Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 8th, 2012 #1
john-connor
Banned

Default Muslims coffin dodging

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/bu...rick-1-4449203 FORMER mayor Jim Long has come out against plans to create an exclusive space in the city’s graveyards for ‘uncoffined’ burials, common in the Muslim faith.

He believes creating a separate space in cemeteries for uncoffined burials is “futile” because many people not of the Muslim faith may see it as a cheap way to bury relatives.

The government plans to introduce legislation to allow straight-into-the-ground burials in some circumstances.

But the regulations will not discriminate on faith grounds, leading to problems, Cllr Long fears.

During a discussion at this week’s environmental committee meeting, he was supported by fellow Fine Gael councillor Cormac Hurley, and a number of other members.

Cllr Long, who insisted his remarks were not made with reference to the Muslim faith, said the Irish underground system is not appropriate for uncoffined burials.

“This new directive is not about Muslims. It is about a minority of people who desire and wish to bury their loved ones without coffins. I am opposed to that in principle.

It is futile to put a small area of a cemetery for uncoffined burials because what will happen is, for example, I might have lost a member of a family, and I cannot pay for a coffin because it is too expensive. So I will be able to ask for a loved one to be buried without a coffin,” he explained.

Having just returned from a trade mission, Cllr Long added: “If I died in China, I would be popped into an oven, popped into a jar, then put in the post back home. My family would not be able to say to anyone out there they wanted me buried in a designated place.”

Supporting, Cllr Hurley said: “When in Rome, do as the Romans. We have a tradition in Ireland that those who are deceased are either cremated or put into a coffin.”

He declared it “unchristian to dump a body in the ground” without a coffin.

“If you go to a Muslim country, would they facilitate the burial of a Christian,” he asked.

However, Sean Griffin, who sits on the committee, said other traditions must be respected.

Chairman, Cllr John Gilligan illustrated this by saying: “If we suggested to Muslims when someone dies, we spend two days drinking they would be horrified.”

Following a lengthy debate, it was agreed more discussion will take place on the matter at next month’s full council meeting.

Old November 14th, 2012 #3
john-connor
Banned

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php...news&Itemid=60 A PROPOSAL to allow bodies to be buried without coffins to facilitate members of the Muslim faith sparked a lively debate at this month's Environment Special Policy Committee meeting. The current law dating from 1888 states that human remains must be "enclosed in a coffin of wood or other sufficiently strong material" to be interred in any burial ground. The Department of the Environment has proposed that uncoffined burials should be permitted in a designated area "unless a direction has been issued not to do so by the relevant sanitary authority or medical officer of health".
A statement from the department noted that "Muslims are normally buried without a coffin if permitted by local law".
Fine Gael Councillor Jim Long disagreed with the proposal, stating that it would "do away with the dignity of burial"; he also noted that "our forefathers decided that we bury our dead in coffins".
Cllr Long also expressed concern that the area designated for uncoffined burials "could fill up in a very short time” as the option for such burials would be open to all.
He suggested that “in this present day of economic depression” families may chose to bury deceased relatives without a coffin to save on funeral costs.
Fianna Fail Councillor Kieran O'Hanlon said he had no problem with the proposal, provided that it was not in breach of regulations.
However, Fine Gael Councillor Cormac Hurley commented that Ireland should stick with its existing traditions and added: "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
Environment SPC member Sean Griffin stated: “Change is painful for people who have a method of doing something all their lives. But we’ve got to respect everyone else. We should be able to cater for the dead of all types of people."
Mayor Gerry McLoughlin stated that the issue should be debated further and said: “This is a big issue. Where are we going to end up with this? This is a Christian country.”
The proposal was referred to the City Council meeting later this month.

Old July 9th, 2014 #5
john-connor
Banned

Default Meanwhile, down at the Union Hall

http://irishsavant.blogspot.ie/2012/...nion-hall.html Meanwhile, down at the Union Hall
The pic here is of a small remote village in west Cork called Union Hall (I'd say the name derives from the Union of the British Isles rather than the trade union kind). Its population (including the immediate surrounding area) is less than 200. Now its remoteness, size and difficulty of access would, you’d imagine, have rendered it safe from the joys of diversity.

Sadly, no. It emerged in the wake of a tragic boating accident recently that Union Hall has its own thriving ‘Egyptian community’ numbering about 25 individuals. WTF??? Nearly 15% of the population is Egyptian? Who’d have expected a little Dar Al Islam in that little corner of our world? And how many enrichers from other countries are roosting there? All reproducing at a rate three times that of the locals. What will that charming little hamlet look like twenty years from now?

