VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 11th, 2008 #121
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenos View Post
As we were stocking up on more canned goods and non perishables today, I noticed another family doing the same, one of their little girls put something into the cart and the mother said, "no, only things that can be stored today"

People know something is coming, so if you haven't stocked up you better start. Also, put that food into some type of storage container, like those big rubbermaid cargo containers in case you have to bug out really quick, they're easy to transport, and be sure to keep your vehicle full of gas at all times.

The blacks were all buying their usual crap though, frozen pizza's, tv dinners, chips etc. Things that will go fast and won't keep.
http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=57866

At the Ticker Forum a prudent person like you would have been called 'tinfoil hat' but now those guys are talking about stocking up.

It is hard to get a year's worth of food together in short order. I hope that most here have been doing it a little at a time.

Good suggestions you have there but try and stay off the roads if SHTF. ZOG will be shutting down roads as a way to control movement, particularly the interstate highway system. In fact, I understand that the military likes the interstate system as a way to move things around should domestic crisis occur. Cities will be cordoned off until its time to clean the mess up. Otherwise, that was a good post, Zenos. BTW, the part of about keeping a full tank of gas was funny since we still have many stations in my area that do not have gas. Some have not had any for a month. Extrapolate that to any other commodity (like food). Everyone rushed in to buy when the post Ike gas squeeze was on. Result? No gas for anyone for a while. Takes a while for JIT systems to replenish.

Great items for SHTF:

batteries
cigarettes
beer or whisky

These are good for barter.

Last edited by Joe_J.; October 12th, 2008 at 12:29 AM.

Old October 12th, 2008 #122
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

Take a listen to this guy for 10 minutes.

Old October 12th, 2008 #123
Joe_J.
Radio active

That is the head honcho over at Ticker Forum. I listened to him tonight on an AZ AM station's feed. He laid the whole mess out on the line for all to hear. Smart guy.

http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www

His blog:
http://market-ticker.denninger.net/

Old October 12th, 2008 #124
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin View Post
Take a listen to this guy for 10 minutes.

YouTube - Update 10/11 - Weekly
More people engaging in global commerce will reject the kike paper notes sooner or later. May this continue to snowball.

Old October 12th, 2008 #125
Cernunnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
How do you pay when dealing with them? Check? Credit card? I have always sent in a check. They hold it for a week to make sure it clears, then about 7 days later the metal arrives.
Though I send in personal checks, they are credited to the account within a week of my sending them first-class. The shipment itself takes some time to be 'moved to [the] vault', and then a delivery time is set, itself another week.

Old October 12th, 2008 #126
Joe_J.
Radio active

Some big shots are getting margin calls.

Found here:
http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticke...www?post=66745

Last edited by Joe_J.; October 12th, 2008 at 02:15 AM.

Old October 12th, 2008 #127
tuisto

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtozog View Post
Some big shots are getting margin calls.

YouTube - Hitler: Another trade, another margin call
YOU WOULDN'T KNOW A NATIONAL SOCALIST IF HE KICKED YOUR TEETH IN.
HUMOR WHERE IT BELONGS.
THIS MOVIE IS THE WORST OF -INDOCTRINATION.

Old October 12th, 2008 #128
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuisto View Post
YOU WOULDN'T KNOW A NATIONAL SOCALIST IF HE KICKED YOUR TEETH IN.
HUMOR WHERE IT BELONGS.
THIS MOVIE IS THE WORST OF -INDOCTRINATION.
Lighten up and get a life. It was a funny movie based on current events. It might even set a thinking White man to ponder the jewish obsession with AH combined with financials.

I would be interested in knowing how the film is indoctrination. Explain yourself.

Old October 12th, 2008 #129
Cernunnos

Quote:
Lighten up and get a life. It was a funny movie based on current events. It might even set a thinking White man to ponder the jewish obsession with AH combined with financials.

I would be interested in knowing how the film is indoctrination. Explain yourself.
Seconded; any who are knowledgeable of economics regardless of political orientation would go long gold. If nothing else, it is a warning not to be careless with margin, a lesson most 'hot-shot' traders must learn the easy way lest they learn the hard way.

Old October 12th, 2008 #130
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Great items for SHTF:

batteries
cigarettes
beer or whisky

These are good for barter.
You know, I hadn't thought about those. Batteries have a 3 year shelf life so those would be good to have. When I smoked, I smoked menthol cigarettes, and those didn't last very long without losing flavor. Beer I'm not so sure about. Doesn't it have a relatively short shelf life? But whiskey is a great idea. Also, a few bottles of Pure Grain Alcohol:

would also come in handy. It's a fuel, a disinfectant, and a beverage all in one bottle. Whiskey and PGA will last forever. And it's not like it'd have a chance to go bad at my place anyway -- so long as I can get my hands on some cola to mix it with. Hell, I'd go to the liquor store right now and stock up, but the Baptists have shut down the liquor trade on Sunday here in Mississippi. We wouldn't want the specter of a man enjoying a drink on Sunday offending their delicate little sensibilities, now would we?

