VNN Broadcasts

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1361
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Our Resident English Major Catches Typo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
You're behavior reminds me of the .

Speaking of ignorance. You've confused the term 'complement' with the term 'compliment .' You really should brush up on your vocabulary and grammar.
I am soooo honored that our resident English major who masquerades as a nurse has corrected my typo. If he reads my posts carefully, he might learn something about nursing.

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1362
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Letters to Ukrainian Girlfriend

Sex slave trafficking of Ukrainian women to Israel is ancient news and not even worth Steele's time to investigate. It was well publicized over five years ago. This sounds like one of those "The dog ate my homework." excuses to me. If Steele wrote ANY Ukrainian women from jail for ANY reason, he was crazy as a shit house rat. His two letters to me bore no sign of being opened but the FBI has means of doing so that would not be detectable by me.

Rex Steele clearly didn't want to talk to his dad when the latter called him from jail. He also knew something about the doll for the Ukrainian girlfriend. The FBI claims to have gotten the letter from the girlfriend thru Ukrainian officials. They claim to have other letters to her as well.

I am inclined to believe that Cyndi was telling the truth about there being no life insurance policy on her, especially knowing her husband before his aorta surgery. He believed in the collapse of the economy and trusted only in silver and gold. If so, her husband may have defrauded Fairfax by offering to pay him $100,000 for the hit if the policy paid off. They might try to add fraud charges to the rap sheet.

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1363
John Liberty

Quote:
He also knew something about the doll for the Ukrainian girlfriend. The FBI claims to have gotten the letter from the girlfriend thru Ukrainian officials. They claim to have other letters to her as well
All this girlfriend stuff seems to emanate from the feds so far, and I trust them as far as i can toss a fat one.

Quote:
They say the woman is involved in one of Steele’s cases and the FBI is just searching for a motive in the murder for hire case. They claim Steele is working on a Russian bride scam.

http://www.krem.com/news/crime/FBI-M...116510313.html
This is what I heard, that it was the government prosecutors that were pushing the girlfriend story to give Edgar a motive to get rid of his wife. Ed was looking into a mail-order bride scam rumored to involve some type of enforced servitude, hence the contact with foreign ladies. (sounds like kike-ish stuff) It would seem that after this massive operation, Ed would be an unlikely candidate for extra marital activities, (no matter what his mental state was).

Ed is also sixty-five, I would assume he would be more concerned with a full recovery not that long after a major life threatening operation. But the Feds would have us believe that just four or five months later he was already plotting to kill off his wife and marry a young Ukrainian? Like Don says, someone would have to be a little crazy to try and pull this off, (only is that person Ed)?

I am inclined to give Ed the benefit of the doubt for now, (for old times sake) and because of my very low opinion of the people after him.

I think I smell a stinkin' somewhere in this mess, wonder if their writing love letters as we speak.

Last edited by John Liberty; February 23rd, 2011 at 01:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1364
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry The Jew Is to Blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Liberty View Post
All this girlfriend stuff seems to emanate from the feds so far, and I trust them as far as i can toss a fat one.........

I am inclined to give Ed the benefit of the doubt for now, (for old times sake) and because of my very low opinion of the people after him.

I think I smell a stinkin' somewhere in this mess, wonder if their writing love letters as we speak.
Not so. This girlfriend business I heard with my own ears from the jailhouse recording between Steele and his son Rex.

Any fool knows that the Jew is to blame, as Reichminister Goebbels, of Blessed Memory has taught us. But it does no good for us to lie to ourselves about what has happened here with our fallen comrade. I was convinced that the Famous But Incompetent had framed Steele, but it looks like all of their evidence is real. They had to have known that he was crazy and used that to entrap him . At least that is a little better than framing him.

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1365
John Liberty

Way to go defending the heebs, are you from Vegas?

Quote:
Any fool knows that the Jew is to blame,
This is the fools quote, because the jew usually is to blame. And, this is the same shit I use to hear over on Kosherfront daily , "oh, you always blame the jews". Steele named the stinkin' kikes, and you want to defend the feds version of events?

The reason the stinkin' jews are blamed all the time is because they are usually guilty.

