VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 19th, 2008 #1
Adi18
Banned

Default How should a WN look?

This is an issue that really needs to be dealt with already, as I've found it seems to be one of the biggest obstacles to starting an effective political movement. In my opinion, you shouldn't be able to tell a WN anymore than you can tell a Republican, Democrat, or any other political group.
The biggest obstacle I've encountered is people thinking that NS is about becoming a Skinhead, then of course the actual Skinheads that think trying to start a political movement is a waste of time because they're waiting for the race war to start.
I think obviously you shouldn't look like a wigger, and at the same time you shouldn't look like a greasy redneck with a stained wifebeater shirt, but really when it comes down to it I could care less what your wearing (No wiggers though)
Uniforms should only be for real groups, and only once you have members hopefully in the thousands; really uniforms shouldn't even be an issue until you've got a fully functioning party.
Once uniforms are brought in though they should be subject to the same kind of rules that apply to military personal, as in conduct, cleaniness, etc...
What we need to start doing is dropping everything, wake people up to the fact that this isn't a skinhead thing and you don't have to be a klan member, that there is a political platform in place, stick to the platform, and stop this "categorization" of WN into a specific look.

This is just off the top of my mind sort of, any brainstorming ideas would be much welcome.

Old October 19th, 2008 #2
Blake Smith

Vote ron paul t shirt.

Old October 19th, 2008 #3
OTPTT
Banned

Obongo08.com

Old October 19th, 2008 #4
Adi18
Banned

T-shirts and jeans are good, I think the whole emphasis should be on looking respectable. What about this?

Old October 19th, 2008 #5
Rotsa Ruck

Default Neat and Clean

Excellent idea for a thread. I remember this being something I thought about quite a bit several years ago, and then took action on. The results in your personal life can be dramatic - easier to find a mate, getting promoted at work, as well as increased self confidence. I can personally attest to the effectiveness of dressing for success - once I started doing it, I met my wife, got a better job with better pay, and got headed in a much better direction than previously. Part of it was the clothes, part of it was the mental change that went along with the clothes.

I discovered that 3 words say it all about clothes, shoes and grooming: Neat and clean. Please do not think me patronizing based on the advice below - I know many of you have done these things for longer than I have and for that I applaud you. You are living the White way. This advice is for some, like me, who didn't know too much about this to begin with.

People do judge you on the clothes you wear and the way you groom yourself (consciously and unconsciously), and this affects your effectiveness as an WN activist. It is rare to find people who can look beyond your external appearance, even in the small number of open-minded Whites we are targeting worldwide. You will be easy to disregard as a "kook" if you look like one. You will have a much better chance of being heard if people can't immediately place you into one of the "I don't listen to people who look this way" categories.

Your goal should be projecting an image of overall reliability, stability, trustworthiness, and pride in yourself. This is hard to do with long hair, dirty clothes, a scraggly beard, and tattoos of naked ladies/flaming skulls visible all over your person. You want to attract Whites with self-respect, not a mini-rally for Grobama or a biker gang.

Go to your local library's periodicals section, and look through some magazines from the 20s/30s/40s/50s. See those men in the ads with the dress shirts, slacks, and black shoes? That's your goal. Look at men of our race from this time period - they always looked neat and clean. They were embarassed if they didn't. Did Hitler go to rallies looking anything but his best? No. He stayed neat and clean even when in Landsberg prison. Same with Hess, Goebbels, Skorzeny, Rockwell, and others we admire. Neat and clean.

Remember that the "fashionable" look of cultivated shabbiness made popular for whites of all ages and both sexes in the 60s & 70s was made popular by our enemies in the media for a reason. It's just another way to drag us down, away from what makes us strong and towards what makes us weak and vulnerable. Hippies are weak people. They are too weak to take a bath or put on a clean shirt in the morning. We are definitely not hippies, so we should not dress or groom like them.

Likewise, we are not metrosexuals who attach as much importance to our complexions as we do to our life's work. There's no need to overthink this - it's fairly simple and not expensive at all. It's about building habits more than anything else. Keep it simple - neat and clean.

How you take care of yourself reflects directly on what you think of yourself. What you think of yourself translates directly to what kind of a person you will become and how effective you will be at accomplishing your goals. You can only do great things if you know you are a great person capable of doing great things.

This applies to men and women, although as I'm a man I'll only be able to speak to men's grooming and clothing. Perhaps one of our lady friends on the board could provide some advice on women's clothing & grooming for women?
  1. Facial hair: If you have it, trim it to 1 cm or less. Buy a trimmer with guard or visit your barber every 4-6 weeks. Keep all other non-beard/mustache areas on the head and neck clean shaven. Never leave the house to start your day without shaving your neck/face as needed.
  2. Hair: Keep it short (not a problem for most of us), easy to manage, and out of the way.
  3. Personal decoration (rings, necklaces, tats, etc.): Keep everything but a wristwatch and wedding ring out of sight. Exposed necklaces, etc. can also pose a safety hazard, depending on what your job is.
  4. Hygiene: This is a uniquely and wonderfully White concept. Shower and use deodorant every day, regardless of whether you're going to the living room to read or going to a local political meeting to win for our race. Cologne is OK - 1 spritz only, please.

Clothes: This largely depends on your job. I have worked in both "blue collar" and "white collar" jobs during my life, and neither is a reason for anything other than neat and clean.

Every White man, regardless of his day job, should have at least one set of nice khaki pants, a nice longsleeve solid color shirt suitable for wear with a tie, and nice pair of black shoes & dress socks as described below for rallies, meetings, weddings, funerals, job interviews, TV interviews, dates, family events, etc. A black polo/golf shirt is also nice - a black polo with tan khaki pants is always a favorite (and ladies seem to like it too). Always wear an undershirt with any light-colored dress shirt or polo.

A sportcoat/jacket is nice, but not necessary for everyone. If you buy one, get a plain, good quality dark blue wool sportcoat with dark blue buttons. Always have this dry cleaned and pressed.

If you have a job where you are active or can get dirty, wear uniforms provided by your employer or go buy Dickies shirts and pants. They're cheap and they wear well over time. They also keep your nice clothes from getting ruined. If you prefer jeans, get a polo/golf shirt to wear with them, or a short-sleeve button down shirt. Plaids are always a great, subtle way to show pride in your race (plaids are yet another White invention), and plaid button-down shirts are inexpensive. Polo/golf shirts are best in solid colors.

If you have an office job or a job where you don't get dirty, flat-front khaki pants (in a variety of colors) are the best way to go. Pleated pants are OK, but flats are easier to iron and care for. Button down shirts in plain colors are good because you can wear tham either by themselves or with a matching tie. Plaids and polo/golf shirts are useful here as well.

Make sure your clothes fit you well (arms & legs long enough, neck & waist large enough) - a good shirt or pair of pants can last several years if properly cared for. I'm 6'3" 240 lb so I have to look around but it is worth the search. Go to the "big and tall" store if you have to - nothing looks worse than clothes that don't fit right. In evaluating how your clothes fit, always remember that slightly long and slightly loose is better than too small and too tight. It will be more comfortable and it will look more relaxed.

Buy a reversible black/brown leather belt. This is a basic item that will save you money and trouble. You will wear it every day.

Socks and shoes are pretty simple. Good work boots are well worth the extra you pay for them - they fit better and wear better over time. I have had excellent luck with "Red Wings" boots over time - I had one pair last 7 years and 3 resolings. Saddlesoap and oil them monthly to keep the leather in good shape.

Every one of us should also buy a pair of black "Oxford" type dress shoes (round, plain toe, all leather upper, rubber sole) that can be polished bright and shiny. This is your basic "dress" shoe as they will go with just about anything - comfortable and versatile. You may also wish to buy a pair of brown moccasin style lace up shoes, which go well with brown/green khakis if you wear dress shoes a lot. Loafers are not something I wear as they are not practical - I can't do anything in them without feeling like they'll fall off.

Always make sure the color of your shoes matches the color of your belt, and make your socks a shade darker than your pants (unless you are wearing black pants, in which case you should wear black socks). White tube socks/athletic socks are for workboots and running shoes only - wearing these with dress shoes is a no-no. Dress socks are inexpensive and well worth it.

Remember that it is always better to be slightly overdressed for a situation than underdressed. Dress pants and shirts should always be pressed with starch. If you don't know how to do this, get advice from someone you know on how to iron and care for your new purchases. Buy a full size ironing board and an iron with a stainless steel foot (it'll last forever and never stain your clothes).

Changing how you dress can be a simple matter of less than two hundred dollars that will pay off in spades over time. You and the rest of the world will view you differently. WWHD? Iron his clothes, polish his boots, and get out there on the street!

- Juvenal, Satires VI

Old October 19th, 2008 #6
Adi18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotsa Ruck View Post
Go to your local library's periodicals section, and look through some magazines from the 20s/30s/40s/50s. See those men in the ads with the dress shirts, slacks, and black shoes? That's your goal. Look at men of our race from this time period - they always looked neat and clean. They were embarassed if they didn't. Did Hitler go to rallies looking anything but his best? No. He stayed neat and clean even when in Landsberg prison. Same with Hess, Goebbels, Skorzeny, Rockwell, and others we admire. Neat and clean.

Likewise, we are not metrosexuals who attach as much importance to our complexions as we do to our life's work. There's no need to overthink this - it's fairly simple and not expensive at all. It's about building habits more than anything else. Keep it simple - neat and clean.

How you take care of yourself reflects directly on what you think of yourself. What you think of yourself translates directly to what kind of a person you will become and how effective you will be at accomplishing your goals. You can only do great things if you know you are a great person capable of doing great things.

This applies to men and women, although as I'm a man I'll only be able to speak to men's grooming and clothing. Perhaps one of our lady friends on the board could provide some advice on women's clothing & grooming for women?
Awesome advice Comrade! Dickies are actually quite fashionable amongst the youth in Canada and has been for quite a long time.
Thanks for asking about women's advice, I forgot to.
I think women should try not to look skanky, and that's about the main factor.
I like the bringing back the 20's/30's etc... I think as society we have to try and rewind time back to this era, or at least stop this hypersexualization of our youth. Personally, I love looking clean cut, not as a teen, but as a man it makes you feel good, white and clean!

Old October 19th, 2008 #7
Brett Quinn
Banned

This is how you dress.

Old October 20th, 2008 #8
albion

How about this look?

or this one ...

Old October 20th, 2008 #9
Brett Quinn
Banned

There is nothing really wrong with Hale's appearance imo.

Old October 20th, 2008 #10
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Default Or this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
How about this look?...

I think it looks kitschig, when non-Germans act and dress like historical German figures. Just like when antiseptic-looking German bikers mount a Harley

Old October 20th, 2008 #11
April

This would be a good one for the gals.....

http://www.fldscrafts.com/index.php?cPath=1

and hairdos.

http://www.fldscrafts.com/index.php?cPath=49

http://kalispellple.blogspot.com/

Old October 20th, 2008 #12
Brett Quinn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Gaede View Post
If we were Amish or lived in the 1700s.

How White Females should dress:

Old October 20th, 2008 #13
Art Cast

If I'm not wearing a wifebeater how can I show off my tatoos?

Old October 20th, 2008 #14
George Witzgall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bquinn View Post

This is how you dress.
this thread is too gay for me.

edit: oh damn.

Old October 20th, 2008 #15
Mack Bartlow

Why does it matter what WN look like? They only post on the internets.

Old October 20th, 2008 #16
Adi18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Gaede View Post
Actually funny enough is that's along the lines I'm thinking, only a bit more modern. I think long dresses and long hair is the ideal Aryan women look, and it gets really scary probably for the government when instead of a bunch of psychotic delusional nut jobs you can spot a mile away you get respectable looking folks, ones you can't tell apart from other people.
Those hairdo's are what I like, women have to have long hair for me, and I love it when they do braids and have shiny, non-nappy hair.
The whole point of this for me is the fact that WN has become so categorized and has already done a good job of keeping the white masses at bay, so I think ideally not having a specific look is the best, just look clean and set an example.
You don't need much money to look good, unless your a brand whore, and then you're probably a fag!
edit: Matt Hale looks Ideal.

Old October 20th, 2008 #17
dirtymike

I wear t-shirts carpenter pants big mustache short hair.I work hard for my $$$ and have a small business .I live good and don't have a care what anyone thinks .too me looks are not that important. There is no uniform for being white and living right.Lots of white nationalists are posers. Support your family,treat them good and with respect, teach by example(hard work and respect is always good you also need to be easy on the whiskey I have one after work just to wind down, also racial slurs are bullshit they make us look stupid and uneducated.) I've not always been a model citizen but sense my early 40s have lived right.The way you dress is not an indicator of your beliefs, but being clean and neat is .......

Old October 20th, 2008 #18
McKinley
coast to coast WN

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Witzgall View Post
this thread is too gay for me.

edit: oh damn.
I have to agree with George the Fag on this one.

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Old October 20th, 2008 #19
Adi18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymike View Post
I wear t-shirts carpenter pants big mustache short hair.I work hard for my $$$ and have a small business .I live good and don't have a care what anyone thinks .too me looks are not that important. There is no uniform for being white and living right.Lots of white nationalists are posers. Support your family,treat them good and with respect, teach by example(hard work and respect is always good you also need to be easy on the whiskey I have one after work just to wind down, also racial slurs are bullshit they make us look stupid and uneducated.) I've not always been a model citizen but sense my early 40s have lived right.The way you dress is not an indicator of your beliefs, but being clean and neat is .......
That pretty much hit the nail right on the head comrade, it's basically the whole point I'm trying to communicate, you should look like an everyday working man. Your completely right, "there is no uniform for being white and living right" except your skin maybe.
Pretty much this all comes down to is if your a smelly greasy scuzzbag that stinks like shit and your trying to pass judgement on others for doing the same thing, your probably not going to be to effective at it.
Live by example is the best attitude, I relate, not until my 30's did becoming clean cut appeal to me.
Also "The way you dress is not an indicator of your beliefs", exactly what I'm trying to get at.
Good post.

Old October 21st, 2008 #20
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bquinn View Post

A luminous green polo sweater with an orange belt and a clunky diver's watch? Say it isn't so.

Thread