Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 7th, 2017 #1
steven clark

Default Dunkirk

Christopher Nolan (Intersteller) has directed a film about Dunkirk, one of England's defeats that is treasured more than victory…that peculiar English habit…and Nolan insists it is a survival film, and there is little of the heroic, tough guy fighting we saw in a lot of 60's war movies. Here is a non heroic cast surviving…the movie starts with a surreal stroll of British soldiers through an abandoned town when snow falls…no, actually, propaganda leaflets warning them they are surrounded. The leaflets, by the way, are in color. The originals the Germans printed were in black and white. The soldiers are gunned down one by one, leaving Fionn Whitehead as the only survivor, throwing away his rifle to high tail it to the beach.
He tries to get on a boat home, but gets stymied every time. A hospital ship rejects him just before German planes blow it up. He does get on a ship, enjoying jam and tea, but it gets torpedoed. He barely speaks, acts, or does much except get wet.
Then there's Tom Hardy as an RAF pilot trying to fight off the Luftwaffe in exciting dogfights and tension where his fuel is running out. The RAF had the problem of not being able to spend that much time in France before they had to fly to his home base…the same problem the Luftwaffe had a few months later…and Hardy must choose between returning or shooting down bombers knocking off rescue ships.
The one definable hero is Mark Rylance as a civilian who takes his yacht to rescue soldiers, dressed in collar and tie as if for an outing, and picks up a dangerous, shell-shocked soldier who causes trouble. These three story lines weave in and out, and believe me, the British army doesn't come out good in this one. A group of soldiers wander off, find a deserted ship and hide in it until the tide comes in so they can float out to sea…and don't post a sentry?, so German troops use the boat for target practice, killing some of them, and rendering the boat unseaworthy.
Also, the Germans are never seen…the intro just calls them 'the enemy', but this is a war movie more designed to show physical terror of individuals then the workings of Operation Dynamo (the rescue from Dunkirk).
Perhaps war movies that support war can't be made. When Lawrence Olivier was sought for A Bride Too Far in the 70's, he only agreed to take the role if the movie 'had a strong anti-war message.'
The film has taken flack for not showing any blacks or women, and also some have criticized not showing the Royal Indian Corps, who helped fight back the enemy…but a film daring to show whites only has to accept this these days, since the hatred of our race is getting more open day by day.
It would have been nice to see the German view here…they did win, after all, and have Nolan explain why they stopped their advance; something that's puzzled many historians.
Dunkirk is a powerful, fast-moving film and examines the terror of war as seen by individuals. It's worth watching and has a lot of intense moments.

Old September 1st, 2017 #2
Michael Jeffrey

I took a girl on a date to see it. It held my attention and didn't lay the propaganda on as thick and heavy as usual. I thought it was a good movie to see in the theater. It probably wouldn't be as exciting watching in your home.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #3
Ray Allan

I might watch it eventually if I can get a cheap DVD. Right now, I've had enough of World War Jew movies. There are damn few worth watching, especially the ones produced by Hymiewood.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old September 2nd, 2017 #4
Michael Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I might watch it eventually if I can get a cheap DVD. Right now, I've had enough of World War Jew movies. There are damn few worth watching, especially the ones produced by Hymiewood.
This one was very different. There wasn't much of a plot, other than that it was the battle of Dunkirk. It was nonstop action from beginning to end. Not much dialogue, no love story, or backstory.

Old September 17th, 2017 #5
Kevlar Vest

We saw Dunkirk a few days ago. It was a well made motion picture, but there were a few unbelievable moments....such as the Spitfire pilot running out of fuel and continuing flying for endless minutes. Eventually he also shoots down a German plane even though his engine is shut down! That's Hollywood!

Old September 19th, 2017 #6
Ray Allan

I'll never understand why Hitler didn't move his panzers forward and capture all the BEF and other Allied troops trapped at Dunkirk. It probably would have ended the war right there. Hitler was too nice and a little naïve thinking somebody like Churchill had any sense of honor.

Old September 19th, 2017 #7
Donncha Dennis

Think of it this way even if all expeditionary forces were massacred and wiped out the british still would keep on fighting, what it could have done is saved him some time in terms of them loosing men they retrained in the naval,air,tank and infantry forces. Keep in mind the brits had more men over in france during ww1 and suffered more casualties then the entire force that was trapped at Dunkirk. I also believe in david irvings works he mentios some much looked over info but I cannot recall what he said just right now.