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1366
John Liberty

Quote:
But it does no good for us to lie to ourselves about what has happened here with our fallen comrade. I was convinced that the Famous But Incompetent had framed Steele, but it looks like all of their evidence is real. By Don,
I even know what's next in this line of reasoning,

"No one will ever take us seriously if we keep blaming everything on the jooz."

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1367
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Reading Comprehension Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Liberty View Post
Way to go defending the heebs, are you from Vegas?

This is the fools quote, because the jew usually is to blame. And, this is the same shit I use to hear over on Kosherfront daily , "oh, you always blame the jews". Steele named the stinkin' kikes, and you want to defend the feds version of events?

The reason the stinkin' jews are blamed all the time is because they are usually guilty.
Work on your reading comprehension, I blame the Jews.

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1368
John Liberty

Quote:
Work on your reading comprehension,

From what I read , it looks like your trying to pre-convict Ed, even before the trial. (Just like the MSM).

And the winner is,

Old February 24th, 2011 #1369
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Change of Venue Motion

Steele's worse than worthless public pretender could have filed this motion over six month's ago . Now it has to be filed two weeks before trial. At least his new lawyers are doing something instead of nothing. There is some doubt in my mind about this being a good move. It seems to me that it is more likely for a local Idaho citizen to hang the jury than somebody from Wyoming.
========
http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/...cc4c002e0.html

Steele’s lawyers ask for trial to be moved
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:00 am

COEUR d’ALENE — Attorneys representing a man accused of orchestrating a murder-for-hire plot want the trial moved to Wyoming. A change of venue request filed by Robert McAllister and Gary Amendola on Tuesday said that “negative pre-trial publicity” makes it too difficult to obtain an impartial jury in North Idaho. Edgar Steele, 65, of Sagle, is accused of hiring a hitman to kill his wife, Cyndi Steele.

Trial is set to begin March 7, but the request filed by Steele’s lawyers said that ongoing local news coverage — including the release of recorded phone conversations that are the reason Steele is facing a witness tampering charge — was assisted by the U.S. government or Spokane County Jail officials.
Those released tapes and subsequent news stories make it very difficult for Steele to receive an unbiased jury, the motion states.

“Edgar Steele cannot receive a fair trial in this District because the jury pool has been exposed to this publicity,” the request said. “There was no need for anyone to release evidence in a criminal case to the media other than to gain an unfair advantage.”

The motion asks the trial be switched to Cheyenne, Wyo., where there is not a backlog of cases, and where potential jurors have not been exposed to the coverage. Amendola said he expects the judge to rule on the motion by Friday.

Steele is facing four felony counts, including one for use of interstate commerce facilities in the commission of murder-for-hire. Federal prosecutors have said they plan to produce evidence of Steele’s motive.

Prosecutors, in court documents, said Steele wanted to be with another women and that he took steps to be with her. Chief U.S. Magistrate Candy W. Dale denied a $1 million bail for Steele on Feb. 16.

Should the request be denied, the defendant requests for “careful and deliberate voir dire examination” be individually conducted with potential jurors on the issue of pre-trial publicity, rather than in group format.

Old February 24th, 2011 #1370
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Recent Cyndi Interview

Cyndi has done another fine job of advocating for her husband in this interview. For the first time, she offers a rather unconvincing explanation for the correspondence with the Ukrainian girl friend. I still maintain that if Steele wrote ANY Ukrainian woman from jail for ANY reason that he was crazy as a shit house rat. He would never have done this if his mind was working normally. As I see it, the only viable defense is entrapment.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/pod...iSteele128.mp3

Old February 25th, 2011 #1371
John Liberty

Quote:
For the first time, she offers a rather unconvincing explanation for the correspondence with the Ukrainian girl friend. by Don
I thought it was thoroughly convincing, he was working on kosher human trafficking. I just do not understand why you want to continually bring into question refutations of the feds story by one of the main protagonists in this case.

