VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1521
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Jew Thinks Steele's Wife is Nice Lady

Cyndi's lawyer Wesley Hoyt has repeatedly made a good point. Why isn't the Jew James Maher sharing a cell with the scumbag Fairfax? He wasn't even charged . This is another Negro in the prosecution's woodpile .

This is the first mention of Steele supposedly using match.com which is hardly a Ukrainian dating website. Miller's wife had the most brains of this entire bunch when she told him not to sign up for a Ukrainian girlfriend to help Steele out.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sirens/

Old friend of Steele’s describes shock
Posted by Meghann
May 2, 2011 11:33 a.m.

A longtime friend of Edgar Steele told jurors that he was “shocked” when he learned of Steele's arrest and never saw Steele threaten or harm anyone in the more than 40 years he's known him. Jeff Miller, a partner with George's Cyclotron Inc., who also works with Hendry Ranch Wines in Napa Valley, Calif., said he met Steele through a mutual friend in the late 1960s or early 1970s in the San Francisco area.

Their families socialized, and Steele's children still refer to Miller as “Uncle Jeff,” he told jurors. Miller said he met Cyndi Steele a year or two before she married Edgar, and that he's never known Steele to threaten or harm his wife or children. “Ed is a very strict parent, as am I. So sometimes you come down on the kids. But that's our job,” Miller said.

He said he learned of Steele's arrest when Steele's son, Rex, called him. “It was quite a shock,” Miller said. Miller said he didn't know of the Steeles' divorce petition in 2000 until Sunday night.

Under cross examination by prosecutors, Miller acknowledged that he didn't know of the Steeles' marriage problems and that Edgar Steele never confided to him that he was looking for women on Match.com. Miller said Steele once tried to enlist his help with research into the Russian bride scam. He said Steele called and asked him to go to a website and find a particular person, and that it would cost him “a couple hundred dollars.” But Miller's wife told him it wasn't a good idea. “I called him back that same day and told him my wife wouldn't let me do it,” Miller said.

Also testifying this morning was a Sagle, Idaho, man who traveled with Fairfax to check on a pipe bomb attached to Cyndi Steele's SUV.

James Maher, Fairfax's cousin, told jurors today that he spent about 10 seconds trying to see if the device was still there. Maher said he couldn't get under the 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor because neighbors near the Oregon City, Ore., home of Steele's mother-in-law were watching. Maher said he wanted to see if the pipe bomb was gone “because I thought Cyndi Steele was a really nice lady.”

Maher admitted that Fairfax once said something about appearing on the Oprah Winfrey show. “That was like an over-the-top thing,” Maher said. “But yeah, I thought it might work out for him; I don't know.” But, Maher added, “there was no braggery involved.” He said Fairfax said he couldn't check himself because Cyndi Steele might see him. “Then the jig would be up,” Maher said.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1522
Hell Raising Woman
Jews are not superior

Location: USA - House of Babylonia where greed, immigration and homosexuality flourishes and the jews love it.

[QUOTE=Donald E. Pauly;1268224]While Fairfax looks white, his cousin is the Jew Jim Maher who is in turn the brother of the Jew Bill Maher of the TV show Politically Incorrect. This relationship has not been explained fully. I have no doubt that the Jews smelled blood and were heavily involved here. That does not mean that Steele was not at fault for providing them with a perfect opportunity.[/QUOTE]

Your last sentence makes it appear as if Steele was at fault for something and is contradictory with some of your other posts. I don't agree that Steele was guilty of anything. I believe he is a victim of circumstance as far as his health and his judgment in hiring this Fairfax character. "Could he" or "should have" are just supposes indicating that he was smart enough to prevent. Maybe, but no matter how smart you are noone is able to control everything in your life when something goes wrong. This doesn't mean he was out of his mind either and did strange things. This part we don't know, but what we do know about how the jews operate is clear.

Jews -- tall, tall, tall, tales they tell. Famous fairytale storytellers of the Holocaust.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1523
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Interesting Comment by Unknown Reader

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/siren...s-other-women/

BitinDawg on April 30 at 1:12 p.m.

They, the prosecution and the police are putting together a convincing case, they almost have me convinced. I certainly cannot defend the judgement of Edgar Steele. Sending the Attorney General, a black man, a racist book is beyond the pale of good judgement.

Too, on his website, Conspiracypenpal.com his nickel rants yank ZOG’s tail mercilessly. There is more than enough motive for Government to go after this man.

But, I cannot forget that on that first phone call from jail I heard him spontaneously say, Quote: I never dreamed that they would come after me this way. End quote. Note: That was not on the last iteration of that phone call that I listened to.

Also, all of the thinking and response that I heard from Edgar on those phone calls was consistent, not with a man that had been caught in the act of having his wife offed, but was consistent with a paranoid view of government and the legal system.

But that sh–ing his pants was a colorful and convincing touch.

