Old April 29th, 2005 #1
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Default "rules of gunfighting"

http://www.thegunzone.com/gunfighting.html

Old April 29th, 2005 #2
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

for some reason I cant copy and past them, but check em out.

Old April 29th, 2005 #3
Sean Martin

Wink When the right click function is disabled just press Control - C

Rules of Gunfighting
You may someday need to apply one or more of these
The absolute First Rule of a Gunfight, in Mark Moritz' brilliantly enunciated aphorism, is "Have a gun!" The rest will supplement that first rule....

Have a gun.

Preferably, have at least two guns.
Bring all of your friends who have guns.
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.

"Why did you shoot only once? There's no additional paperwork for shooting someone twice!" -- Firearms Instructor P.O.J.D., MOS debriefing after a shooting.
Bring ammo.

The right ammo.
Lots of it.
Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
Proximity negates skill. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun... and a friend with a long gun.
In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading and running.
Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun. Use a gun that works every time. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly."

Have a plan.

Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
(Consequences of not enough of the above.)
Flank your adversary when possible. Protect your own flank.
Don't drop your guard.
Always perform a tactical reload and then threat scan 360 degrees.
Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.)
Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.
The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
Be polite. Be professional. But... have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Be courteous to everyone. Friendly to no one.
Your number one option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Nothing handheld is a reliable stopper.
Carry the same gun in the same place all the time.

Old May 7th, 2005 #4
JoeSixPack
Opponent of Semitism

Wink

I like this one...
Quote:
Be polite. Be professional. But... have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Old May 13th, 2005 #5
_DC_

It is wise, but the thing is, we Whites can't live like that. We want the rules of politeness - complete ruthlessness to gain the upper hand makes life intolerable to us.

At the same time, we can't survive without that ruthlessness. The other races won't let us. So what to do?

It is clear we must be ruthless in the race war. And when we have a peaceful living area for ourselves we can go back - will probably automatically go back - to living with polite rules for internal competition. That's part of what makes us so great. (And vulnerable. So many White leaders claiming the moral high ground from underneath a tombstone, it's all very sad.)

Old May 19th, 2005 #6
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DC_
It is wise, but the thing is, we Whites can't live like that. We want the rules of politeness - complete ruthlessness to gain the upper hand makes life intolerable to us.

At the same time, we can't survive without that ruthlessness. The other races won't let us. So what to do?

It is clear we must be ruthless in the race war. And when we have a peaceful living area for ourselves we can go back - will probably automatically go back - to living with polite rules for internal competition. That's part of what makes us so great. (And vulnerable. So many White leaders claiming the moral high ground from underneath a tombstone, it's all very sad.)
Sure. example: why didnt Hitler mobilize German laborforce? they still had domestic servants doing the wash for German ladies in the home, when in the USSR and USA women were playing Rosie Riveter.

Old May 19th, 2005 #7
Bardamu
Banned

Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

A .357 is more deadly than a 45.

Old May 19th, 2005 #8
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imadrifter

A .357 is more deadly than a 45.
And a .44 mag. is deadlier than a .357

Actually, I have both a S&W 686 in .357 and a Ruger P90DC in .45. I use the .45 as my nightstand piece for the simple reason that it does not have the penetration power of the .357 (approx. 800 fps vs. 1500+ fps, respectively). You've got to take your immediate surroundings and who might possibly be in the next room into consideration when choosing a weapon for home defense close-combat situations. A .45 auto has plenty of stopping power (especially if several rds. manage to find their target) and drastically lessens the chance of the bullet going through the bad guy, and a wall or two , and killing/maiming anyone you have absolutely no intention of harming.

Old May 19th, 2005 #9
Bardamu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoaxThis
And a .44 mag. is deadlier than a .357

Actually, I have both a S&W 686 in .357 and a Ruger P90DC in .45. I use the .45 as my nightstand piece for the simple reason that it does not have the penetration power of the .357 (approx. 800 fps vs. 1500+ fps, respectively). You've got to take your immediate surroundings and who might possibly be in the next room into consideration when choosing a weapon for home defense close-combat situations. A .45 auto has plenty of stopping power (especially if several rds. manage to find their target) and drastically lessens the chance of the bullet going through the bad guy, and a wall or two , and killing/maiming anyone you have absolutely no intention of harming.
True enough, but the .357 is still a respectable piece. It can take out the bear as well as Leroy.

Old May 19th, 2005 #10
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Thumbs up I hear ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imadrifter
True enough, but the .357 is still a respectable piece. It can take out the bear as well as Leroy.
No argument there, my man. .357 is still my favorite caliber (I've had more hg's in that particular cal. than all others combined).

Old May 22nd, 2005 #11
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken

My nightstand piece is a Rem 870 police gun, with seven 00 buck in the tube. I never leave one in the chamber because the unmistakable sound of racking should make any intruder stand down or jump out the window. The possiblity of resolving the conflict without discharging the weapon is always preferable.
(A man who knows what he's talking about...)

Any cop worth his salt will tell you the ideal weapon for home defense is an unchambered pump shotgun, for the very reason you've listed. The unmistakable sound of the chambering of a shell into a shotgun in the dead of night has a sudden, strange effect on intruders described in The New England Journal of Medicine as "Carl Lewis Syndrome", or CLS for short.

Thread