Quote:
originally posted by John Liberty
Ed is also sixty-five, I would assume he would be more concerned with a full recovery not that long after a major life threatening operation. But the Feds would have us believe that just four or five months later he was already plotting to kill off his wife and marry a young Ukrainian? Like Don says, someone would have to be a little crazy to try and pull this off, (only is that person Ed)?
Cyndi states the Feds chain of motives from interview,

There was the life insurance motive (but no policy).

The Ed hates Cyndi's mom, (after Ed just bailed her out of mortgage problems).

The Cyndi has a boyfriend angle (but she didn't).

Then the Ed has a girlfriend angle.

Cyndi,
"According to the feds, Ed's supposed girlfriend affair started right around the time of his first major illness back in November.
It supposedly continued right through the period of his six month recovery , he was in NO shape to have a GF, it was the government's new motive to entrap Ed"

Don, How's the weather down in Heebtown, I'm going to visit the gun show down there this weekend? It's on Sunset right off the Strip. Driving down from my second home in Whiteville, Utah,

http://www.lasvegasgunshow.com/

Don't want to be around next weekend though,

Last edited by John Liberty; February 25th, 2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: extra word

Old February 25th, 2011 #1372
Contumacyman

If the government actually had a genuine recording of Ed saying the things they claim, and if ED had actually said those things while being recorded, then the government's case would be irrefutable and they would need nothing else but to play the tape, allow any team of experts anywhere to thoroughly examine it, and, testify on the withness stand the circumstances during which the tapes were recorded (the devices used, the settings, the witnesses, present and stealth, the chain of custody since then, etc). There would be no need for the government to harness Ed and disallow him speaking to his wife, nor even to keep him in jail without bail as they could provide protection to Cindy pending the trial. If the government actually had genuine tapes, ED himself would know that and he would plead something other than not guilty, hoping for mercy from the court.

It is obvious that the government is not confident themselves in their so-called "tapes", because they are doing everything they can to avoid subjecting these "tapes" to scrutiny. Now, we hear reports that the government seeks to spend a small fortune to make a trip oversees - WTF????? That would be total nonsense if they already had genuine tapes to make thier case.

VNN has sunk pretty low in this thread allowing nay sayers to keep hogging this thread raising questions as to those tapes maybe being authentic, and dreaming up fantastic notions to explain why Ed would have done what he is accused of, when, the person CLOSEST to Ed has been busy explaining it all of us out in the open in the public arena. If anyone would know if anything was wrong with Ed's mind, she would know, so, those on this thread who keep bashing Ed suggesting something is wrong with his mind are starting to sound like jew-plants.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

The only charge that might stick is the one where he called his wife while in jail, alledgedly making him guilty of "witness tampering". The best defense against this is probably going to be something along the line of diminished capacity due to stress, and that would explain why his new attorneys filed those pleadings. Even after the government fails to get a conviction on the main charge, they will push aggressively on the witness tampering charge (because those scumbags can't allow Ed to get off scot-free), and we can only hope that the jurors will decide that since there was never any guilt from the outset, his instructions to his wife would be guiltless also, since any guiltless and reasonable man of ordinary intelligence would likely act in a similar way. Individual jurors might decide, all on their own, that a husband has an inborn RIGHT to talk to his wife, the judge's order be dammed!

The odds now are that those tapes will never be provided to the defense (now that Ed has a defense and money to pay for experts) since the government KNOWS they will be easily shown to be bogus, so it will probably come to pass that those tapes are somehow lost or damaged beyond repair and the government will fall back on 3rd or 4th generation low-fi copies from which no solid conclusions can be drawn. The judge will allow this, of course (since she is obviously in cahoots with the govies), but we can only hope the good folks on the jury can see through all this.

What irks me about this additionally is the huge amount of money having to be spent defending against these tyrannical govie types that are running loose without penalty for any crimes they commit. All that money will never be recovered, plus the loss of liberty ED has had to suffer, along with his family losing having him around to be the father he has always been.

This case was a farce from the beginning, and the longer it goes on, the more it stinks.