Our system of jurisprudence is not one that seeks to ascertain the truth, but is rather an adversarial one. And it’s functionaries are quite professionally competent, if not always honest and incorruptible.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1524
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Correction was Appropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Raising Woman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
While Fairfax looks white, his cousin is the Jew Jim Maher who is in turn the brother of the Jew Bill Maher of the TV show Politically Incorrect. This relationship has not been explained fully. I have no doubt that the Jews smelled blood and were heavily involved here. That does not mean that Steele was not at fault for providing them with a perfect opportunity.

Your last sentence makes it appear as if Steele was at fault for something and is contradictory with some of your other posts. I don't agree that Steele was guilty of anything. I believe he is a victim of circumstance as far as his health and his judgment in hiring this Fairfax character. "Could he" or "should have" are just supposes indicating that he was smart enough to prevent. Maybe, but no matter how smart you are noone is able to control everything in your life when something goes wrong. This doesn't mean he was out of his mind either and did strange things. This part we don't know, but what we do know about how the jews operate is clear.
I stand corrected.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1525
Alex Linder
Administrator

Notice there isn't an inch of distance between the "free and independent" press and the prosecution. Might call it the pressecution. The lawyers rest in the courtroom, only to have the liars pick up in the media. The claim he shit himself is thrown in there purely to make him look bad. You notice how the sketch artist liar deliberately made him look like the Creature from the Black Lagoon. These are ways to defame and degrade an innocent man in the eyes of the malleable majority.

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 2nd, 2011 at 09:44 PM.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1526
Alex Linder
Administrator

Here's what the man really looks like.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1527
John Liberty

Quote:
Your last sentence makes it appear as if Steele was at fault for something and is contradictory with some of your other posts. I don't agree that Steele was guilty of anything. I believe he is a victim of circumstance as far as his health and his judgment in hiring this Fairfax character. "Could he" or "should have" are just supposes indicating that he was smart enough to prevent. Maybe, but no matter how smart you are noone is able to control everything in your life when something goes wrong. This doesn't mean he was out of his mind either and did strange things. This part we don't know, but what we do know about how the jews operate is clear. Hell Raising Woman
He's been doing that through the whole thread.

Here is a small side note from the SR reporter covering the story in Boise, she cannot possibly believe that the government would ever lie. (This is 90 percent of the population) I guess this is a required belief if you want to be reporter now days.

Quote:
From Meghann Cuniff via Twitter: “A few of Edgar Steele's supporters were telling me during the trial break that Osama bin Laden has actually been dead for nine years.”

Question: Are you amazed as I am that people — of course, these are Edgar Steele supporters — are willing to believe something like this?
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/hbo/2...-9-years-cmon/

Last edited by John Liberty; May 2nd, 2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: link

Old May 3rd, 2011 #1528
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Supposed Audio Expert to Testify

It seems to me that this will just convince the jury that that defense is playing lawyerly games and not addressing the real issues of what Steele actually did. All this is doing is burying him deeper in quicksand. If he is innocent, Steele should take the stand and refute all of this damning evidence against him. Turn the poor guy loose and let his wife have him.
========

Sirens & Gavels
Defense expert to refute Steele recording
Posted by Meghann
May 2, 2011 7:20 p.m.

In what defense lawyer Robert McAllister said was “great news,” a man hired by the defense to refute the authenticity of the FBI recordings in the Edgar Steele case will be allowed to testify.

McAllister requested Monday that George Papcun be allowed to testify. Judge B. Lynn Winmill agreed, and defense lawyers are working to arrange a time. Papcun could testify via video, similar to the taped deposition by Steele's alleged love interest, 25-year-old Tatyana Loginova of Ukraine.

Papcun said he wouldn’t use the term “suspicious” to describe anomalies in the recording because a variety of factors could have caused the glitches he observed.

Winmill ruled today that testimony provided by Cyndi Steele and her daughter, Kelsey Steele, opened the door for testimony from Papcun about whether the recordings have been altered by the federal government.

Prosecutors are expected to present witnesses to rebut Papcuns testimony. The case could be with the jury as early as late tomorrow or early Wednesday.

Old May 3rd, 2011 #1529
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Creature from the Black Lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Notice there isn't an inch of distance between the "free and independent" press and the prosecution. Might call it the pressecution. The lawyers rest in the courtroom, only to have the liars pick up in the media. The claim he shit himself is thrown in there purely to make him look bad. You notice how the sketch artist liar deliberately made him look like the Creature from the Black Lagoon. These are ways to defame and degrade an innocent man in the eyes of the malleable majority.

I hate to rise in support of the Judenpresse, but you can't expect to find a Michaelangelo in Northern Idaho. They were lucky to find an artist who was able to do this well. The drawing of the prosecutor was no better.

Old May 3rd, 2011 #1530
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Sauce for the Goose is Sauce for the Gander

The scumbag Fairfax will come to regret that he didn't know The Five Words. It was about time for Steele's lawyers to make a home run. If Steele is acquitted, Fairfax is toast.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/siren...jail-writings/

Judge reviewing Fairfax’s jail writings
Posted by Meghann
May 3, 2011 8:24 a.m. • 0 comments

A federal judge is reviewing Larry Fairfax's handwritten notes to determine if defense lawyers in Edgar Steele's murder-for-hire case are entitled to the material. Judge B. Lynn Winmill said this morning that he erred when he ordered prosecutors to obtain the 238 pages of notes last week.
Prosecutors had objected to Winmill's request, saying they are not evidence under federal case law. Winmill now says he made a mistake.

