VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 3rd, 2019 #1
Ironguard1940

Ironguard1940
Default Happy Birthday Jefferson Finis Davis

Jefferson Finis Davis

Born June 3, 1808 in Fairview, Kentucky

Served in the US House of Representatives and US Senate representing Mississippi

Served as Secretary of War under President Franklin Pierce

Served as President of the Confederate States of America during the War Between the States

Died on December 6, 1889 in New Orleans, Louisiana

Buried in Hollywood Cemetery, Richmond, Virginia

His grave is about ten minutes from my home and mere blocks from my current workplace. I wish I had had time to go by there after work today.

Old June 3rd, 2019 #2
Erik T. White

Erik T. White

Of course the left wing nigger lovers hate him:

Quote:
Alabama is the last state to have a legal holiday set aside solely to commemorate the birth of Davis. Mississippi marks Davis’ birthday but includes it in the Memorial Day celebration. In Texas, Davis’ birthday is part of “Confederate Heroes Day” while other Southern states, including Florida, Kentucky and Tennessee, have a holiday for Davis on the books but do not give employees a day off.
That’s right: Even Davis’s home state of Mississippi, which he represented in Congress and where he died in 1889, no longer shuts down state government to honor the arch-traitor. But Alabama does.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...n-alabama.html

Probably written by a nigger since it got the place of death of Jefferson Davis
WRONG!!!

Former President of the Confederacy Jefferson Davis died in New Orleans. I guess the virion doesn't know the difference between states. It probably believes the now deposed Bareback Insane Govomit that there are really 57 states.

Old June 3rd, 2019 #3
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Mike in Denver

I went to Texas A & M University. I was in the Core of Cadets, and we were obliged to memorize a lot. One was this:

"Lawrence Sullivan Ross, 1838-1898, Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman; Brigadier General Confederate States of America., Governor of Texas, President of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas."

I think there was a little more at the end, but I started at A & M in 1963. I'd be doing pushups now if there was an upper classman to correct me.

Fish Mike (freshmen were called fish.)

And on point, I vaguely remember something we had to memorize about Jefferson Davis and Texas A & M. Dammit my 74 year old memory is fading...sad.

Found it...I knew this and we freshmen (fish) had to memorize this:

"A&M's Board of Directors, headed by Gov. Richard Coke, wanted former Confederate president Jefferson Davis to be president of the land-grant school. Davis declined and recommended Gathright, who was superintendent of public education in Mississippi."

Last edited by Mike in Denver; June 3rd, 2019 at 08:39 PM.

Old June 8th, 2019 #4
T.Garrett

T.Garrett
Thumbs up Jeff Davis

Happy belated 211th birthday to the last true American President, Jefferson Finis Davis.

And no, we don't believe the lies about you trying to avoid arrest at the end of the war dressed as a woman ...

Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres; unam partem incolunt Belgae ...

Thread