Old February 25th, 2011 #1373
John Liberty

Default Short Synopsis of Cyndi's interview and opinion

Cyndi makes a pretty good case herself in that last interview. The actual terrorist bomber , Larry Fairfax, is getting a sweetheart "Get out of Jail" early card for testifying against her husband. So instead of an attempted murder charge, Fairfax gets out in 18 months on a weapons charge for his testimony implicating Ed. Classic entrapment case by the usual suspects. Fairfax's accomplices (James Mahr) are also being dismissed as non-existent by the assistant prosecutor, Tracy Whelan. Fairfax has a hand picked defense attorney, ex-Federal judge James Michaud, who has actually gotten on the stand to testify on behalf of Fairfax. Fairfax was rifling through the Steele's belongings and stealing new tires off the families vehicles. He took $45k in silver also. He was not charged with any of these crimes.

The FBI had Fairfax in custody five days before the bomb (WMD) was found on Cyndi's car, but disavow any knowledge of it. Cyndi was offered no protection after the bomb was found, the Feds must have assumed she was now in no danger from Fairfax's buddies. They then gave Fairfax an easy plea deal over the two potential victim's objections (Cyndi and her mom) for his testimony against Ed.

Ed is listed in the ADL's top 40 white extremists, this would seem to make him a prime target for the Feds FBI heeb patrol. It looks pretty cut and dried to me that Ed was the real target of the NKVD/FBI sting and Fairfax is just a useful idiot in the frame up. When the opportunity arose for Fairfax to take advantage of the sting against Ed because of his pilfering, he jumped on it. This would appear to be another classic Federal anti-white (pro-heeb) operation, totally unconcerned with the individual who actually planted the WMD. They don't let the muzzies off as easy as Fairfax when they catch them with a WMD.

Last edited by John Liberty; February 25th, 2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Old February 25th, 2011 #1374
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Best Press Release So Far

This is Cyndi's best work so far and might be good enough to convince a jury IF there is NOT an insanity defense. I fear that the government will put the Ukrainian woman on the stand. Evidence is strong that she didn't know The Five Words.

I felt at the start that Steele had been entrapped by a corrupt government . Now that his new lawyers have prepared for an insanity defense, I have my grave doubts about Steele's innocence. It could well be that the government knew his weakened mental state and used it to entrap him.

There is plenty of dirty laundry on both sides which is in need of airing. Only time will tell. It Steele pleads not guilty by insanity, he will spend the rest of his life in a mental institution. He will never get any better and the government will never let him out.

If he goes for an entrapment defense, he may get a clean acquittal. In that case, Cyndi can treat him to the extent that is needed and let him out when she sees fit. If he is convicted, the Federal prison system is preferable to a mental institution. He can appeal and get a retrial. Once he is acquitted, he can sue the government for tens of millions of dollars for entrapment.

While the government's case is a laughing stock, I now have grave doubts that they framed Steele. My money says that the recordings are real, although of very poor quality. If Steele wrote ANY Ukrainian women from jail for ANY reason, he was crazy as a shit house rat. The jail house recording of Steele's conversation with his son left me with grave doubts.
========
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=217

Press release: prosecution seeks paid trip to Ukraine, 2/19/2011
2011 FEBRUARY 22
by admin
NEWS – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 19, 2011

THE EDGAR STEELE DEFENSE FUND, an Idaho non-profit corporation wishes to address a recent prosecution motion which effectively asks for an all-expense paid trip to Ukraine, claiming it is related to Mr. Steele’s case.

Once again, the prosecution has it wrong. In pursuing the Ukrainian connection to my husband, First Amendment lawyer Edgar Steele, the Government is grasping at straws because there is no motive for the alleged murder-for-hire. The Government knows that, as my husband’s legal assistant, I was fully aware that the Ukrainian woman was suspected to be
a part of a “Russian-Bride” scam which cheated one of his clients out of thousands of dollars. By communicating with this woman, my husband was working a case to bring down the people involved in stealing from Americans. Now, instead of doing her job, AUSA Traci Whelan, in seeking an all expense trip abroad and has turned this into a Media-Op.

When my husband was first arrested, the FBI claimed his “motive” was to cash in on our life insurance proceeds. When I told them that we had canceled our life insurance years ago, the FBI claimed my husband had a private investigator following me who supposedly had pictures of me with a “boyfriend.” Oops, the FBI lied again. There was no private investigator, no pictures and no boyfriend. Now the Government is using my husband’s
investigation of a human trafficking ring to claim he had a girlfriend. This is just another example of the FBI using fraud to prosecute the innocent. As we all have learned from recent reports, the Government has prosecuted thousands of innocent people on fabricated evidence over the past 14 years.

In response to AUSA Traci Whelan’s comment: “If the defendant could not control his actions and that is why he hired a hit man, what is to stop that from happening again?” First, my husband was weak from four surgeries and the prescription drugs taken during his recovery, so he didn’t see Larry Fairfax taking advantage of him. Second, he did not hire Larry Fairfax or anyone to be a hitman. And, Third, AUSA Whelan well knows that Larry Fairfax is a liar because he lied to the FBI by not disclosing that he had attached a bomb to my car in June when he promised to “come forward” with all his criminal activity. AUSA Whelan has seen the theft report and knows that Fairfax stole
$45,000 in silver savings from my husband and me. AUSA Whelan also knows that Fairfax was covering up his theft by blaming my husband in a supposed murder-for-hire scam.
AUSA Whelan even told my attorney and me that Fairfax had confessed he was trying to “scam” us. So what does it take to get AUSA Whelan to do her job? She has the real criminal and she knows who his accomplices are but she will not properly charge either with the serious crimes committed by them, thus allowing them to continually put my life and the public in danger.

I’m standing up for my husband because he is innocent. It was the FBI that was tampering with my testimony, trying to persuade me to accept one of their many versions of this case. But, I took the time to look at the evidence, without accepting anyone else’s perspective, in order to make up my own mind. After I looked, I realized that it was the FBI who knew there was a bomb on my car many days before I found it attached to my muffler on June 15th. Did the Government say anything to me or do anything to warn the public? No!

The same day I found the bomb, a US Marshall told me that the Government was not going to provide me any protection. This was the official word!!! At that point, the Government supposedly didn’t know who had put the bomb on my car; because, supposedly, Larry Fairfax had not come forward with that information yet. But, all the same, I was being denied protection.

At that time, I told the Government that I was worried about this bomb coming from some hate group because my family has had numerous death threats over the years. The FBI knew about these threats and ignored them even though the calls were traced back to the phone lines of the ADL (Anti-Defamation League). Now this same Government that refused to protect me is going to give Larry Fairfax, who attempted to murder me, a soft plea deal of an 18 month sentence. The Government also refuses to arrest or charge the Fairfax accomplices with their crimes. Since I am the victim of an attempted murder by Fairfax and his gang, I want to know what will it take to get the Government to do its job?

Donations of any size for the defense of Mr. Steele are greatly appreciated and are still being accepted by the Edgar Steele Defense Fund. More information can be obtained at www.free-edgar-steele.com, or checks and money orders can be mailed to the Edgar Steele Defense Fund at P.O. 1255, Sagle, Idaho 83860. For further information call Robert Magnuson at 509-290-7466.

Old February 26th, 2011 #1375
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Change of Venue Motion Denied

http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/...cc4c002e0.html

Judge rejects venue change request

Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:00 am | Updated: 11:45 pm, Fri Feb 25, 2011.

By TOM HASSLINGER Hagadone News Network

COEUR d’ALENE — A federal judge denied a request to move a murder-for-hire trial from Idaho. Chief U.S. District Judge Lynn Winmill said there is no way to know to what degree prospective jurors have been influenced by media coverage pertaining to the case against Edgar Steele.

Steele, 65, is charged with hiring a hitman-turned-FBI informant to kill his wife, Cyndi Steele. Steele’s lawyers this week requested the trial be shifted to Wyoming to better select potential jurors unfamiliar with the case.

The judge’s ruling on Friday said there isn’t sufficient evidence that potential jurors will be biased, and called the allegations against jail staff for releasing tape recordings and other evidence to the media speculative. “There is also no indication that listening to the recordings or reading these articles have prejudiced prospective jurors,” the motion states. “Defendant does not reference any specific articles which are particularly negative or inflammatory.” The defendant may raise the issue of pretrial prejudice during or after voir dire jury selection. If the court determines that an impartial jury cannot be selected in North Idaho, the trial will be moved to Pocatello or Boise, the judge ruled.