But because Winmill forced prosecutors to obtain the notes, Steele's lawyer, Robert McAllister, argued they needed to be provided to the defense. Winmill said today that he'll review the notes and give the defense relevant material. He said “relevant” will be defined broadly. Court is on an extended break while Winmill looks at the notes.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan agreed that because the material was now with the prosecution because of Winmill's order, the notes were subject to review. “It's not something I want to see, but it's not something we can undo,” she said.

Whelan said the notes contain Fairfax's thoughts on the case, his lawyer, his love for his wife and children, his concerns about how they'll survive financially and other personal matters. Fairfax's lawyer, John Miller, emphasized that no one has been subpoenaed for the material. He said the defense mentioning the book in court without having even seen it as part of a tactic.

Miller said the notes are “really almost a diary.” “It's his daily rantings and ravings from the time he was arrested,” Miller said. He said the notes contain private thoughts, including prayers and opinions on Miller, Whelan and other court officials. “It should not have been reviewed by anyone,” Miller said.

McAllister said he didn't subpoena the notes before trial because he didn't know they existed until Fairfax referenced them in cross examination last week. “It's ironic that the government is using the writings of my client while in jail while attempting to convict him, then refusing to provide to me the writings of the main witness,” McAllister said.

McAllister said Fairfax's notes about the case could be crucial to Steele's defense. “I can't think of better material for impeachment than that,” he said.

Old May 3rd, 2011 #1531
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Supposed Audio Expert on Vacation in Bora Bora

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/siren...e-still-could/

Sirens & Gavels
Expert may not testify; Steele still could
Posted by Meghann
May 3, 2011 8:58 a.m.

A defense expert who says he found anomalies in FBI recordings of murder-for-hire suspect Edgar Steele will not be able to testify remotely from his tropical vacation, a judge ruled this morning. Defense lawyers did not subpoena George Papcun, who is vacationing in Bora Bora with his wife and unable to testify in person.

They requested a two-day extension to give them time to get Papcun to Boise, but U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill declined. “This is a problem that the defense is making, not the courts,” Winmill said. He cited the phrase “procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.”

The jury was sent home until 8:30 a.m. tomorrow; Winmill said there's a chance Papcun could fly to Boise overnight and testify then. The case could go to the jury Thursday morning, Winmill said. “Certainly we'll have it presented to you before the end of the week,” Winmill told jurors.

Papcun could be the last defense witness; defense lawyer Robert McAllister said Edgar Steele has not yet decided if he will testify. “If he does make that decision, I would like him to be the last witness in our case,” McAllister said.

Old May 3rd, 2011 #1532
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Steele's Attorneys Get Fairfax's Jail Notes

My money says that this is a major gain for the defense. Fairfax will be exposed as an even worse scumbag.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-go-jury-week/

May 3, 2011 in Idaho
Edgar Steele murder-for-hire trial wrapping up
Meghann M. Cuniff The Spokesman-Review

Lawyers in the Edgar Steele murder-for-hire trial could give closing arguments as early as Wednesday.

Defense lawyers are trying to secure the appearance of an audio expert to question the authenticity of FBI recordings in which Steele discusses with handyman Larry Fairfax the plan to kill his wife, Cyndi Steele.

U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill said the case likely will be with the jury by Thursday morning.

“Certainly we’ll have it presented to you before the end of the week,” Winmill told jurors.

Court is adjourned for today.

Cyndi Steele has told jurors she believes her husband is innocent. She and his other supporters say he is being framed by the federal government and that the recordings played for jurors were manufactured or heavily edited.

Prosecutors say the 65-year-old lawyer, who represented the Aryan Nations in a 2000 lawsuit, hired Fairfax to kill his wife and mother-in-law because he was pursuing a 25-year-old Ukrainian woman he met online. Supporters say the communication was simply part of Steele’s research into the Russian mail order bride scam.

Defense lawyers pushed for audio expert George Papcun to testify, but he is vacationing in Bora Bora with his wife and unable to be in Boise today.

U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill declined to allow Papcun to testify via video, and he also rejected a two-day extension request from defense lawyers Robert McAllister and Gary Amendola to give them time to get Papcun to Boise.

“This is a problem that the defense is making, not the courts,” Winmill said. He cited the phrase “procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.”

Papcun could be the last defense witness; McAllister said Edgar Steele has not yet decided if he will testify.

“If he does make that decision, I would like him to be the last witness in our case,” McAllister said.

McAllister is expected to recall Fairfax to question him about notes he wrote in jail.

Winmill ordered prosecutors to obtain the notes last week after Fairfax referenced them in testimony, but the judge has since said that was a mistake because the notes don’t qualify as evidence under federal case law. But because prosecutors now have access, Winmill reviewed the material today and gave notes relevant to the case to Steele’s defense lawyers.

