Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 17th, 2010 #21
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

When dealing with an Englishman I never use the words "bum" and "fag" in the same sentence nor even the same paragraph.

Old June 17th, 2010 #22
cillian

Default I like this one

Snigger
Snicker

Old June 17th, 2010 #23
Marty Macaluso

They use lift in the UK instead of elevator, they also use car park instead of garage or parking lot. I noticed they use the wordy dodgy a lot too.

Old June 17th, 2010 #24
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillian View Post
Snigger
Snicker
I use snigger and niggardly as often as the conversation suits.

Add to the list.. cheeky

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Old June 17th, 2010 #25
Katarina

Default I misuse

all those words if I use them at some point or another. I use "cunt" for a nice lil angry outburst. I am american. I misuse the word nigger, I misuse all hatefully abusive words.

My dictionary is effed up as ever but does anyone know how to properly spell the prejudicially abusive words used against my breed ? Like honkey ? Blacks use it and call me a honky. Is there a slang dictionary that "someone" proposes to know how to spell it properly ?

Old June 17th, 2010 #26
Katarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
When dealing with an Englishman I never use the words "bum" and "fag" in the same sentence nor even the same paragraph.
why ? what do they mean in english countries ?

Old June 17th, 2010 #27
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
all those words if I use them at some point or another. I use "cunt" for a nice lil angry outburst. I am american. I misuse the word nigger, I misuse all hatefully abusive words.

My dictionary is effed up as ever but does anyone know how to properly spell the prejudicially abusive words used against my breed ? Like honkey ? Blacks use it and call me a honky. Is there a slang dictionary that "someone" proposes to know how to spell it properly ?
You can read all about it here

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Old June 18th, 2010 #28
Hilda
Barbarian

Quite a few English use the Americanism "fanny" when referring to a woman's front bottom. They even think that is what the Americans are on about.

Demography is Destiny

Old June 18th, 2010 #29
Art Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
Ha ha.In England you can say "I need to bum a fag ever so much" and still be heterosexual!

Old June 19th, 2010 #30
Evan Heathcliff
Is it good for Whites?

The English like to tell others to "piss off" instead of fuck off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reltih145 View Post
So the other day I drove down to the gas station,slammed on my brakes and ran inside to buy a pack of smokes and a bag of potato chips.How do you say that in British?
You shouldn't eat those. It's bad for your body. Potato chips are said to have forty times as much fat per weight unit than actual potatoes.

Old June 20th, 2010 #31
Alex Linder
Administrator

taking the piss

"phizog" /nose-face?

dodgy

dozy

put paid to (now heard in america somewhat, never heard 20 years ago)

sort (him/them/her) out - never used in america

Old June 20th, 2010 #32
Alex Linder
Administrator

i like

dozy and

dozy plonkers

and

plonky dozers

Old June 21st, 2010 #33
Darius Appleby
Banned

Location: high rainfall coastal strip of the White Continent nation
Arrow Urban Dictionary has the answers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
git - I thoroughly enjoyed Australia getting thumped by Germany - there's not many ways Germany can make this Englishman smile, but Lucas Neill, Vince Grella and Tim Cahill getting a trouncing is one of them. Cahill's a fine player but he can be a dirty, niggling little git at times, and there was a certain amount of karma in that red card.

Easy to understand the general idea, but where does git originate?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=git
The origins are from the word 'geat' which were a Scandinavian people living in Götaland, land of the Geats, currently within the borders of modern Sweden. The name of the Geats lives on in the Swedish counties of Västergötland and Östergötland, the Western and Eastern lands of the Geats, as well as in many toponyms.

Shut yer face you lucky git.

Old June 22nd, 2010 #34
Karl LaForce

Default Knackered and Bog

Knackered - very tired, elderly, worn out

(the) Bog - shitter (as in toilet)

Old June 24th, 2010 #35
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Appleby View Post
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=git
The origins are from the word 'geat' which were a Scandinavian people living in Götaland, land of the Geats, currently within the borders of modern Sweden. The name of the Geats lives on in the Swedish counties of Västergötland and Östergötland, the Western and Eastern lands of the Geats, as well as in many toponyms.

Shut yer face you lucky git.
really? seems to hard to believe. but what is the connotation? stupid? rural?

Old June 24th, 2010 #36
Alex Linder
Administrator

minger -

example: Heating engineer Niki then confessed [his affair] to Nichole Brennan-Young, 29, who instantly split with him. Yesterday Nichole, of Croydon, South London, said: "I want to kill him. I'm not an ugly girl and she looks like an absolute minger so that's a bit upsetting. I'm well rid of him."

[urban dictionary]

Someone who was not just touched by the ugly stick at birth but was battered severely with it. Anyone who does not look better to you after several strong alcoholic drinks probably fits this category. Anyone scoring 7+ on www.amiaminger.com.

She was a minger, a real 8 pinter.

Although now more commonly used to define an extremely visually challanging appearance, the word minger originally came from scottish gaelic, meaning 'septic vagina'.

Now often used by chavs all over Britain to define anything remotely disgusting
Eurgh look Shaz, thats right minging, innit?

Old June 25th, 2010 #38
Nick Apleece

Suss out.

Whinge.

Queue- you hear it in America now, but 20 years ago everyone used "line".

I've also noticed that pretentious types in the States often use "flat" now in lieu of "apartment".

Old June 25th, 2010 #39
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Apleece View Post
Suss out.
This isn't used often, but is used sometimes. I haven't noticed it used more by the British.

Quote:
Whinge.
This is now used some here, including sometimes by me, just for variety's sake. Far as I know, it means exactly the same as whine.

Quote:
Queue- you hear it in America now, but 20 years ago everyone used "line".
Yep.

Quote:
I've also noticed that pretentious types in the States often use "flat" now in lieu of "apartment".
Haven't seen this myself yet.

Old June 25th, 2010 #40
Alex Linder
Administrator

The worst feature of British use of English, imo, is their snipping every noun or name over two syllables and clapping on a cutesy ending, s or y. brollies, wellies, Becks (for Beckham).

Thread