Old February 28th, 2011 #1376
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default More on Change of Venue Denial

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-steele-trial/

February 25, 2011 in Idaho

Judge denies change-of-venue request for Steele trial
Meghann M. Cuniff The Spokesman-Review

A federal judge in Idaho has denied a request by defense lawyers to move a murder-for-hire trial to Wyoming.

While Edgar Steele’s case has received media attention, lawyers Robert McAllister and Gary Amendola have not shown that the area is “saturated” with prejudicial publicity about the alleged crimes, U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill ruled today.

If the court decides during voir dire that finding an impartial jury in North Idaho is impossible, the trial will be moved to Pocatello or Boise, Winmill said.
Winmill said Steele did not provide basis for moving the trial beyond references to news organizations that have covered the case and “broad and speculative” allegations against staff at the Spokane County Jail, where Steele is in custody.

McAllister and Amendola, asking for the trial to be moved to Cheyenne, Wyo., said the release of recordings of Steele’s phone calls to his wife and son, which are the basis for a witness tampering charge against Steele, was assisted by the U.S. government or Spokane County Jail officials. The phone calls were actually made from the Kootenai County Jail.

The Spokesman-Review obtained the recordings after they were played in open court at Steele’s bail hearing last June. Winmill said there is no way to determine whether jurors have listened to the tapes. “There is also no indication that listening to the recordings or reading these articles have prejudiced prospective jurors,” Winmill wrote. “Defendant does not reference any specific articles which are particularly negative or inflammatory.”

Federal prosecutors objected to the request and said that “mere publicity is no basis on which to grant change of venue.” Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan called a venue change in a federal case “unusual” and noted that while one was granted in the Oklahoma City bombing case, a change of venue request regarding the 1993 World Trade Center bombing case was denied.

Steele, a self-described “attorney for the damned” who defended the Aryan Nations, is accused of hiring a hitman turned FBI informant to kill his wife, Cyndi Steele. Prosecutors say he was involved with another woman overseas. In a prepared statement, Cyndi Steele says she knew of the woman, who she says was contacted by her husband as part of his ongoing legal work to stop human trafficking.

The trial is set to begin March 7.

Old February 28th, 2011 #1377
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry More on Ukrainian Girlfriend

As I have said before, if Steele wrote ANY Ukrainian woman from jail for ANY reason, he was crazy as a shit house rat. The prosecution claims to have more than one such letter.

Steele's only hope is an entrapment defense and his lawyers seem to be going for an insanity defense. If they succeed, he will be locked up in a mental institution for the rest of his life. Federal prison is far better place because he has a chance of appeal and a new trial from there. If he is acquitted in a second trial, he can sue the government for tens of millions of dollars.

Prosecutors clearly and fairly won the argument against his release if he is crazy.

Cyndi is to be given full credit for standing behind her man. We can only wish that her husband's new lawyers were in her class.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-relationship/

A North Idaho lawyer accused of hiring a hit man to kill his wife was involved with another woman who received a letter from him after his arrest, federal prosecutors allege.

Edgar J. Steele, 65, wanted his wife murdered because he “had been establishing a relationship with a young woman who lives outside of the United States,” according to documents filed this week in U.S. District Court in Coeur d’Alene.

Ukrainian officials interviewed the woman and say she provided them with a letter she received from Steele after his arrest last June. Prosecutors say they plan to show jurors other letters and evidence outlining steps Steele took to meet the woman.

The new information regarding Steele’s alleged motive in the murder-for-hire plot was included in documents filed by prosecutors seeking to keep Steele in custody without bail pending his trial next month.

Steele’s new private attorneys, Gary Amendola, of Coeur d’Alene, and Robert McAllister, of Denver, asked U.S. Magistrate Candy Dale to allow Steele’s wife and alleged victim, Cyndi Steele, to testify Wednesday regarding her willingness to put up her property in exchange for her husband’s release.

But Dale refused and questioned their claim that her decision to keep Steele in jail last June was based on “foundation-less, hearsay-filled evidence.”