Lawyers in the Edgar Steele murder-for-hire trial could give closing arguments as early as Wednesday.

Defense lawyers are trying to secure the appearance of an audio expert to question the authenticity of FBI recordings in which Steele discusses with handyman Larry Fairfax the plan to kill his wife, Cyndi Steele.

U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill said the case likely will be with the jury by Thursday morning.

“Certainly we’ll have it presented to you before the end of the week,” Winmill told jurors.

Court is adjourned for today.

Cyndi Steele has told jurors she believes her husband is innocent. She and his other supporters say he is being framed by the federal government and that the recordings played for jurors were manufactured or heavily edited.

Prosecutors say the 65-year-old lawyer, who represented the Aryan Nations in a 2000 lawsuit, hired Fairfax to kill his wife and mother-in-law because he was pursuing a 25-year-old Ukrainian woman he met online. Supporters say the communication was simply part of Steele’s research into the Russian mail order bride scam.

Defense lawyers pushed for audio expert George Papcun to testify, but he is vacationing in Bora Bora with his wife and unable to be in Boise today.

U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill declined to allow Papcun to testify via video, and he also rejected a two-day extension request from defense lawyers Robert McAllister and Gary Amendola to give them time to get Papcun to Boise.

“This is a problem that the defense is making, not the courts,” Winmill said. He cited the phrase “procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.”

Papcun could be the last defense witness; McAllister said Edgar Steele has not yet decided if he will testify.

“If he does make that decision, I would like him to be the last witness in our case,” McAllister said.

McAllister is expected to recall Fairfax to question him about notes he wrote in jail.

Winmill ordered prosecutors to obtain the notes last week after Fairfax referenced them in testimony, but the judge has since said that was a mistake because the notes don’t qualify as evidence under federal case law. But because prosecutors now have access, Winmill reviewed the material today and gave notes relevant to the case to Steele’s defense lawyers.

Old May 3rd, 2011 #1533
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Supposed Ukrainian Girlfriend's Testimony

This is the first full description of the video testimony of the supposed Ukrainian girlfriend. If true, it is highly damaging. It is interesting that Steele had time in jail to bone up on his Russian. Oчень странно! It seems to me that he should have been working on his defense.
========
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...23ddec289.html

Woman: Steele told her he was divorced
Steele's daughter: Not his voice on tapes ordering alleged hit on mom

Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 12:00 am

By DAVID COLE/Staff writer | 1 comment

BOISE - Two young women, one a beautiful blonde Ukrainian, played significant roles on Monday during the murder-for-hire trial of former Richard Butler and Aryan Nations lawyer Edgar J. Steele in federal court in Boise.

Jurors heard from his daughter, 20-year-old Kelsey Steele, of Oregon City, Ore., who also is the daughter of Cyndi Steele, the person prosecutors say Edgar Steele targeted in his alleged murder-for-hire plot. And via a video-recorded deposition, jurors got to hear from the woman prosecutors have said 65-year-old Steele was gushing over in an online courtship, 25-year-old Tatiyana Loganova, of Lugansk, Ukraine.

Kelsey Steele testified that she doesn't believe the audio recordings, gathered secretly by a hitman who turned into a FBI informant against her father, are entirely authentic. "It's just not the way that he talks," Kelsey Steele said.
She also thought some of the background sounds, including a train going by, were suspicious. She didn't recall being able to hear trains from the Steeles' Sagle home. She, along with her mother, supports Steele "100 percent," she told the jury in U.S. District Court.

Kelsey Steele, who works as an assistant manager at a retail clothing shop, said she's heard the recordings several times of her father and his handyman turned alleged hitman Larry Fairfax, 50, discussing the alleged plot on her mother. Fairfax is to be sentenced for a car bomb he attached to Cyndi Steele's SUV, which was discovered June 15 when she was getting an oil change in Coeur d'Alene.

Jurors listened to Loganova as she described establishing communications with Steele in the spring of 2010, after meeting on a dating website.
She said they communicated by Skype and emails until his arrest; then he sent her letters. She doesn't read or speak English, so she needed a translator from a dating agency to assist her.

Kelsey Steele said that she sent her father books on Russian, paid for by supporters of his. Loganova said Steele told her he lives alone and is divorced. In a letter, shown to the jury, Steele tells her he wants to have a permanent home with her in Ukraine. He promised to live in that country most of the year, so she can be close to her family. He also wanted them to spend time in the U.S. with his kids.

He told her, in his letters, that he would provide for them with money from the books he'd write. He said there would be plenty for her to do while he wrote: Make love to him, take care of their kids, and go to school.
She discussed his plan to travel to Ukraine to visit her in August 2010. Steele's defense has said he was only in contact with Loganova and other "Russian brides" for researching a case, and he planned to write a book on the topic.