Suffice to say the brits would have still continued the war even if they lost everything at that point.

Old September 19th, 2017 #8
steven clark

Default Dunkirk

I think the film has an eerie quality in that the Germans are never seen, and you don't have any indication of what they were doing. it's Britcentric, as most of these movies are now. Look at the 60's-70's war movies, they were always trying to give the German side...films like battle of the Bulge, A Bridge Too Far.
Also, Dunkirk is shown as being abandoned and intact. in truth, it had been smashed by artillery and air strikes.

As for why the Germans didn't go on and finish the British, I doubt it was due to Hitler's kindness. The Wehrmacht had to keep fighting the French army, who was by no means beaten, and also the area around Dunkirk was soggy and not conducive to a full armored assault. Goering also said the Luftwaffe could take care of the British without any help, and the army had to hold off.
Goering's overconfidence in the Luftwaffe didn't help throughout the war.
Also, the Germans really didn't think the British could pull off a retreat.
As Len Deighton said in Blitzkrieg, the Germans were Europeans, and saw the sea as the end. The British were sea folk, and always saw the sea as a place to maneuver.

As for Britain fighting on, they might well have, but with 300,000 men in POW camps, a negotiated peace might have been more tempting. And if the Germans invaded Britain, there wouldn't have been anyone to stop them, but a German invasion was unlikely in any case. They didn't have the means to get an army over and past the Royal navy, and Hitler would assume the British would be sensible and talk.
It's always a mistake to assume nations will act sensible.

Old September 22nd, 2017 #9
Donncha Dennis

If you compare their effort success/failure to world war one levels, 300k would be acceptable. Im not sure how many brits were pow to the axis in ww2 but probably much more then this im assuming? They maybe would have been on the table to negotiate pow returns but this still wouldn't have stopped them I believe but that's just my opinion. Anyone ever see that movie the eagle has landed basically a old 70's film played by brits the premise is german secret agents paratroop into jolly old England and capture ole churchie himself.

Old September 22nd, 2017 #10
Ray Allan

With virtually their entire army being POWs and the small number remaining in England with virtually no weapons, I don't see how England could have continued fighting. The RAF and Royal Navy would have still been intact, but their morale would have been incredibly low if the whole British army was gone except for Home Guard units that were drilling with wooden rifles. A German invasion would have been a real, actual threat at that point. Roosevelt would have had to go in there about a year and a half earlier than he did to save Churchill's sorry ass. And in 1940 the US military was really in no condition for that. This scenario has been debated about a jillion times probably, so we won't get any definitive answer here, it's all speculation.

The Eagle Has Landed was a fictional book and film of course, but perhaps Hitler should have sent in a team to smoke that fat fucking alcoholic jew-tool Winnie. The Fuehrer would have done humanity a service.

Old September 22nd, 2017 #11
ToneDeaf

Speaking of Dunkirk, I didn't know this :
(skip to 1:01:40 2/3rds in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA7_S8oD7HUhttp://

Last edited by ToneDeaf; September 22nd, 2017 at 08:41 PM.

Old September 23rd, 2017 #12
Donncha Dennis

Yes but that is precisely why I think they would be able to stay in the war, that was a expeditionary force sent to combine with the French army and enter into Germany little did they know the germans were not going to repeat ww1 on French soil. They would have still the naval and air assets to protect the homeland. Again I mention in ww1 they suffered much more then 3k killed in under a year but still they came. We may talk of resources but lets say the entire brit force was wiped out, its true they sent in most of their latest weaponry and heavy tanks. As long as they had the men and time to train new recruits they could still stay in the war, they already had new weapons on the production line and new concepts waiting to be tried out they would have retrained their entire military from scratch if they had to. That's not even mentioning all small arms, most forms of artillery, anti aircraft weapons, and even boosting naval ships were already being supplied by America. Even all the material lost was made up within what a year or two? and surpassed once America really got into the lend lease thing. All small arms the brits practically didn't even need to produce any if they didn't want to America could have armed the entire british army alone. But as you say these are all what if scenarios I agree it would have set the brits back tremendously but knocked them out of the war? perhaps not.

Old September 23rd, 2017 #13
Donncha Dennis

Casablanca Express was another sort of cheesy movie from the 80s zee germans try to blow up Winston churchills train in north Africa, evidently years later it came out Churchill actually was on a train in north Africa but secretively of course.

Thread