Last edited by Marse Supial; October 12th, 2008 at 11:25 AM.

Old October 12th, 2008 #131
Joe_J.
Radio active

Sure, cigarettes can go stale. Not sure about if you keep them unopened. Nonetheless, my bet is that a die hard smoker in SHTF won't care if they are stale. They will be happy to have a cig. I read once about German 6th Army POWs picking up camel shit to make smokes out of. I have been buying tins of pipe tobacco faster than I smoke it, so I have a nice stockpile.

Cigarette of choice for barter, IMO: Marlboro lights, if you are in a White area. Marlboro reds if in a working class area and Newports if you are stuck in Detroit, DC or any other nigger infested city area. Wiggers like Newports, too. Nothing against your being a former menthol smoker. I have smoked them myself. But we all know who smokes Newport.

That Everclear could double as fuel for your vehicle, couldn't it?

Edit:

Quote:
Hell, I'd go to the liquor store right now and stock up, but the Baptists have shut down the liquor trade on Sunday here in Mississippi. We wouldn't want the specter of a man enjoying a drink on Sunday offending their delicate little sensibilities, now would we?
If I know my Baptists right, it isn't about offending them, it is about the Baptist bootlegger making a few bucks. Protected enterprise.

Last edited by Joe_J.; October 12th, 2008 at 08:41 PM.

Old October 12th, 2008 #132
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

Quote:
Newports if you are stuck in Detroit, DC or any other nigger infested city area.
Bartering with niggers? In Detroit? Surely, you jest?

Old October 12th, 2008 #133
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin View Post
Bartering with niggers? In Detroit? Surely, you jest?
If not barter, bait!

Old October 12th, 2008 #134
Axel Faaborg

Quote:

Cigarette of choice for barter, IMO: Marlboro lights, if you are in a White area. Marlboro reds if in a working class area and Newports if you are stuck in Detroit, DC or any other nigger infested city area. Wiggers like Newports, too. Nothing against your being a former menthol smoker. I have smoked them myself. But we all know who smokes Newport.
Plenty of folks smoke Marlboros, but EVERYBODY wants Camels. Camel Wides or in a pinch Filters are the ultimate in cigarette bartering.

Old October 12th, 2008 #135
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDane View Post
Plenty of folks smoke Marlboros, but EVERYBODY wants Camels. Camel Wides or in a pinch Filters are the ultimate in cigarette bartering.
I am not a cigarette smoker, so thanks for the info. I will update accordingly.

FWIW, jews in the NY blackout in the 70s were selling a D battery for six bucks.

Newports, I agree, make better bait than barter item. I have been in stores before when some White woman comes in and buys a pack. Makes my stomach turn since such a purchase screams 'mudshark'.

Karl Deninger (the guy in the movie that Odin posted above) is expecting a big rally and, so far, the Asian markets are up but in an anemic way. Japs closed for holiday. Kwan banks closed tomorrow.

The Kwa soon:

Last edited by Joe_J.; October 12th, 2008 at 08:07 PM.

Old October 12th, 2008 #136
Cernunnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
If not barter, bait!
Aw laaaaaaawd I dun fell for dat fried chickin trap an' da alligator gon' eat me now. LaTrine done warned me 'bout dem smart-ass crackaz, 'specially dat crazy Alexei.

Old October 21st, 2008 #137
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Default Finally

I finally took delivery today on the silver maples that I ordered from Bullion Direct. It took 30 days from the date the funds were withdrawn from my checking account for them to be delivered, but they're finally here. I was about ready to sue those bastards.

Old October 21st, 2008 #138
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
I finally took delivery today on the silver maples that I ordered from Bullion Direct. It took 30 days from the date the funds were withdrawn from my checking account for them to be delivered, but they're finally here. I was about ready to sue those bastards.
When you paid for that order the price of silver was higher than when you actually took delivery, those bastards probably pocketed the difference.

Old October 21st, 2008 #139
Joe_J.
Radio active

Default Now Money Market

"Release Date: October 21, 2008
Quote:
For release at 9:00 a.m. EDT

The Federal Reserve Board on Tuesday announced the creation of the Money Market Investor Funding Facility (MMIFF), which will support a private-sector initiative designed to provide liquidity to U.S. money market investors.

Under the MMIFF, authorized by the Board under Section 13(3) of the Federal Reserve Act, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) will provide senior secured funding to a series of special purpose vehicles to facilitate an industry-supported private-sector initiative to finance the purchase of eligible assets from eligible investors. Eligible assets will include U.S. dollar-denominated certificates of deposit and commercial paper issued by highly rated financial institutions and having remaining maturities of 90 days or less. Eligible investors will include U.S. money market mutual funds and over time may include other U.S. money market investors.

The short-term debt markets have been under considerable strain in recent weeks as money market mutual funds and other investors have had difficulty selling assets to satisfy redemption requests and meet portfolio rebalancing needs. By facilitating the sales of money market instruments in the secondary market, the MMIFF should improve the liquidity position of money market investors, thus increasing their ability to meet any further redemption requests and their willingness to invest in money market instruments. Improved money market conditions will enhance the ability of banks and other financial intermediaries to accommodate the credit needs of businesses and households.