"Your surprise is a teddy bear that I have named Eddie Bear," Steele wrote in a letter to Loganova. She never got the gift after he was arrested, he wrote, because his "ex-wife" never mailed it as he understood she would.

He wrote that he was arrested on a phony charge. He told her the U.S. government has been gunning for him for a long time because of his outspoken criticism of the government in his writings and public speeches.
"I miss you so much," he wrote to her from jail. "I seem to dream about you every night. I found myself daydreaming about you being near me... It has been nearly 3 weeks since we last saw each other via Skype."

Prosecutors have sought to show through witness testimony and evidence that Steele wanted his wife dead. He was tired of her and believed she might have a boyfriend in Portland, where she had been spending a lot of time taking care of her mother, who was sick. He hoped an auto insurance policy would pay out upon her death, and that he could end up with Loganova, prosecutors have sought to show.

He added in a letter to Loganova that he can't help imagining her "climbing in (bed) beside me and what it would be like to hold you and see your smile up close and kiss me."

Jurors have heard four recordings of Steele. Two are of Steele and Fairfax discussing the alleged plot. The authenticity of two other audio recording has not been disputed. In those, Steele talks with his wife and son while Steele was locked up at the Kootenai County jail.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan said the jurors can make up their own minds on whether it's Edgar Steele speaking to Larry Fairfax at the Steele property on June 9 and 10, comparing those recordings with the jail calls days later.

The government rested its case just after 11 a.m. Monday.
Prosecutors said at the beginning of the day Monday, outside the jury's presence, that they had reviewed Larry Fairfax's writings that he planned to weave into a fictional book. Whelan told the court there was nothing within the 200-plus pages that would constitute exculpatory evidence.

Steele is facing up to possibly the rest of his life in prison if found guilty of the four felony counts against him. His trial resumes today with defense witnesses.

Old May 3rd, 2011 #1534
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Jail House Informant Against Fairfax Testifies for Steele

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...gainst-steele/

May 3, 2011 in City
Daughter questions case against Steele
FBI recordings are inconsistent, she says

Meghann M. Cuniff The Spokesman-Review

The authenticity of secret FBI recordings detailing North Idaho lawyer Edgar Steele’s alleged murder-for-hire plot were challenged Monday by his daughter and by his wife, the would-be victim.

Kelsey Steele, a 20-year-old student at Clackamas Community College in Oregon, said she recognizes her father’s voice on parts of the recordings but not others. “The main thing that I noticed throughout it is it’s just not the way that he talks,” she said.

An audio expert hired by the defense could testify as early as today under a ruling by Judge B. Lynn Winmill on Monday afternoon.

Edgar Steele, who gained notoriety for his defense of the Aryan Nations a decade ago, contends he’s being framed under a government conspiracy to silence him. Prosecutors dismiss the assertion, arguing Steele simply wanted his wife out of the way so he could be with a young mail-order bride he’d been courting through an international dating service.

The prosecution rested its case Monday, and the defense called six witnesses, including Bonner County Jail inmate Daryl Hollingsworth, who said Fairfax said he set up Steele for the FBI. Prosecutors used documents from 40-year-old Hollingsworth’s extensive criminal record, which includes documentation of him calling a black man a racial epithet, to portray him as a racist who agreed to help Steele, a former lawyer for the Aryan Nations, after meeting him in jail.

In a letter to 25-year-old Tatyana Loginova, the Ukrainian woman whom prosecutors say Edgar Steele was pursuing, the 65-year-old lawyer said the case against him was the work of the Anti-Defamation League, which tracks anti-Semites and other hate groups.

Steele wrote that the group helped manufacture a recording of him plotting to kill his wife using a collection of secret recordings by Larry Fairfax and thousands of hours of online audio files.

Steele also suggested in the letter that the case against him began when Fairfax stole $45,000 in silver, though prosecutors have shown jurors that Steele cashed in about that same amount of silver a couple months before his arrest.

“This has been a huge shock to me but not really a surprise; they have been after me for a long time because of my outspoken criticism” of the federal government and U.S. power brokers, Steele wrote Loginova.

Old May 3rd, 2011 #1535
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Defense Incompetence

This is the best example of incompetence on the part of the defense lawyers. They have known for weeks that the testimony of their supposed audio expert was on again/off again. Then they let him fly half way around the world for a vacation in the middle of the trial. Now they whine that they don't have time to bring him back. The prosecution is entitled to cross examine him in person and he should be there in person to show his findings to the jury.

It is actually a blessing because the supposed expert was not prepared to say that the tapes were faked. The jury would have interpreted his nit picking as a typical weaselly lawyer game and it would have done more harm than good. This is Cyndi's take on the matter.
========
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=313#more-313

Cyndi Steele note #2, Boise trial, 5/3/2011
2011 MAY 3
by admin
(Forwarded from Mrs. Steele, 4:30pm Tuesday.)

Well so much for the small light that was brought into my life of hope last night. The government persuaded the judge to change his ruling once again to their benefit. The judge last night said that Dr. George Papcun could testify via telephone conference because he was out of the country. This morning the judge said he could still testify, but only if he was in the courtroom in person and he would have to be in the courtroom by 8:30 am tomorrow morning (May 4, 2011). At approximately 9:30 am court was then recessed for the remainder of the day.