Walking through Cork city yesterday I was stunned by the number of ‘visible minorities’. A large proportion of the men had Irish mudsharks on their arms. As I said here, the population replacement project in Ireland is going like an express train, helped mightily by the decision of Alan Shatter , “our” (sic) Minister for Justice (sic) to fast-track citizenship for 600 applicants who had ‘waited long enough’.

Old July 9th, 2014 #6
john-connor
Banned

Hallelulia - Ireland becomes ever more diverse!
I see in today’s Irish Times (print edition) that this country has one of the highest fertility rates in Europe, up slightly on previous years. At 2.07 per woman, it’s still slightly below replacement levels. This is surprising though, in that dire economic conditions usually lead to reduced fertility levels. And we know that an average of 1,000 young Irish people are leaving every week to escape unemployment here, now at a rate of 14%.

What could the explanation be? Well, a closer look at the figures tells us that 75% of the births are to Irish nationals. That, of course, is the MSM’s way of not telling us that 25% of the births are to non-Irish nationals.

Does that mean that non-Irish make up 25% of the overall population? Well, of course not.
Well, not yet.
According to Nationmaster that figure is only 3.3%. Now these are official figures, which, as anyone who lives in or walks the streets of Ireland will testify, can safely be discounted. Let’s work on a more realistic figure of say 10%. A simple calculation then shows us that such foreigners are breeding at a rate nearly three times that of the native Irish - eight times higher if you take the official statistics from Nationmaster.

Isn't that amazing? What could be behind it? Let’s return to the Irish Slimes and a recent slobbering puff piece on Muslims in Ireland. Quivering with excitement, it gushes “Muslim population has grown tenfold in 20 years and is still expanding”. Grown tenfold in 20 years. and still expanding.

Any connection, I wonder?

Then we have tens if not hundreds of thousands of Africans roosting here, enriching our culture – and themselves - in the process. Are they forming part of the thousand-strong weekly emigration procession I referred to? I don't think so. Why should they? Free housing (I recommend you check my post here), schooling, healthcare and generous financial rewards for cranking out sprogs. And have you ever seen a black woman here who isn't surrounded by a swarm of offspring? And never a ‘father’ in sight, needless to say.

You don't need a calculator to work out what’s happening. A quarter of our births are to foreigners. And they’re breeding at a rate at least three times faster than ours. Meanwhile 50,000 young Irish – the fertile cohort - are emigrating every year.

There's actually an expression for this kind of thing. What is it again?

Oh yes, I remember now. It’s called Population Replacement.

Old July 9th, 2014 #7
cillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-connor View Post
http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/bu...rick-1-4449203 FORMER mayor Jim Long has come out against plans to create an exclusive space in the city’s graveyards for ‘uncoffined’ burials, common in the Muslim faith.

He believes creating a separate space in cemeteries for uncoffined burials is “futile” because many people not of the Muslim faith may see it as a cheap way to bury relatives.

The government plans to introduce legislation to allow straight-into-the-ground burials in some circumstances.

But the regulations will not discriminate on faith grounds, leading to problems, Cllr Long fears.

During a discussion at this week’s environmental committee meeting, he was supported by fellow Fine Gael councillor Cormac Hurley, and a number of other members.

Cllr Long, who insisted his remarks were not made with reference to the Muslim faith, said the Irish underground system is not appropriate for uncoffined burials.

“This new directive is not about Muslims. It is about a minority of people who desire and wish to bury their loved ones without coffins. I am opposed to that in principle.

It is futile to put a small area of a cemetery for uncoffined burials because what will happen is, for example, I might have lost a member of a family, and I cannot pay for a coffin because it is too expensive. So I will be able to ask for a loved one to be buried without a coffin,” he explained.

Having just returned from a trade mission, Cllr Long added: “If I died in China, I would be popped into an oven, popped into a jar, then put in the post back home. My family would not be able to say to anyone out there they wanted me buried in a designated place.”

Supporting, Cllr Hurley said: “When in Rome, do as the Romans. We have a tradition in Ireland that those who are deceased are either cremated or put into a coffin.”

He declared it “unchristian to dump a body in the ground” without a coffin.

“If you go to a Muslim country, would they facilitate the burial of a Christian,” he asked.

However, Sean Griffin, who sits on the committee, said other traditions must be respected.

Chairman, Cllr John Gilligan illustrated this by saying: “If we suggested to Muslims when someone dies, we spend two days drinking they would be horrified.”

Following a lengthy debate, it was agreed more discussion will take place on the matter at next month’s full council meeting.
Bring back the trap coffin.

Thread