The attached term sheet describes the basic terms and operational details of the facility.

The MMIFF complements the previously announced Commercial Paper Funding Facility (CPFF), which on October 27, 2008 will begin funding purchases of highly rated, U.S.-dollar denominated, three-month, unsecured and asset-backed commercial paper issued by U.S. issuers, as well as the Asset Backed Commercial Paper Money Market Mutual Fund Liquidity Facility (AMLF), announced on September 19, 2008, which extends loans to banking organizations to purchase asset backed commercial paper from money market mutual funds. The AMLF, CPFF, and MMIFF are all intended to improve liquidity in short-term debt markets and thereby increase the availability of credit. "

Old October 21st, 2008 #140
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
Pay-up time for Lehman swaps
By Kim Asger Olsen

This Tuesday will be the first really interesting day in the financial markets since the day last week when US Treasury Secretary Paulson partially nationalized the nine largest US banks. October 21 sees the settlement of the credit default swaps (CDS) issued on Lehman Brothers debt.

First the facts. A CDS, or credit default swap, is essentially an insurance against losses if an issuer of debt goes bankrupt and cannot honor its obligations. Those who have sold the protection will then compensate the loss to those who have bought the protection. Estimates say that Lehman debt amounts to some US$150 billion. Other estimates say that Tuesday will see settlement of about $360 billion worth of nominal CDS contracts.
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_.../JJ22Dj03.html

Quote:
Six Chase banks across the metro area and three in Oklahoma have received threatening letters containing white powder, leading to the evacuation of the banks this afternoon and a coordinated national effort to find out who sent the letters, federal officials said this afternoon.
Kathy Wright, spokeswoman for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Denver, said FBI agents in Colorado, Oklahoma and at FBI headquarters in Washington are trying to determine who mailed the threats, which were first noticed at the banks today.
The powder did not appear to be dangerous, though some bank employees asked to be checked out by medical workers at the scenes, according to officials from the Denver Fire Department and Chase.
Jojan Henderson, spokeswoman for the U.S. Postal Inspection Service in Denver, said postal inspectors in Denver are working with the FBI to determine the source of the letters.
"We are involved in assisting in the investigation — where they may have come from and who sent the letters," said Henderson.
Gary Johnson, spokesman for the FBI office in Oklahoma City, said that two Chase banks in Oklahoma City and one in nearby Norman received threatening letters and that "some" contained "a substance."
The letters "basically indicated that the person who opened the letter was going to die," said Johnson.
Johnson said the writer indicated the letters were in response to "an action the bank may have taken."
He said the two banks in Oklahoma City were not evacuated, although the bank in Norman was. He said some, if not all, of the bank employees in Norman went through a decontamination process.
Johnson declined to say where the letters were postmarked.
Mary Jane Rogers, spokeswoman for Chase Banks, confirmed that "several" Chase banks in the Denver area also had received threatening letters.
"We are working quickly, swiftly, with both the FBI and the Postal Inspection Service to determine what happened to ensure the safety of our customers and employees as we determine the nature of the threats," said Rogers.
Rogers said that "some of the letters" contained white powder.
And she said that some employees of the banks have asked for medical assistance.
"We have heard that there has been some medical attention provided as a precaution to a few employees who asked to be examined," she said.
Rogers said that Chase had not been, as far as she knew, threatened by either upset customers or disgruntled employees and had not been affected by the recent financial meltdown that hit some banks.
"Chase is very fortunate to be among the strongest and most secure financial institutions in the world," she said.
Initial word of the situation came at 10:30 a.m. Monday, when the Chase Bank at 3300 Colorado Blvd. was evacuated after white powder was discovered when an envelope was opened, said Denver Fire Lt. Phil Champagne.
"There was a threatening note in the envelope," said Champagne.
A full hazmat response was ordered at the Colorado Boulevard location, according to Champagne.
He said that the white powder seemed "benign" and did not appear to present a hazard.
Another hazmat incident was reported at the Chase Bank at 1760 16th St., said the fire department spokesman.
Douglas County dispatchers sent units to the Chase branch at 16746 E. Smoky Hill Road at 1:09 p.m. today.
Kevin Ferry, spokesman for the Cunningham Fire Rescue, said that the Chase Bank was actually in the Albertsons supermarket at the location. Both the bank and the supermarket were evacuated, he said.
He said that firefighters in protective suits recovered a suspicious package and turned it over to the FBI. He said the substance in the package was not hazardous.
Westminster fire and police were sent to the branch near West 94th Avenue and Sheridan Boulevard after the bank received an envelope with "a white powdery substance," the fire department said in a release. Seventeen people were quarantined while a hazmat crew determined the powder was "negative for biological, organic or radiological material."
Steve Davis of the Lakewood Police Department confirmed that officers were called to the Chase Bank in the 1400 block of West Colfax Avenue on a hazmat situation.
"We have no reason to believe the letter they received is anything dangerous," he said, "but we are taking all precautions."
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_10768328

Tags
put on glasses

Thread