We madly did everything possible to get Dr. George Papcun from Bora Bora to Boise, Idaho by the 8:30 am deadline. The best we could do by flying him via commercial airlines was to get him here tomorrow by 4:20 pm. Ed’s attorney’s asked the court to grant a continuance in order to get Papcun here, but he denied the request. The only option left was via a private jet, which at first it appeared that we could get Dr. George Papcun here by the deadline to the tune of $120,000. Unfortunately the window of time to make such arrangements was not long enough and the opportunity to have the audio expert, Dr. George Papcun, testify has been lost.

It is another sad day, but I can’t totally give up hope and ask that all of you pray for my husband and my family. Just as I pray for those that have been unjustly convicted by the government and pray that no one else has to go through what we have been put through by our government.

Old May 3rd, 2011 #1536
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Cyndi's Report from the Trenches

You have to have some sympathy for Cyndi for what she is going thru. If you can possibly do so, send her some money at the website below. I wish that many of us could show her kind of character in standing by her man.
=======
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=312

Cyndi Steele note, Boise trial, 5/3/2011
2011 MAY 3
by admin

(The FES Admins received this brief comment from Mrs. Steele early today. She cleared her comment for public posting. If there ever was a person to keep in our thoughts and prayers, it is Mrs. Steele, as she and her defense team battle an evil-bent Goliath.)

I apologize for the lack of updates. This has been a very trying time and days have been taken up with trial from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm and then strategizing into the late night. It has left little brain power to forward any updates and sometimes I just needed to take a break. In fact, I am so tired right now and not feeling the greatest this morning that I can hardly think to even write this.

The prosecution is being brutal, but we have been standing strong. The best news is that the judge ruled yesterday that the defense’s audio expert, Dr. George Papcun can testify. I continue to pray that jury can recognize the lies and inconsistencies and bring back the verdict that will bring my husband home. However, I will not rest until then as the prosecution continued to object and object and object doing their best to keep the jury from hearing the truth.

I understand everyone wanting updates, but please understand that all our energy is needed to focus on the trial.

Old May 4th, 2011 #1537
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Fairfax a Budding Author

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...20412abda.html

Fairfax 'book' considered in trial
Alleged hitman's diary style writings could be relevant in Steele case

Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:00 am
By DAVID COLE/Staff writer

BOISE - Larry Fairfax, the 50-year-old handyman turned hitman at the center of the Edgar J. Steele trial in federal court in Boise, has written more than 230 pages of what he testified will ultimately be a work of fiction. However, those who have read it - who could probably be counted on one hand - say he writes about himself and his life since being arrested for entangling himself in an alleged murder-for-hire plot.

To be absolutely sure there's nothing contained within those single-space, handwritten pages that might help Steele's defense in his ongoing trial, U.S. District Court Judge B. Lynn Winmill reviewed the writings Tuesday.
So what's the book all about?

John Miller, Fairfax's defense lawyer, said it records the "daily rantings and ravings" of his client at the time of his arrest and during his time in jail. He said Fairfax, of Sagle, takes some shots at prosecutors, the court, and Miller himself. "Yes, there's some embarrassing material in there," Miller said.
Also included are prayers and entries about Fairfax's wife and family.

Miller said it's mostly privileged material that shouldn't have been seen by prosecutors, the judge and defense lawyers in Steele's case. Winmill ordered prosecutors to obtain the writings, and Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan read through the material over the weekend. She said she didn't find any exculpatory information.

Miller said the writings constitute more of a diary. Fairfax, however, has called it a book and had a fellow inmate craft a book cover. The fellow inmate, a multiple felon and artist, testified about his discussions with Fairfax about the project.

Steele defense attorney Robert McAllister said he wants a copy of the writings so he can represent his client. McAllister said he didn't subpoena Fairfax's work months earlier because he didn't believe Fairfax had written a book. His writings will be filed by the court under seal, Winmill said.

Fairfax still hasn't been sentenced for manufacturing and placing a pipe bomb under Steele's wife's SUV. He has admitted doing as much.

After Winmill finished poring over the writings, he said he planned to turn over parts of it that are relevant to the Steele case to McAllister, of Englewood, Colo., and defense attorney Gary Amendola, of Coeur d'Alene.

If there are sections that are reviewed by the defense, the lawyers might recall Fairfax as a witness. McAllister said Tuesday that Steele also might testify.

Steele, 65, of Sagle, hasn't spoken about the case since he was first arrested and began representing himself as his own attorney. Steele, during his legal career, represented Richard Butler and the Aryan Nations in North Idaho, among other high-profile clients.

While the judge and lawyers pored over Fairfax's work, jurors were sent away for the day without hearing from a single defense witness.
Other than hearing from Fairfax, again, or Steele, the jurors might hear from a defense expert who will talk about the audio recordings Fairfax captured while carrying a hidden device in his pocket. Fairfax became an FBI informant against Steele, his former employer.

