VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 30th, 2019 #1
mweaver
Banned

Default Help Matt Hale

On Behalf of Matt Hale’s Mother
I received this e-mail from Matt Hale’s mother the other day. Please share it with others and act.
Friends and Supporters: I received a call from Matt tonight! The warden visited him and told him that they are going to keep chapter 6 of his third book because he wrote about the White Race and said negative things about other races. Matt is asking every one of you to email the BOP attorney's and here are their email addresses:
James Wiencek<[email protected]>
Chris Synsvoll<[email protected]>
Quote them this case!
Procunier v. Martinez 416 US 396, page 415-418
1974 case
The mail censorship regulations, inter alia, proscribed inmate correspondence that "unduly complain[ed]," "magnif[ied] grievances," "express[ed] inflammatory political, racial, religious or other views or beliefs," or contained matter deemed "defamatory" or "otherwise inappropriate." The District Court held these regulations unconstitutional under the First Amendment, void for vagueness, and violative of the Fourteenth Amendment's guarantee of procedural due process, and it enjoined their continued enforcement. The court required that an inmate be notified of the rejection of correspondence and that the author of the correspondence be allowed to protest the decision and secure review by a prison official other than the original censor.
Matt needs you to email the attorney's and send them this case information, Procunier v. Martinez
Here is Matt's quote for the week!
" How desperate they are to stop you from reading my books!" Please send your emails to the Attorney's for Matt! Also, when sending Matt cards, the envelope has to be white in color! Please send greeting cards to Matt. He needs them, especially now!Thank you, Ms. H

GO TO: https://www.freematthale.org

Old November 30th, 2019 #2
Hugh Akston
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweaver View Post
"How desperate they are to stop you from reading my books!"
They must not be too desperate since they allowed his first two books to leave the prison and be printed. Sounds more like his third book manuscript violated some BOP rule that will take an attorney to straighten out.

Tags
matt hale

Thread