 2019 #18
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
If Gravity is such a strong force that keeps oceans down on Earth even at the bottom of it, it would be impossible for anything to defy such a force, a bird, a boeing or anything. Gravity is made-up bullshit.

They explain that very well here in one of the questions, ‘What is Gravity?’
https://theflatearthsociety.org/home...he-society/faq
I will talk about the ocean but first let's look at your link. It is put out by 'the flat earth society' but cites no author/evidence and all it says re gravity is the following:

"Gravity as a theory is false. Objects simply fall.

In the flat earth community there are several theories as to why this happens. Some attempt to explain this with use of mechanics like electromagnetism, density, or pressure. Others make use of traditional mathematics, such as the infinite plane model, and others a new look at the problem - such as the non-euclidean model.

What is certain is sphere earth gravity is not tenable in any way shape or form."

^^The first and last claims are simply false, and are made with no proof given--they list some 'attempts to explain' and models used with no details given, and declare sphere earth gravity false.

That's not how de-bunking or proving up something works.

I'll address that claim but there are 2 more sections on gravity from your link I will post 'em here:

"Is The Earth Accelerating Upwards?

No. This is popular theory among some small groups to explain gravity, but it is problematic at best. The Earth Is Stationary. We are not whizzing about in space at 67,000 miles/hour or at speeds accelerating towards the speed of light.

Doesn't Gravity Pull Things Into A Sphere?

Actually, it can shown that an infinite plane would be a more stable form for gravity to pull things into. As mentioned above though, sphere earth gravity is a lie. Many will attempt to say rain drops form spheres due to gravity. Of course this is ridiculous - when they do form spheres (which is a minority of the time) it is due to surface tension."

We can address all of that.

The oceans are attracted to the Moon, and they actually move toward the Moon. The Earth has more mass and it's closer--the oceans don't 'escape'. The gravitational pull of the moon pulls the seas toward it as well, which causes the ocean tides.

Spherical earth is no lie: the strength of gravity is not the same everywhere, because density and mass varies throughout Earth.

As for raindrops: A falling drop of a liquid is always spherical due to surface tension--but this is a half truth told by Flat Earth Society because it has everything to do with gravity too.
Water molecules stick together and it causes spheres in space. Water in a glass or ocean or lake are affected by gravity:gravity pulls the liquid downward into the shape of the container --but surface tension shapes water into spheres if the water is falling like a raindrop. The inward forces on the surface molecules of the liquid cause the surface to volume ratio as small as possible.

Gravity also creates planets and stars by pulling together materials from which they're made.

And regarding acceleration: We know the measurement of that for goodness sakes. Near Earth's surface gravitational acceleration is "approximately 9.8 m/s2, which means that, ignoring the effects of air resistance, the speed of an object falling freely will increase by about 9.8 metres per second every second."

A good source are the Geophysical Research Letters put out by AGU by Diffenbaugh, for that calculation and many others.

One thing to look at is:

Who is it making the claims on the Flat Earth Society Website?

Why do they not go into detail regarding their gravity experiments to really, really prove up their case and put it to rest? They cite them and don't state that any were found to be correct.

What is their background and do they know what they're talking about?

Because the people on the side of spherical earth are backing up their claims with data. Big difference.

Last edited by Emily Henderson; February 25th, 2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: goof up, i blame the moon

Old February 25th, 2019 #19
Hugh
Holorep survivor

Been at the jenkem, Marin?

Old February 25th, 2019 #20
Marin

The world looks flat, motionless, stationary, therefore is a spinning globe flying through the ‘solar system’ [Insert thug hat here].

The Earth is moving at 110.000 kms per hour, according to the funny heliocentric model. The fastest airplane in the world ( The X-15) flies at a speed of 7.200 kms per hour! That means the earth is moving faster than 15 X-15s COMBINED EVERY HOUR!!!! And on top of that is also Spinning at a 1609 Kms per HOUR!!
And Still, so they say, we can’t feel none of it, ABSOLUTELY CAN’T FEEL ANYTHING!!!

I can feel a damn carousel spinning at a carnival fair or a roller coaster. But nothing of supposed Earth movements, and I know why, the Heliocentric model, Gravity and this little spinning globe theory is all COMPLETE GARBAGE.

Thread