That defense expert, George Papcun, must travel from Bora Bora, where he was on vacation on Tuesday, to Boise. Papcun must arrive some time today, because Winmill denied a defense request to continue the trial until Papcun was able to return.

Papcun likely would seek to attack the authenticity of the recordings' from June 9 and 10 at the Steeles' home. Earlier, in court documents, Papcun concluded that to "a reasonable degree of scientific probability" the "tapes do not represent a true and valid representation of reality and they are unreliable."

Papcun's testimony could come into play because neither Cyndi Steele nor daughter Kelsey Steele, 20, believe the recordings between Edgar Steele and Larry Fairfax are authentic and reliable. Both believe Steele is innocent.
Winmill declined to allow Papcun to testify remotely from the South Pacific Ocean location after prosecutors complained about not being able to appropriately cross-examine him using the technology that would be available in the courtroom, and complaining the law doesn't provide for such an accommodation.

Winmill criticized the defense for not subpoenaing the witness, to ensure he would be available for the trail. "It is a problem of the defense's own making," Winmill said.

Jurors were shown a video earlier in the trial of a 25-year-old Ukrainian woman, whom prosecutors said Edgar Steele wanted to be with instead of his wife. Her deposition, recorded in the Ukraine, was shown to the jury because prosecutors don't have the authority to make her travel to the U.S. to testify.

Fairfax testified he went to the FBI to report the alleged murder for hire, and agreed to secretly record Steele discussing the plot he's on trial for allegedly concocting. Fairfax said he wanted to get paid by Steele because he was struggling financially, but never intended to kill Cyndi Steele, even though he has admitted in court he placed the bomb under her vehicle and acknowledges it could have detonated.

Winmill said the jury is likely to have the case in its hands Thursday.
"We're pretty much on course," the judge said. The trial continues today. Steele, who was arrested June 11, could spend the rest of his life in prison if he's convicted on the four counts he's charged on relating to the alleged plot.

Old May 4th, 2011 #1538
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Poverty Pimp on the Trial

The Jew Lover Morris Dees, AKA the Poverty Pimp, of the so called Southern Poverty Law Center, weighs in on the trial. The organization has a net worth of nearly $150 million and is quite a scam. I have to give the Poverty Pimp credit. He actually tied the VNN forum to press on most of the issues of the trial. This is actually a reasonably fair assessment of the trial so far.
========
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/0...s-final-stage/

Trial of Anti-Semitic Lawyer in Plot to Kill Wife Enters Final Stage
Posted in Anti-Semitic, Extremist Crime by Bill Morlin on May 4, 2011

As early as today, a federal jury in Idaho will begin determining the fate of Edgar Steele, a volatile attorney who represented leading racists before becoming an anti-Semitic writer, lecturer and icon of the radical right.

During his two-week criminal trial in Boise, Idaho, federal prosecutors used witnesses to depict Steele as the mastermind behind a failed pipe bomb-murder plot aimed at his wife and her mother. He is accused of hiring Larry Fairfax, a handyman-turned-hitman-turned-FBI-informant, who actually planted a pipe bomb on Cyndi Steele’s car without telling his FBI handlers.

The murder plot allegedly was hatched while the 65-year-old Steele used Skype from his North Idaho horse ranch for Internet trysts with a young Ukrainian woman, described as his girlfriend by investigators. In videotaped testimony from the Ukraine, the 25-year-old woman recalled conversations about lovemaking and having babies once Steele’s wife was out of the picture.

Defense attorneys argued that all that was nothing more than Steele’s academic interest in human trafficking — a “Russian bride scam” that Steele was researching for a book — and the murder plot actually was concocted entirely by Fairfax after he stole silver from the Steele home. Cyndi Steele has backed up her husband’s version of events.

Defense attorney Robert McAllister also attempted to convince the jury that secret FBI recordings detailing the murder-for-hire plot involving Fairfax and Steele were somehow altered by the FBI — an allegation flatly denied by the prosecution.

But McAllister didn’t subpoena his own audio expert, George Papcun, to back up the claim the recordings were altered. Papcun was vacationing in the French Pacific island of Bora Bora and unavailable to testify in person on Tuesday, when the judge denied a defense request to delay the trial.

In a posting on the “Free Edgar Steele” website, Cyndi Steele wrote late Tuesday that the defense team couldn’t get Papcun to Boise by commercial planes and it would have cost $120,000 for a chartered jet. “Unfortunately the window of time to make such arrangements was not long enough and the opportunity to have [our] audio expert, Dr. George Papcun, testify has been lost,’’ Cyndi Steele said in her posting.

She didn’t explain why the defense team didn’t subpoena the audio expert, requiring his presence at the trial, before he left on vacation. But she did ask her husband’s supporters to “pray that no one else has to go through what we have been put through by our government.”

She gave no hint as to whether or not her husband will be the last defense witness, taking the stand in his own defense. If he doesn’t, there will be closing arguments today, followed by the reading of jury instructions before jurors get the case.