“I think if you had taken the time to listen to the detention hearing … that you would not have even submitted this motion to the court,” Dale told McAllister. “There has not been a single change in circumstances.”

Dale said there was no legal basis for reopening Steele’s detention hearing, which took place June 22, so the motion for $1 million property-backed bond never was considered.

Steele, a self-described “lawyer for the damned” who defended the Aryan Nations, remains at the Spokane County Jail. He faces four federal felony charges alleging he hired a hit man-turned-FBI-informant, Larry Fairfax, who rigged a pipe bomb to Cyndi Steele’s SUV. Fairfax has pleaded guilty to federal weapons charges for the device and is to be sentenced after Steele’s trial.

Steele faces an additional charge of tampering with a victim for a phone call he made to his wife after his arrest. His lawyers filed a request Thursday for him to be tried separately on that charge.

Amendola and McAllister said in court documents filed Feb. 7 they intend to “introduce expert evidence relating to a mental disease or defect bearing on (Steele’s) guilt.” Neither lawyer could be reached for comment Thursday.

Prosecutors cited the mental defect defense in documents arguing against Steele’s release. Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan said in court documents that she doesn’t know what defect or disease Steele may suffer but said the claim was “concerning” if Steele leaves jail. “If the defendant could not control his actions and that is why he hired a hit man, what is to stop that from happening again?”

McAllister emphasized that Cyndi Steele supports her husband and doesn’t believe the allegations against him. He said he plans to appeal Dale’s decision to detain Steele without bail.

Old February 28th, 2011 #1378
John Liberty

Quote:
As I have said before, if Steele wrote ANY Ukrainian woman from jail for ANY reason, he was crazy as a shit house rat. The prosecution claims to have more than one such letter.
I really trust the prosecution to give Ed a fair trial, anyone who who believes a word of their fabricated story is "Bat Shit Crazy" (and an enemy of the WN).

Quote:
A North Idaho lawyer accused of hiring a hit man to kill his wife was involved with another woman who received a letter from him after his arrest, federal prosecutors allege.

Edgar J. Steele, 65, wanted his wife murdered because he “had been establishing a relationship with a young woman who lives outside of the United States,” according to documents filed this week in U.S. District Court in Coeur d’Alene.

Ukrainian officials interviewed the woman and say she provided them with a letter she received from Steele after his arrest last June. Prosecutors say they plan to show jurors other letters and evidence outlining steps Steele took to meet the woman.
Sounds like desperation to me, so the feds are pulling out all the stops and throwing everything at Steele but the kitchen sink. It is more likely that the "love letters" came from the same place as the Fairfax secret "death wish" recordings, your friendly ADL feds.

Old March 1st, 2011 #1379
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Poker Game Stakes Raised

The Feds have bungled their case repeatedly but I think that they are holding aces. Steele's own attorney's have admitted that he is crazy for all practical purposes. Fairfax figured that out and then baited and entrapped Steele . Steele's attorneys are leading him down the road to ruin.

Old March 1st, 2011 #1380
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default This probably isn't news to anyone here...

But an unusual momma's boy who's path I crossed in Arkansas brought over a mail order bride of sorts from Russia. He'd stayed in a hotel there and interviewed quite a few during a stay for exactly that purpose. I believe he ran his own newspaper ad prior to the trip. He owned a relatively successful small business franchise and a little tourist trap stateside with his mother with whom he lived.

Short version: He brought back a pretty gal who married him, got Citizenship thereby, worked in the family businesses for a year, and then flew the mother hen's coop. Given what I observed, I don't blame young woman for leaving regardless of her stated reasons but this appears to be the modus operandi for free agents seeking only American Citizenship.

If I recall correctly, Ed Steele indicated he was going to crack the organized racket around something like that behavior and that it was going to be big. I'd be concerned that a gal who turned state's evidence, so to speak, might be working with a cartel of professionals. A lot of things are illegal in Russia that are not illegal here like the possession of a subminiature video camera if one is not a police officer that might leave a young woman vulnerable to the government. Or she might be afraid of her handlers. Who knows. But Steele's writing subsequent to his hospitalization seemed lucid enough to me.

Last edited by -JC; March 2nd, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread