VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 15th, 2008 #41
Christopher Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonF View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/14/big...ody/index.html

CNN) -- A policeman and a former corrections officer say that on Friday they will unveil evidence of what they claim is their biggest find ever: the body of Bigfoot.

Is this for real?
Wait a minute...They said "Georgia"?? Thats why he never came home! Papa, Noooo!

Old August 15th, 2008 #42
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Gaede View Post
Actually the people who claimed they were the ones who were in the suit were in fact the hoaxers.
April
That is correct. The two guys who actually filmed the footage were Roger Patterson and a guy named Gimlin. Patterson is dead, maybe Gimlin is also by now. Neither of them ever said it was a hoax, in fact no one could ever get them to deviate from the original story. The guy who claimed to be in on the hoax and said he was the dude in the monkey suit was proven to be a liar.

I spent several years not too far from Bluff Creek in Northern California where the film was shot. It is some of the most remote and rugged terrain in North America, and was even more so in the 1960s when Patterson shot the film. I still love that area, the lower Klamath River/Trinity River/Salmon River watershed.

Do I believe in Bigfoot? Well, I will just say that I have spent a hell of a lot of time in some really remote areas in that part of the country, a lot of it alone, hiking and camping, climbing a mountain now and then, and I have never ran across any Sasquatches. I fought a lot of fires there also, when I worked for the U.S.Forest Circus. I used to hike into the Trinity Alps in the middle of the Winter, alone, and spend several days at a time there. I would be the only human in that entire wilderness. Now that I think about it I was kind of a strange guy when I was younger. But I never met with Bigfoot. That doesn't mean he is not there, just that I never encountered him.

Old August 15th, 2008 #43
Christopher Drake

I really don't think thats my daddy. However, I'm pretty sure I met the dead guy at motorcycle rally.

Old August 15th, 2008 #44
Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Streed View Post
That is correct. The two guys who actually filmed the footage were Roger Patterson and a guy named Gimlin. Patterson is dead, maybe Gimlin is also by now. Neither of them ever said it was a hoax, in fact no one could ever get them to deviate from the original story. The guy who claimed to be in on the hoax and said he was the dude in the monkey suit was proven to be a liar.

I spent several years not too far from Bluff Creek in Northern California where the film was shot. It is some of the most remote and rugged terrain in North America, and was even more so in the 1960s when Patterson shot the film. I still love that area, the lower Klamath River/Trinity River/Salmon River watershed.

Do I believe in Bigfoot? Well, I will just say that I have spent a hell of a lot of time in some really remote areas in that part of the country, a lot of it alone, hiking and camping, climbing a mountain now and then, and I have never ran across any Sasquatches. I fought a lot of fires there also, when I worked for the U.S.Forest Circus. I used to hike into the Trinity Alps in the middle of the Winter, alone, and spend several days at a time there. I would be the only human in that entire wilderness. Now that I think about it I was kind of a strange guy when I was younger. But I never met with Bigfoot. That doesn't mean he is not there, just that I never encountered him.

The fact that no Bigfoot bones have been found in any forest in the past 100 years suggests that Bigfoot exists only in the mind.

----------------------

Old August 15th, 2008 #45
Frank Toliver
Formerly Cowboy Zeke

I just want to know how to marinade and grill it best to bring out that BIG bigfoot taste.

Fuck you hippie, you are the system.

Jews are not just a race or just a religion; they are a race who worship themselves religiously.

Old August 15th, 2008 #46
April

Quote:
The second guy is still alive, he was young with the video was made. He recently spoke about it on Monsterquest.

Old August 15th, 2008 #47
Jett Rink
Banned

Bigfoot is big business to some.

Old August 16th, 2008 #48
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
I didn't know about this, so thanks for the information. I have no academic credentials, but I would bet my life that film is a hoax. No animal moves like that, and all kinds of humans record video like that, with the creature helpfully turning toward the camera, per the director.

Old August 16th, 2008 #49
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I didn't know about this, so thanks for the information. I have no academic credentials, but I would bet my life that film is a hoax. No animal moves like that, and all kinds of humans record video like that, with the creature helpfully turning toward the camera, per the director.
I always kind of assumed it was a hoax, but I really didn't know much about it. A few years ago I got curious about the "bigfoot phenomena" and hit a few of the bigfoot sites on the internet. Turns out the bigfoot believers hold the Patterson/Gimlin film out as one of their strongest pieces of evidence. According to them it has never been successfully debunked. What would be relatively easy to fake now was not so easy back in the mid sixties.

There doesn't seem to really be much solid evidence for the existence of sasquatch. The Patterson film, a few footprint castings which would seem to be easy to fake, and eyewitness stories are about it. However a lot of the locals around Weitchpec, Sommes Bar, Orleans, Willow Creek, or Happy Camp believe it. They won't talk about it to strangers but if you get to know them, especially after a few beers, they will tell you that they believe there is something out there. Perhaps they are just trying to discourage people from snooping around and interfering with them making an "honest" living growing Amerikwa's number one cash crop.

I am a skeptic myself, with the proviso that there is a lot of damned empty country in the western part of North America and that if old Biggy could hide anywhere it would be that Northern California mountain area. I have probably been deeper into some of those areas than most of the locals and at the time I never really seriously considered the possibility that there could be some big ape-men living there. It was years later that I finally got kind of interested in Bigfoot. That is "interested", not believer, just as I am interested in flying saucer sightings and holohoax stories and idiots who believe humans and niggers are no different.

BTW, do you know the difference between Bigfoot and a smart, hardworking, honest nigro? There are people who claim to have actually seen Bigfoot.

Old August 16th, 2008 #50
matthew
White Nationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Toliver View Post
I just want to know how to marinade and grill it best to bring out that BIG bigfoot taste.
a question that comes to mind is, who's going to do the jacklinks beef jerky commercials now?

Old August 16th, 2008 #51
IceQueen

This has been an interesting thread. I did not know that video of "Bigfoot" has never been debunked. I hope there really is a bigfoot species out there... <cue X-Files music> I want to believe.

There are new creatures discovered everyday. I just saw a little primate the size of a man's hand the other day that was recently found. It looked like a fury version of Gollum from Lord of the Rings. The thing was so ugly it was almost cute. Point is, there's all kinds of stuff out there no one has seen.

Old August 16th, 2008 #52
T. Kadijevic
† Chaotic Christian †

I'm more interested in seeing outer space aliens being revealed. It may help explain why the world is so messed up.
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him...." ------ John 8:44

Old August 16th, 2008 #53
KMRATHELL
deken

Default Bigfoot 96 percent opossum according to genetics test

"One of the two samples of DNA said to prove the existence of the Bigfoot came from a human and the other was 96 percent from an opossum, according to Curt Nelson, a scientist at the University of Minnesota who performed the DNA analysis."

The other 4 percent of bigfoot is human.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080815/us_nm/bigfoot_dc

Old August 16th, 2008 #54
cillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRATHELL View Post
"One of the two samples of DNA said to prove the existence of the Bigfoot came from a human and the other was 96 percent from an opossum, according to Curt Nelson, a scientist at the University of Minnesota who performed the DNA analysis."

...so this is some sort of werepossum

Old August 16th, 2008 #55
KMRATHELL
deken

Default Bigfoot and mom in happier times.

Old August 16th, 2008 #56
Alex Linder
Administrator

Old August 16th, 2008 #57
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRATHELL View Post

...... This must be a joke.

Old August 16th, 2008 #58
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

Quote:
The two guys who actually filmed the footage were Roger Patterson and a guy named Gimlin. Patterson is dead, maybe Gimlin is also by now. Neither of them ever said it was a hoax, in fact no one could ever get them to deviate from the original story.
Robert Gimlin in a 1999 interview: "I was totally convinced no one could fool me. And of course I'm an older man now...and I think there could have been the possibility of a hoax. But it would have to be really well planned by Roger [Patterson]."

Old August 19th, 2008 #59
Robert Bandanza
Banned

Default Bigfoot Discovery Declared a Hoax

Alas, the search for Bigfoot continues.

No evidence has emerged to support claims made last week by two men who said they found the corpse of a seven-foot-tall (two-meter-tall) Bigfoot—an apelike creature of North American legend—in the woods of northern Georgia.

Critics declared the men's story a bold hoax after the pair refused to show the body and following the disclosure that genetic tests from the alleged remains revealed only human and opossum DNA.

Discovery of a Lifetime

Matt Whitton and Rick Dyer spoke to a packed room of reporters last Friday in Palo Alto, California, about their discovery. Joining them on stage was controversial Bigfoot hunter Tom Biscardi.

Whitton told a compelling story of how he and Dyer found the body of the dead Sasquatch—as the creature is also called—next to a stream while hiking in the Georgian woods in early June.

Whitton said he stood guard by the body for nine hours while Dyer went back to get a truck.

When Dyer returned, the pair dragged the hairy 500-pound (230-kilogram) corpse through the woods to the truck—all while being shadowed by three live Sasquatch.

"As we were bringing it out, they were paralleling us," said Whitton, a Georgia police officer on administrative leave.

Whitton said that after reaching their truck, they refrigerated the Bigfoot body and soon after contacted Biscardi.

Weak Evidence

At the press conference, the self-proclaimed "best Bigfoot hunters in the world" declined repeated requests to display the Sasquatch remains.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...gfoot-dna.html

Instead, they handed out photographs purportedly showing the creature's mouth and tongue, and a blurry image of a hairy figure strolling through the woods.

Reporters and other Bigfoot investigators were underwhelmed by the group's evidence.

"When I first heard about this, I was optimistic and hopeful," said Jeff Meldrum, an anthropologist and Bigfoot investigator at Idaho State University. "But when I heard [Tom Biscardi] was involved, that optimism quickly evaporated."

Within the community of amateur and professional Bigfoot hunters, Biscardi has a "reputation of ill repute," Meldrum said.

Meldrum is also extremely skeptical about the authenticity of a photograph released in the days leading up to the press conference showing what appears to be a hairy corpse in a refrigerator.

"It looks like a heap of costume fur. It doesn't look like natural hair," Meldrum said. "The gut pile looks like it was dumped on there just for effect."

Mixed DNA Results

Casting further doubt on the group's claim are mixed DNA results from the purported body.

The DNA sample was analyzed by Curt Nelson, a molecular biologist at the University of Minnesota, who described it as a mixture of human and opossum.

Biscardi's "suggestion was that the tissue sample was from the intestine of the animal, and that the animal had eaten an opossum," Nelson told National Geographic News. "That seems improbable to me."

Jason Linville is a forensics expert at the University of Alabama at Birmingham who was not involved in the DNA analysis.

If the group had instead sent in hair samples from the body, it would have been relatively simple to confirm that it belonged to an unidentified primate species, Linville said.

"In theory, you could analyze that DNA and it would come up as something that didn't quite mach human and didn't quite match primate, but was something pretty close to it," Linville said.

Media Storm

Matthew Moneymaker is the president of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, an international network of Bigfoot investigators.

Moneymaker called the press conference an elaborate "profiteering scam" engineered by Biscardi.

"They know there's tremendous interest in seeing photographs of [Bigfoot], and they're trying to get people to pay to see hoaxed photos," he said.

Moneymaker's organization tracks Bigfoot news in the media, and he says Biscardi really scored with his latest exploit.

"There's been at least a thousand stories in newspapers across the world," Moneymaker said. "Before this, the highest record was about 200 articles in newspapers."

Moneymaker predicts that the mass exposure could actually hurt Biscardi in the long run.

"Now he's really a famous con man," Moneymaker said. "He was a con man known in Bigfoot circles for years, and now it won't be long before everybody knows it."

Biscardi, Whitton, and Dyer remain undeterred, however. The trio said they plan to conduct an autopsy of their Bigfoot corpse in the near future.

"I want to get to the bottom of it," Biscardi said. "What I seen, what I touched, what I felt, and what I prodded was not a mask that was sewn on a bear hide, OK?"

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...oot-dna_2.html

Old August 19th, 2008 #60
Metal Warrior
Leaving a bruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshrac View Post
Still, when was the last time you saw a creature able to use its eyes like a flashlight ?
Last time I saw X-Men, who are apparently more real than the Georgia Bigfoot.

Tags
#1, bigfoot

Thread