Steele’s 20-year-old daughter, Kesley Steele, and his wife, both testified for the defense in the trial that was moved to Boise from Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Kesley Steele told the jury she recognized her father’s voice on the tape recordings, but said that wasn’t the way he talks.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan asked Kelsey Steele if it was true she didn’t want to believe that her father wanted her mother killed. “Of course I don’t want to, and I don’t,” was her reply, according to the Spokesman-Review newspaper.

For her part, Cyndi Steele testified that she doesn’t believe for a minute he intended to kill her, alleging instead that he was framed by the federal government.

While questioning Cyndi Steele, defense attorney McAllister brought up the fact that Edgar Steele represented the neo-Nazi Aryan Nations and its late founder Richard Butler in a successful 2000 civil suit brought by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The suit, based on an attack by Aryan Nations guard on a woman and her son, resulted in a $6.3 million judgment against the group based in northern Idaho and Butler.

Prosecutors objected to mention of the Aryan Nations, but U.S. District Court Judge B. Lynn Winmill allowed the testimony.

Cyndi Steele testified that her husband had represented “unpopular causes,” including the Aryan Nations, and said her family has received death threats, the Spokane newspaper reported. She also testified that she was helping her husband investigate a “Russian mail-order bride scam.”

Cyndi Steele testified that E-mails her husband sent to Russian women were “cyber-space fantasy.’’ She said her husband was an “excellent writer” capable of sounding like “a love-sick teenager.”

Cyndi Steele made no mention of her husband’s other writings — anti-Semitic tirades and essays posted on various extremist websites in the wake of the Aryan Nations trial. He entitled kind of coming-out essay in 2002 “It’s the Jews, Stupid!!!’’ and also suggested in another that a government conspiracy was behind the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.

The jury, composed almost entirely of women, heard testimony that in one E-mail Edgar Steele told his Ukrainian girl friend that the Anti-Defamation League, an anti-racist Jewish organization, “manufactured the recordings of him” plotting to kill his wife. “This has been a huge shock to me but not really a surprise; they have been after me for a long time because of my outspoken criticism” of the federal government and U.S. power brokers, Steele wrote Loginova.

FBI Special Agent Brent Smith, currently based in the Ukraine, read the E-mail to Loginova, who declined to travel to the United States, but gave prosecutors a videotaped deposition in early March.

In the deposition, Loginova, speaking through a translator, said she met Steele through an online dating website, exchanged E-mails and learned about his personal life, the Spokane newspaper reported. Steele wrote that Loginova could “take care of our babies, make love to me, whatever would make you happy.”

“Did he ever tell you if he had kids?” federal prosecutor Whelan asked the young Ukrainian woman. “Yes, he did,” Loginova responded through a translator. “[He] told me that they don’t live with him though. He told me that he lives alone.”

Steele planned to travel to Ukraine to visit her in August 2010, but was arrested two months earlier. In one message, Steele promised to mail Loginova a teddy bear he named “Eddie Bear.” But she never got the gift after his arrest because his “ex-wife” never mailed it.

Even behind bars, Steele continued to profess his love for the Ukrainian woman via letters, the jury was told. The Coeur d’Alene Press reported that in one, Steele wrote: “I miss you so much. I seem to dream about you every night. I found myself daydreaming about you being near me. It has been nearly three weeks since we last saw each other via Skype.”

Old May 4th, 2011 #1539
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Steele to Meet with Cyndi Today

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/siren...ed-meet-today/

Sirens & Gavels
Edgar, Cyndi Steele allowed to meet today
Posted by Meghann
May 4, 2011 7:59 a.m.

Edgar Steele will be allowed to visit with his wife and alleged victim today before deciding if he will testify today in his murder—for-hire trial in U.S. District Court in Boise.

Steele's lawyer, Robert McAllister, said his client requested the meeting.
“At this time i think it's appropriate that he get a chance to consult with his wife about decisions in this case,” McAllister said.

Edgar and Cyndi Steele have have been allowed to meet in jail once a week since last fall, but they have been prohibited from discussing the case.

Prosecutors objected to the request because they may recall Cyndi Steele as a reputable witness if Edgar testifies, and they fear he may try to influence her. But Judge B. Lynn Winmill said he saw no reason not to allow the couple to meet for 10-15 minutes with defense lawyers present.

Winmill said his decision was based on the unusual circumstance of Cyndi Steele not believing the government's case and supporting her husband.
“It's a very unique situation for that reason,” Winmill said. “I guess I just see no purpose in maintaining no contact order.”

Physical contact is prohibited.

Old May 4th, 2011 #1540
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Steele Will Not Testify

Sirens & Gavels
Defense rests; Ed Steele doesn’t testify
Posted by Meghann
May 4, 2011 9:34 a.m.

Defense lawyers in the Edgar Steele murder-for-hire trial rested their case this morning without calling Steele to the stand.

Lawyers are working on jury instructions now. Closing arguments are expected today.

Prosecutors predicted their argument will take an hour. Steele's defense said theirs will take about 45 minutes.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread