Alex Linder
Administrator

not sure why that is, or if it was someone's decision

Old December 10th, 2018 #42
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
Attention mods/admins!

I have a problem, but I didn't want to start a new thread about it, so I'll just write a post about it here, if you don't mind (and if you do, then feel free to delete it and please accept my apologies).

When I visit the subforums Nutzpah Lounge and Support, I only see the threads that were started within the last month. I tried changing the display options from "Last Month" to "Beginning" so that all threads become visible, but if I leave and then return a couple of seconds later, the display options revert to "Last Month".

My question for the mods/admins is: could you make "Beginning" the default option, not just for me, but for everybody, so that we can always see all the threads in these particular subforums? I know that other VNN members also have this problem because somebody started a thread about it several years ago (although I can't find it right now).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I've visited/posted on many forums, but I've never come across this display setting before, so I don't think it's normal. It would be great if you could ask one of your administrators to permanently change the display options from "Last Month" to "Beginning" so that forum members and lurkers can read all the threads, and not just the two or three that were started recently.

Old December 13th, 2018 #43
varg

Quote:
It was on purpose. Bigger queries to the database make the site go slower. You get full results if you are logged in. I had switched most of the main forums to show everything, but it looks like there are still some older ones (Support & Nutzpah) that I could probably switch to 'show all' ---- if it wasnt just for these two subforums that aren't really the active part of the site, and if it was more than one person asking for it, I might consider making the change.

Though it's not as big of a deal as Stewart is making it, because it will 'show all' for anyone who is logged in. If they log in when viewing those two subforums, it will show everything while protecting us from crawling bots slowing the site down. The cookie that gets set to keep you logged in defaults to expire after a period of time of inactivity (as all sites do)- make sure you check 'keep me logged in' if it is signing you out when you should be kept signed in.

I don't know, making a thread specifically to get answers on why someone was banned, and then pushing in large bold font, posted in multiple places + a PM to me, that we change forum functionality just for their benefit, when there is an easy work around is just wasting our time. Gives me the impression that this person is demanding.

Old December 14th, 2018 #44
Stewart Meadows

Varg, I'm sorry if you feel that I'm demanding. It's customary (on VNN as well as on other forums) to start a thread in the Support section if you have questions about why a fellow poster was banned, and I don't think that my OP or my subsequent replies to Alex Linder were disrespectful.

Regarding the display options, I believed that it was a problem, but I didn't want to start a new thread so I wrote about it here. And yes, I sent you a private message about it, but I'm pretty sure that it's the only one I've ever sent to you, so it's not like I'm spamming your mailbox with questions and requests.

In any case, I thank you for your substantive reply, and I apologize if I overstepped my boundaries.

Old December 19th, 2018 #45
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking hello

varg, can you fix my account so I can use the forum again?

Old December 20th, 2018 #46
ColdFire
Banned

Smile

Cheerio T. G. . .

. . . you wouldn't happen to have the same problem as I have recently?
. . I also have trouble accessing this forum.
I already contacted Alex
I have to rely on my cell-phone right now to access VNN (or that of my wife for that matter ) to have access.

Technical difficulties , it would appear.
Don't worry , yer not the only one . .
We might have had our difficulties in the past , yet . . . whatever..

Greetings over to N. Y. . .

Sry for posting drunk-ass Sinatra here . . .

. . but all the best wishes . . .

Old December 20th, 2018 #47
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernNS View Post
. . .bwahahaha!

lol , that's what I like Lovecraft for . .he wasn't blind to race . . .
- - - - -

My fav . character by him though ..
'Da mitee Cthulhu' . .

lol . . .

Imagine such a 'thing' would really exist , lol

I suppose no sailor would 'hit that sea' anymore . .

. . . for the risk of being eaten by 'da mitee one' . .

Old December 20th, 2018 #48
T.Garrett
Banned

Default ColdFire

Someone is letting my posts get through to the forum so it's cool. Varg is the one you need to contact regarding tech issues and I see he's been in this thread so I thought I'd give him a shout instead of bothering the boss. He has said in the past that he's as clueless as you and I are about the workings of the forum software.

Greets back to you in the Fatherland brother

Old December 20th, 2018 #49
varg

Your email address was changed and it was never validated. You get put on moderation if an email address is changed and never validated.

I took the moderation status off.

Old December 20th, 2018 #50
T.Garrett
Banned

Smile great

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Your email address was changed and it was never validated. You get put on moderation if an email address is changed and never validated.

I took the moderation status off.
Thanks varg, hope all is well with you.

Old December 20th, 2018 #51
ColdFire
Banned

. . technical problems mostly (or often ) appear when you last need 'em . . . .

In fact I heard the whole street where I live is experiencing internet-problems recently..

As I've already said in this thread ,the NSA can look 'over your shoulder' concerning your internet-activities nowadays.

In fact they might even hack into your account . .
Bye bye online freedom . . .I see that comin' . .
But only concerning the 'suspicious' parts of society . . .

'Those up there' I suppose won't be bothered . . .

'Just' world we are living in . . . .

To quote this guy . . . .

"One man is born a hero . . his brother a coward . . . babies starve . . . politicians grow fat . . . . holy men are martyred . . . and junkies grow legion . . . why , why , why . . . WHY ? ? LUCK ! ! !

Blind , stupid , simple, doo-dah , clueless luck ! !"

Last edited by ColdFire; December 20th, 2018 at 02:10 PM.

Old December 20th, 2018 #52
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking ooo the nsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
. . technical problems mostly (or often ) appear when you last need 'em . . . .

In fact I heard the whole street where I live is experiencing internet-problems recently..

As I've already said in this thread ,the NSA can look 'over your shoulder' concerning your internet-activities nowadays.

In fact they might even hack into your account . .
Bye bye online freedom . . .I see that comin' . .
But only concerning the 'suspicious' parts of society . . .

'Those up there' I suppose won't be bothered . . .

'Just' world we are living in . . . .
Haha I dont think the US fedgov could really give a fucken rats ass about us and what we write here, they have enough on their plate just 'creatively' implementing ways to collect more tribute from us shitizens and the countries of the 'free' world to keep increasing the bloated salaries they pay themselves. Most bureaucrats would sell their own children for a new Audi A8, a swimmin pool in the back yard and a vacation every year in the Bahamas.

They might try to shut down the internet at the behest of some whiny whingers in (((corporate america))) but they will fail, just like they fail at everything else they attempt. Likely they have already tried and failed. Check out what 'full spectrum dominance' got for 'em in the ME and West Asia since 2001

Yawn, fuck the US gubbermint. I'd concern myself more on the problem of what to have for dinner tonight, I think I'll go to Peter Luger's for a steak and veggies after maybe I'll go hit a few clubs on Queens Boulevard with this chick I met the other night

Tata

O, and thanks again for helping out with that problem vargie.

Last edited by T.Garrett; December 20th, 2018 at 03:21 PM.

Old December 28th, 2018 #53
Alex Linder
Administrator

here's an example of vox day talking about it, thanks amerikaner. this is some of what i referred to above, altho he was writing about it earlier this year, but not recently

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?...05#post2260805

Old July 7th, 2019 #55
Rasen
Banned

Quote:
if you're into science fition, that already proves you're a fag, any many fags are also pedos.

no joke - vox day has written quite a bit about this: sci-fi writers and that community are hugely overlapped with pedophiles
Couldn't agree more.
I also think people flooding all threads with irrelevant 40+ years old crap screenshots and gifs must be huge fags IRL. Would be perfect if someone fucked all shit out of them.

Thread