VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 14th, 2012 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default The Scale of the Grooming Problem

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-18056504

Quote:
A Carlisle takeaway boss has been convicted of attempting to recruit four girls aged between 12 and 16 into prostitution.

Azad Miah, 44, was also found guilty at Carlisle Crown Court of running a brothel from his business and paying for the sexual services of teenagers.

The owner of the former Spice of India restaurant had denied all charges.

He was found guilty of inciting four girls into prostitution, and cleared of the same allegation against two others.

Old May 14th, 2012 #2
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
NINE men were found guilty today of being part of a child sexual exploitation ring involving vulnerable girls being "passed around" as many as 20 men in one night.

Five underage girls were “shared” by Kabeer Hassan, Abdul Aziz, Abdul Rauf, Mohammed Sajid, Adil Khan, Abdul Qayyum, Mohammed Amin, Hamid Safi and a 59-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons.

The ten-week trial at Liverpool Crown Court was told that the men — who are all from Pakistan, apart from Safi who is from Afghanistan — groomed the victims because they were vulnerable.

The jury of three men and nine women heard that the defendants, who live in Rochdale and Greater Manchester, plied the girls, some as young as 13, with fast food, drink and drugs so they could “pass them around” and use them for sex.

One 13-year-old became pregnant and had the child aborted.

Another gave evidence of being raped by two men while she was “so drunk she was vomiting over the side of the bed”.

The court heard that some girls were forced to have sex with “several men in a day, several times a week”. The offences happened around Rochdale in 2008 and 2009.

Video: Gang guilty of child sex crimes
Sky News

NINE men convicted at Liverpool Crown Court of grooming underage girls

Police said one victim was forced to have sex with 20 men in one night when she was drunk. She could “barely recount the events” but her friend was downstairs and remembers "innumerable men” going upstairs.

The father of one victim told the court he joined the right-wing British National Party after he heard what had happened to his daughter.

At the start of the trial Rachel Smith, for the prosecution, told the jury: “No child should be exploited as these girls say they were.”

Miss Smith said the girls — aged between 13 and 15 — were given alcohol, food and money in return for sex but that there were times when violence was used.

She said: “There were also occasions on which one or more of the girls were so incapacitated by alcohol and/or drugs that they were incapable of having any control over whether or with whom they had sexual intercourse."

One of the girls was in care at the time of the abuse but all were said to have been known to social services at some point.

Police said the victims were from “chaotic”, “council estate” backgrounds.The girls were targeted in “honeypot locations” where young people were seen to congregate, such as outside takeaways.

Judge Gerald Clifton adjourned sentencing until tomorrow.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4304672/Nine-men-guilty-of-grooming-underage-girls-with-drink-and-drugs-for-sex.html

Old May 14th, 2012 #3
Bev
drinking tea

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/9605914.Raids_target_suspected_organised_child_sex_gang/r/?ref=rss
Quote:
POLICE raided 14 addresses across Oxford this morning to try to crack a suspected organised child exploitation gang.

Twelve men, aged between 21 and 37 years old, were arrested on suspicion of a variety of offences including causing the prostitution of females under the age of 18, administrating drugs for the purpose of rape, trafficking, grooming and rape.

They are currently all in police custody.

The raids were carried out as part of Operation Bullfinch, an investigation into child exploitation on 24 girls aged between 11 and 16 years old in Oxford.

The joint investigation, carried out by Thames Valley Police and Oxfordshire County Council’s Children, Education and Families Department, was aimed at rescuing potential victims and securing convictions of suspects.

Det Supt Rob Mason, spokesperson for the operation, said: “We believe we have uncovered an organised crime group who have been running a business of selling young girls for sex. We have also identified a number of customers who we have reason to believe have used this service.

“We believe the offending spans over a six-year period.

Old May 14th, 2012 #4
Bev
drinking tea

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-west-yorkshire-news/2012/03/20/girl-15-filmed-while-being-abused-by-six-men-in-dewsbury-86081-30576078/
Quote:
A GROUP of men filmed themselves as they abused a drunk 15-year-old schoolgirl for their own sexual gratification, a court heard.

The girl was taken to three different houses in Dewsbury, where she was raped and sexually assaulted by six men during the course of one evening in May 2010, Leeds Crown Court heard.

Video clips showing the naked teenager being indecently touched by some of the men were shown to the jury during the opening of the trial.

Mohammed Ali Rehman, 26 and Hasan Rehman, 18, both of Tanhouse Street, Ravensthorpe, Saqib Hussain, 31, of Huddersfield Road, Dewsbury, Faisar Younas, 23, of Textile Street, Dewsbury, Wahid Hussain, 19, of Broomer Street, Ravensthorpe, and Larasab Hussain, 45, of Headfield Road, Savile Town, are charged with a number of sexual offences.

Mohammed Ali Rehman, Hasan Rehman, Younas and Larasab Hussain are all in custody.

Old May 14th, 2012 #5
Bev
drinking tea

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/editor-s-picks/these-men-took-my-innocence-as-they-lured-me-into-a-sickening-world-of-abuse-1.1079252
Quote:

The grooming of teenage girls is to be investigated by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre.

The move comes after two men were jailed last week in the north of England after they sexually abused vulnerable young girls.

But the problem is not confined to England as a brave Glasgow victim today speaks for the first time of her grooming nightmare...

Young girls in Glasgow are being targeted by gangs who force them into sex slavery.

The gangsters become the naive girls’ “friends” before using violence and intimidation to lure them into underage sex.

Speaking exclusively to the Evening Times, one victim has told her horrific story in a bid to make more people aware of the abuse being carried out in the city today.

Aged 14, Caroline (not her real name) was a “typical teenager” who loved nothing more than hanging out with her friends after school and the highlight of her week was a Saturday, when they would spend the afternoon shopping in the city centre.

But, by Caroline’s 15th birthday, her innocent childhood had come to an end.

She had been raped and sexually abused by dozens of men.

“One minute I was a normal teenage girl, the next, I was being forced to have sex with these old men.

“I had never even kissed a boy before – they completely took my innocence from me,” said Caroline, who turned 16 last October.

The teenager told how two of her friends became involved with a couple of older boys.

Caroline, who lived in Newlands, on the South Side of the city, explained: “My friends started going out with these two boys, so we all began spending lots of time together.

“But what we didn’t realise was that they were being used by the gang to lure naive girls into their underage sex ring.”

Caroline remembers every detail of how the gang took hold of her life.

“Our new ‘friends’ introduced me to an older relative – a man called Nasir.

He told me he was 21 and that he really liked me. I was young, stupid and naive, so I believed him.”

After meeting in 2008, Nasir began taking Caroline out regularly. He plied her with alcohol and showered her with gifts.

Caroline, who was educated at a private school, continued: “I thought he was so cool. I was having a great time – none of my friends had a boyfriend like this.

“I really had no idea that he was part of a gang. He seemed like the perfect gentleman.

“Soon, we were seeing each other every day. Nasir was so much more exciting than anyone else I knew.”

He was selling me. In just a few months I’d slept with more than 60 men

However, one day, Nasir revealed to Caroline, in the most brutal way imaginable, that he was in a gang – by raping her, in front of his fellow gang members, who, while laughing, recorded the attack on their mobile phones.

Old May 14th, 2012 #6
Bev
drinking tea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003317/Manchester-Polices-early-morning-raids-target-sexual-exploitation-teenage-girls.html

Quote:
Dozens of vulnerable teenage girls may have been rescued from the clutches of a paedophiles after a major police operation smashed a child sex gang.

Around 100 officers swooped on houses in a series of raids yesterday arresting 10 men suspected of grooming young girls for sex.

The victims were allegedly showered with gifts and then plied with drink and drugs before being taken to special 'sex parties' in Manchester and Salford.
A mattress is taken away from one of the homes raided as part of Operation Windermere

A mattress is taken away from one of the homes raided as part of Operation Windermere

The mattress is hauled into a police forensics van where it will be analysed by officers

The mattress is hauled into a police forensics van where it will be analysed by officers

At the parties the teenage girls – some as young as 14 - would be compelled to have sex with friends of the gang in what police say was a classic case of ‘sexual grooming and entrapment.’ Last night the men, all aged between 18-28, were being questioned by detectives at a number of different police stations across the North West.

Asian gangs, schoolgirls and a sinister taboo: As nine men are jailed for grooming up to 100 for sex, the disturbing trend few dare talk about

They are the latest in a wave of arrests carried out by police investigating gangs of Asian men grooming underage white girls for sex.

A string of disturbing cases in the Midlands and north of England prompted the launch of a nationwide investigation to look into the phenomenon.

In January Former Home Secretary Jack Straw was accused of ‘stereotyping after suggesting some men of Pakistani origin see white girls as ‘easy meat’.

Last night police were confident they had smashed yet another alleged gang after arresting the 10 men – seven Asian, two white and one black – on suspected child sex offences.

The arrests in Manchester, Salford and Buxton come after a major three-month inquiry into the sexual exploitation of a number of girls.

Detectives say at least 39 underage girls have been spoken to, either as suspected victims or witnesses, as part of the major probe.

It is understood a only six or seven alleged sex gang victims have been identified but detectives believe the true number runs into dozens.

Police say the alleged victims had been groomed by the older men who bought them meals or took them out for all-expenses-paid nights out.

The girls were understood to have been lured off the street with promises of cannabis, amphetamines, jewellery, new pairs of trainers and trips out to fast food restaurants.

Old May 14th, 2012 #7
Bev
drinking tea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-13766736

Quote:
Nine men deny a range of sexual offences against seven girls in Shropshire.

The men, who are aged between 21 and 59 and from Telford, face more than 50 charges at Stafford Crown Court.

Charges include rape, controlling child prostitution and sexual activity with girls under the age of 16.
'Not about race'

One of the defendants is accused of trafficking a child in the UK for exploitation.

The men on trial are Ahdel Ali, 23, Murbarek Ali, 28, Mohammed Ali Sultan, 24, Tanveer Ahmed, 39, Mahroof Khan, 33, Noshad Hussain, 21, Mohammed Islam Choudhrey, 52, Mohammed Younis, 59 and 34-year-old Abdul Rouf.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

They enticed the girls, groomed the girls and exploited them either for their own sexual gratification or for money.”

Deborah Gould Prosecuting

They deny all of the charges, which relate to the alleged sexual abuse and exploitation of girls in Wellington between September 2007 and December 2009.

The victims are seven teenage girls, one of whom was 13 years old at the time the alleged offences were committed.

The girls, who cannot be identified, were said to have received cash, alcohol, drugs, meals and mobile phone credit in exchange for sex with some of the defendants.

Deborah Gould, prosecuting, said the men in the dock had variously trafficked, raped or sexually abused girls, both over and under the age of 16, over a considerable period of time.
'Myths without foundation'

She said the case was not about race, religion, colour or creed and it was not claimed that the men had a specific interest in children or that it was a "paedophile ring".

The prosecutor told the jury that the defendants may seek to paint the victims as anti-social, dishonest, untruthful and promiscuous young women who lived entirely selfish lives and could not be controlled by parents or teachers.

She said: "These are myths without foundation. The prosecution claim these men ensnared these girls. They had cars, jobs and money which gave them both freedom and power.

"They enticed the girls, groomed the girls and exploited them either for their own sexual gratification or for money."

She said some of the girls thought they were in love with their abusers and that the abusers were in love with them.

"The abusers gave them gifts, encouraged confidences and gave them attention and encouraged and enticed the girls to spend time with them and not their family and friends.
Teachers' concerns

"Through such mechanisms all of these defendants were able to engage in various forms of sexual activity with various of the girls named in the charges.

"Some went further still and treated them as sexual commodities to be sold or gifted as they pleased."

Eight of the defendants live in the Wellington and Arleston areas of Telford, six are married and one is a grandfather.

The jury was told the trial was the result of a West Mercia Police inquiry, codenamed Operation Chalice, which started after concerns were raised by teachers, parents and others about sexual abuse and exploitation of teenage girls in the Wellington area.

Old May 14th, 2012 #8
Bev
drinking tea

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/downes_case_eaterie_ruling_1_3359923
Quote:
TWO men who were accused of murdering a Blackpool schoolgirl have had their late night takeaway shut down.

Mr Beanz closed at 11pm yesterday evening on the orders of a judge who had been told it had become the centre for grooming under-age girls for sex.

Iyad Albattikhi, 33, and his business partner Mohammed Reveshi, 53, have previously stood trial at Preston Crown Court in connection with the disappearance of former St George’s High School pupil Charlene Downes.

It was alleged her body was disposed of in the takeaway’s food but the men were acquitted of charges and went on to get almost £300,000 of compensation each.

Now the business partners have lost an appeal to have a late night licence, which allowed them to open the takeaway on Dickson Road between 11pm and 5am before it was revoked by Blackpool Council.

Judge Jeff Brailsford, sitting at Blackpool Magistrates Court yesterday, said: “I am entirely certain the original decision to revoke the licence was absolutely right.

“I have no doubt the revocation of this licence will enhance licensing objectives, reduce crime and disorder thereby improving the quality of life for those who live in the area and those lawfully in the area.”

The court heard Albattikhi had been pictured with a “provocative and scantily clad” 14-year-old girl on his knee in his office.

The judge said the arrest sequence of Albattikhi for rape was a remarkable statistic even though criminal proceedings did not follow.

But Albattikhi told the court: “I have been arrested five times for it but never charged.

“And each of the five times came after the Charlene Downes case.

“The police don’t like me because I have proved they are corrupt.

“They have so called intelligence reports on me but they are not right - we are talking about a conspiracy.

“When the licensing officers go to Club Sanuk there are just two of them when they come to our place there are eight.”

Earlier in the hearing he had been accused of plying teenage girls with drink and drugs in exchange for sex.

Reveshi told the hearing he and his partner had invested a lot of money in the business which had suffered when they both spent more than a year in jail awaiting trial on the Charlene Downes charges.

He said: “One of the pieces of information on the police intelligence reports the council committee made its decision on to revoke our licence was the fact I was seen driving a teenage girl around in a car – that was my foster daughter.”

Old May 14th, 2012 #9
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
A judge has been criticised for failing to jail a pervert who groomed a 14-year-old girl for sex after ruling he was being 'simply a young man'.

Turon Ali, 26, groomed the schoolgirl by sending her explicit text messages and then arranged a secret meeting where he planned to abuse her.

He was only prevented from sexually assaulting the girl when her older brother found one of the texts and alerted police.

But Ali avoided jail at Cambridge Crown Court with a 12-month suspended sentence after a top judge ruled he was 'not a paedophile as such'.

Judge Gareth Hawkesworth said: 'You thought she was ''easy' meat''. You were thrust into a moral vacuum without a single care of what you might be doing.

'You are not a paedophile as such. You are simply a young man who was unable to control his sexual urges.'

Children's charity campaigners yesterday slammed the lenient sentence and Claude Knights, director of Kidscape, described Ali's crime as 'very serious'.

She said: 'We have to ask what is meant by the phrase, 'not a paedophile as such'. Sexual offenders do not adhere to a stereotype.

'We know that they come from all classes, professions, racial and religious backgrounds.

'Grooming a minor with the clear intention of engaging in sexual activity with her is a very serious crime, and needs to be recognised as such.

'This young girl's brother saved her from a terrible experience, and he should be commended for his actions.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360514/Turon-Ali-groomed-girl-14-escapes-prison-Judge-says-hes-real-paedophile.html

Old May 14th, 2012 #10
Bev
drinking tea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-12137400
Quote:
The ringleaders of a gang which groomed and abused teenage girls in Derby have been given indeterminate jail terms.

Mohammed Liaqat, 28, and Abid Saddique, 27, were found guilty at a trial in November of charges including rape.

At Nottingham Crown Court, Saddique was jailed for at least 11 years and Liaqat for a minimum of eight.

Many of the gang's victims were given alcohol or drugs before being forced to have sex in cars, rented houses or hotels across the Midlands.

Six other men have already been sentenced for their part in the abuse.

A seventh man was cleared of sex charges but pleaded guilty to being concerned in the supply of cocaine.

Judge Philip Head told Saddique: "Your crimes can only be described as evil," adding he was an "evil, manipulative and controlling" character who was a continuing danger to young girls.
'Girls' bravery'

He said the attitude of the pair was "sex at any price" as they and others embarked on a "reign of terror on girls in Derby".

Derbyshire Police Det Supt Debbie Pratt praised the victims for coming forward and said that "without their bravery we would not have seen the outcome we saw today".

Det Supt Debbie Pratt: "It has traumatised the girls for life"

Liaqat, of Briar Lea Close, Sinfin, was found guilty of one count of rape, two of sexual assault, aiding and abetting rape, affray and four counts of sexual activity with a child.

Saddique, of Northumberland Street, Normanton, was convicted of four counts of rape as well as two counts of false imprisonment, two of sexual assault, three charges of sexual activity with a child, perverting the course of justice and aiding and abetting rape.

There were 26 girls involved in the case, with the youngest 12 and the oldest 18.

During the trial, a 16-year-old victim told the court that she received a telephone call from a man she knew and after being taken to a petrol station to buy alcohol, she was driven to an isolated spot where she was raped.

Describing the ordeal, she said: "I tried to do everything I could to stop it so at that stage I just said 'yes'.

"I just thought if I tell him what he wants to hear, it will be done quicker."

Derbyshire Police said the girls were from a variety of backgrounds and urged all parents to be aware of the risks of sexual exploitation.

A report published after the gang was convicted said there were "missed opportunities" by agencies to help the girls.

Old May 14th, 2012 #11
Bev
drinking tea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1327056/Gang-Asian-sexual-predators-jailed-grooming-girls-young-12.html

Quote:
A gang of Asian ‘sexual predators’ were jailed yesterday for abusing white girls as young as 12.

The five men preyed on their victims over several months and threatened them with violence if they refused their advances.

One of the men branded his victim a ‘white bitch’ when she resisted, while a second smirked: ‘I’ve used you and abused you.'

The men, all British-born Pakistanis, attacked the four girls in play areas, parks and in the back of their cars, Sheffield Crown Court heard.

They gave them gifts and introduced them to their friends. The girls were abused so frequently that after many months it ‘became a way of life’.

The girls, who were being monitored by social services, were eventually rescued by police and removed from their homes amid growing concerns for their safety.

Two of the men wept in the dock yesterday as they were jailed.

Judge Peter Kelson QC told them: ‘I’ve listened to the backdrop of some of you sobbing – I have to say your weeping cuts no ice with me at all.

‘You had what you regarded as your fun, now you will take your punishment.’

The five, Umar Razaq, 24, Razwan Razaq, 30, Zafran Ramzan, 21, Adil Hussain, 20, and Mohsin Khan, 21, were found guilty of a string of sexually related offences against the girls, one aged 12, two aged 13 and one aged 16.

Ramzan was found guilty of raping the 16-year-old girl in her own home, and the other four were found guilty of sexual activity with a child.

Umar Razaq was jailed for four and a half years, while the judge gave Razwan Razaq 11 years.

Old May 14th, 2012 #12
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
This week a girl who was abducted at the age of 14 and forced to work as a sex slave gave evidence in court that helped convict the nine men who sexually abused her. In this article, Sue Reid reveals how charities are helping those victims of this terrible abuse and importantly, why they are pushing the state to not hold back in their quest to find and convict the grotesque individuals.

At 13, Emma still played with dolls and loved nothing more than walking with her pet spaniel, Mollie, through the fields next to her home on the outskirts of Leeds.

Her blonde hair was cut in a little girl’s bob and she had never kissed a boy.

The highlight of her week was Saturday, when she would meet friends at the local shopping centre while her middle-class parents, Jack and Carol, went to Tesco.

Yet by her 14th birthday, that innocent childhood was over.

Emma had been raped and sexually abused in the most grotesque manner by 54 men from all over Britain.

‘It feels as if one minute I was playing with dolls, the next I was a sex slave,’ she told me this week.

‘I was wearing my favourite candy-striped ankle socks when I was first raped. Afterwards, my white coat was covered in blood.’

Emma remembers every detail. Two of those ‘friends’ in the shopping
mall were teenage boys, Niv and Jay, who were being used by a criminal gang to lure naive local girls into an underage sex ring.

They introduced Emma to older relatives, in their 20s and 30s, who said they wanted to be her friends, too. They plied her with vodka, cigarettes and cannabis spliffs.

‘I thought I was having a great time. I had no idea the men were part of a gang,’ she says now.

‘They were more exciting than my school friends. I began to meet them every day after school before catching the bus home.’

Convicted: Mohammed Basharat and Asad Yousaf Hassan were snared after their victim, just 14 at the time, gave evidence against them

With rap music blaring, the men drove her around Leeds in a expensive cars, including a Bentley with personalised number plates. They bought her cheeseburgers at McDonald’s and gave her a new mobile phone.

One, 24-year-old, Tarik, took a particular interest in her. He was the gang’s ring leader - and one day he imposed his authority on her in the most brutal fashion.

He led Emma to a patch of wasteland near the bus station and raped her.

The whole episode was watched by a group from the gang who, laughing, recorded the attack on their mobile phone cameras.

Afterwards, Emma was left to pick herself up, try to wash the blood off her clothes in the nearby public lavatory, and catch the early evening bus home.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1301003/Special-investigation-How-predatory-gangs-force-middle-class-girls-sex-trade.html

Old May 14th, 2012 #13
Bev
drinking tea

Allegation of "47 Muslim Groomers in Court"

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=137494

Old May 15th, 2012 #14
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
An Asian takeaway owner has been jailed for 15 years after paying under-age girls for sex and inciting others to become child prostitutes.

Now detectives are also investigating possible links to the child sex ring gang in Rochdale who were jailed last week, it was revealed today.

Azad Miah, 44, targeted his victims in what the prosecution at Carlisle Crown Court described as a 'cold, clinical exploitation of the desperate and vulnerable.'

The married father-of-four paid for the sexual services of two teenagers who were both introduced to him by the same woman.

One of those girls was encouraged to have sex with him out of desperation for cash when she was 15, while he had a sexual relationship with the other, a heroin addict, when she was aged between 15 and 17.

A jury also found the Bangladeshi national guilty yesterday of inciting three other girls, one as young as 12, into prostitution, while running a brothel above his former Spice of India shop in Carlisle city centre.

Miah groomed vulnerable white girls as young as 12 for paid sex and told one of his five child victims: ‘In my country it doesn’t matter about age’.

He saw the girls as ‘fresh meat’ and sent hundreds of text messages promising to give them drugs, alcohol and money in return for sex.

Those who defiantly resisted his advances were branded ‘white trash’ .

Last night, as detectives investigated his possible links to an Asian child sex ring jailed last week, the police were accused of missing three vital opportunities to bring him to justice.

His youngest victim said she eventually gave up talking to officers in 2008 - three years before his eventual arrest in March last year - because they failed to take any action.

She and her mother both complained to police on several occasions but nothing was ever done and Miah’s abuse of young white girls was allowed to continue.

‘We’d complained loads of times but they never did anything,’ she said. ‘We showed them all the texts on my phone as well, but they still did nothing. I was only 12 years old.’

Miah, who ran a makeshift brothel in a locked bedroom above his restaurant, was yesterday found guilty of a six-year campaign of abuse involving young girls aged between 12 and 16.

A jury unanimously convicted him of paying for the sexual services of children, inciting child prostitution and running a brothel between 2006 and 2011.

Police have not ruled out further arrests.

The court was told how Miah, a married father-of-four, stalked his terrified young victims over several weeks and months, often following them home in his car or secretly taking their pictures.

He deliberately preyed on their vulnerability, targeting girls he knew were addicted to drugs or who came from troubled backgrounds. Some of the girls were known to local care authorities.

Miah told them he would pay them more for sex than the twenty-something prostitutes who used the seedy brothel above his Carlisle restaurant because of their young age.

They were ‘more like virgins’, he told them.

He targeted the girls in ‘a cold, clinical, calculated exploitation of the desperate and therefore vulnerable’ and harassed those who resisted his aggressive advances, the court was told.

He told one of his victims that he regarded sex with young girls as ‘a thrill’ and insisted that ‘age was just a number’.

One of the girls, who was just 14-years-old when she first met Miah, was paid £100 each time they had sex.

The girl, who is now 21, told detectives she had sex with Miah ‘hundreds of times’.

Tim Evans, prosecuting, told the court: ‘The defendant sought to persuade a variety of young girls to have sex with him for money or the equivalent of money via the provision of drugs and or drink.

‘Those requests were made when the girls came into his takeaway shop, the Spice of India, or were made by telephone calls and or texts.

‘The attempted persuasion was persistent. He would hound young girls for periods of weeks or months, face-to-face and over the phone.

‘Most worryingly, he would stalk some of them, following them home in particular. Some of the girls did indeed have sex with him for money.’
Jailed: The Rochdale child sex gang. Police are investigating Carlisle takeaway boss Azad Miah's possible links to the group

When his youngest victim told him she was only 12 he simply told her that he ‘wasn’t bothered about her age’.

‘One of the texts that he sent was a picture of her walking down Botchergate (in Carlisle city centre),’ added Mr Evans.

‘She had been extremely frightened by this and had stayed away from home for weeks because he knew where she lived.
DYSFUNCTIONAL STATE OF MANY CARE HOMES UNDER SCRUTINY

The state of many care homes has been under intense scrutiny in the aftermath of last week's verdict finding nine men guilty of grooming white girls for sex.

The dysfunctional state of many homes allowed, and even facilitated, these men's vile activities in relation to at least one young victim.

The girl, who was 15 at the time of the abuse, was meant to be receiving round-the-clock 'solo' residential care, but went missing 19 times in three months for up to two weeks at a time.

Instead of trying to find her, her carers would resort to text messages asking: ‘When are you coming back?’ It later transpired she had been abused by up to 25 men in a single night.

One former foster child, now in her twenties, today revealed her surprise that the system had failed so appallingly.

Jade, from York, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme how everyone over 18 who was involved in her care had to have a criminal record check.

She signed up for a 'Missing Person's Protocol' which stipulated that if she returned to her foster home more than 15 minutes late it would result in the police and social services being called.

With this in mind, Jade said: 'I wonder how these young people did slip... it really is unusual.'

She added that the system only works if care is taken in choosing the correct family for a child to live with.

She said: 'You need to fit the right young person with the right carer and the right home.'

‘He sent her up to 50 texts a day and the texts were of a sexual nature. He would text her up to three or four in the morning.

‘He repeatedly asked her for sex and said ‘In his country it didn’t matter about age’.

‘He offered her £40 to do ‘such and such, have sex with me and stuff’. Miah texted the girl and told her he knew where she lived, so she may as well.’

During police interviews he admitted being a ‘sex addict’ but said the allegations against him had been concocted by ‘druggists’ who were upset when he stopped giving them cash and food.

But at the end of a three week trial the jury refused to accept his version of events and found him guilty of 10 of the 18 charges.

Last night, detectives confirmed they were in contact with their counterparts in Greater Manchester to categorically rule out any link between him and nine Asian men jailed for a total of 77 years last week for running a child sex ring.

Miah, who ran a string of takeaways, lived in the town for a decade until he was 24-years-old but regularly returned to the area on bail after he was first arrested by detectives last March.

Speaking outside Detective Inspector Geoff Huddleston, who led the investigation, said: ‘We know that he travelled down to the area after his arrest on police bail, though he has been based in Cumbria for the past 20 years.

‘We will look at the Rochdale case and speak to the officers involved to see if there are any links to this case.’

In the meantime officers will face tough questions over why they failed to act on complaints by at least two of Miah’s victims three years before his arrest.

The state of many care homes has been under intense scrutiny in the aftermath of last week's verdict finding nine men guilty of grooming white girls for sex.

Barnardo’s chief executive Anne Marie Carrie said there are thousands of ‘hidden victims’ of child sexual exploitation who are still being let down by the system.

‘Cases are dropped because of insufficient evidence or an over reliance of victims to act as witnesses and there seems to be only partial understanding of child sexual exploitation within the criminal justice system,’ she said.

‘We need to see drastic changes to make sure the abusers who control such vulnerable children for sex and personal gain do not get away with it.’ Across the UK, Barnardo’s said it worked intensively with 1,200 victims or young people at risk of sexual exploitation last year.

Of 137 police investigations the children’s charity knew about involving their ‘service users’, only 24 resulted in convictions.
Quote:
VICTIM ONE

She was 14 when she was introduced to Miah by a mutual friend who was much older than her. The woman, who was paid to find vulnerable girls Miah could exploit, had taken her to his takeaway in Carlisle city centre.

The girl was addicted to heroin, cannabis and alcohol from the age of 12, and her life was in chaos. She was desperate to fund her £60-a-day habit and instantly agreed to prostitute herself. She was paid £100-a-time by Miah for sex.

The girl, who caught chlamydia and gonorrhoea from Miah, told the court she went on to have sex with him nearly every day - 'hundreds of times'.

VICTIM TWO

It began with hundreds of text messages, all of them of a sexual nature and aggressive in tone. The girl replied to the first text by telling Miah she was only 12 years old.

Undeterred, he told her that he 'wasn't bothered' about her age and would give her money for sex. More messages followed, including a picture he had taken as she walked down Botchergate, the main road in Carlisle city centre. She was terrified.

In one message he told her: 'In my country it doesn't matter about age.' He offered her £40 to have sex with her and told her that her resistance was futile as he knew where she lived. She refused to have sex with him.

VICTIM THREE

The 15-year-old girl was introduced to him by a much older woman. The girl wanted to earn money to buy cannabis.

She met Miah in the shop and he asked her: 'Do you want to make love to me for £80?' He knew she was only 15 yet he saw it as no obstacle and had sex with her.

VICTIM FOUR

The 16-year-old met Miah at his restaurant. Hours later he began texting her and it soon became persistent.

He asked her to marry his cousin to keep him in the country and then asked her to sleep with him for money, but she refused.

VICTIM FIVE

She was 16 when she was introduced to Miah at his takeaway. Within a week he had begun texting her. He offered her £70-£90 for sex, but she refused.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2144295/Takeaway-boss-Azad-Miah-groomed-girls-young-12-sex-jailed-15-years-police-investigate-possible-links-Rochdale-gang.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dale-gang.html normal

Old May 15th, 2012 #15
Bev
drinking tea

Second child sex ring in Rochdale.

Quote:
A 'vulnerable' young girl questioned by police investigating the Rochdale child sex ring has lifted the lid on a second gang operating in the area, it emerged last night.

The teenager has told officers she was abused by a different group of men from the nine jailed last week over the sexual exploitation of girls as young as 13.

Her claims have led to the arrest of nine men, aged between 24 and 38, all from Rochdale, on suspicion of sexual activity with a child.

Greater Manchester Police said the latest claims relate to abuse which is alleged to have taken place over a six-year period, beginning in 2005.

The men are thought to be from Asian and Afro-Caribbean backgrounds.

They are not believed to know one another or those convicted in the previous case.

Police sources have described the girl, who told officers she knew the men by their nicknames only, as ‘extremely vulnerable’.

It is understood officers have carried out sensitive video interviews with the girl, who is believed to be one of 47 identified by police investigating the original case as a victim of sexual abuse.

Last Wednesday nine Asian men received jail sentences of between four and 19 years

after being convicted of repeatedly abusing five white girls, aged between 13 and 15, in 2008 and 2009.

The convictions marked the conclusion of one of the largest investigations into child sexual exploitation ever undertaken in Britain.

Liverpool Crown Court was told that the girls would receive food, money and alcohol but were repeatedly raped and sexually assaulted in return.

The men were convicted of conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with children under the age of 16 and other sexual offences including rape and trafficking for sexual exploitation.

The case has sparked a national debate over whether religion and culture played a role in the Pakistani and Afghani men’s targeting of vulnerable white girls.

The judge, Gerald Clifton, suggested the men targeted their victims because they were ‘not of your community or religion’.

But police and political leaders have denied the crimes were about race – insisting the men had targeted the girls simply because they were vulnerable.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said of the latest arrests: ‘In total nine men have been arrested aged between 24 and 38 years old, on suspicion of sexual activity with a child.

‘They have been bailed pending further inquiries.’

A file of evidence on the latest arrests is expected to be handed over to the Crown Prosecution Service within a few weeks.

One senior detective said: ‘Inquiries are continuing. Just because the trial has finished and nine men have been convicted does not mean the operation has stopped.

'We are continuing to chip away, gaining the confidence of the girls.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2143366/Police-uncover-second-child-sex-ring-Rochdale-woman-says-abused-years.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sed-years.html normal

Old May 15th, 2012 #16
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Detectives who brought down a child sex grooming ring are poised to make more arrests - as the hunt continues for more than 40 other suspected members of the gang.

Nine Asian men were yesterday jailed for a total of 77 years for raping and abusing up to 47 girls - some as young as 13 - after plying them with alcohol and luring them to takeaways.

Now police have identified four more suspects alleged to have abused the young witness whose evidence helped secure convictions at the end of the 11-week trial.

But many more remain at large as officers try to establish the real identities of men referred to in court only by nicknames such as Goofy, Ray, Juicy, Arfan, Ali, Manni, Mamma, Pino and Arfan.

The suspected abusers have proved difficult to track down and it is feared some of them have already fled the country.

But police in Greater Manchester have managed to identify four men accused of sexually abusing the main witness at a 'sex party' in 2008.

Detectives believe at least one may be in Pakistan. They expect to make arrests in the next few days but are not planning to extend the investigation abroad.

The trial heard that the men - who are all from Pakistan, apart from one who is from Afghanistan - groomed and 'shared' the young white girls because they were vulnerable.

Assistant Chief Constable Steve Heywood, of Greater Manchester Police said: 'It is not a racial issue. This is about adults preying on vulnerable young children. It just happens that in this particular area and time the demographics were that these were Asian men.'

However, the gang's ringleader yesterday branded the judge a 'racist b******' after he and eight other men were jailed.

The extraordinary outburst came after Judge Gerald Clinton accused the gang of targeting white girls because they were not part of their ‘community or religion’.

Yesterday senior politicians clashed over the case – with one former Labour MP claiming police and social workers ignored complaints because they were ‘petrified of being called racist’.

With experts on paedophilia insisting street grooming by Muslim men was a real problem, the judge made it clear he believed religion was a factor.

Scroll down for video
Lawyer: Alias Yousaf, solicitor for Adil Khan, confirms he will lodge an appeal against the conviction

Lawyer: Alias Yousaf, solicitor for Adil Khan, confirms he will lodge an appeal against the conviction

He jailed the 59-year-old ringleader for 19 years and eight other men for between four and 12 years, telling them they had treated their victims ‘as though they were worthless and beyond all respect’.

He added: ‘I believe one of the factors which led to that is that they were not of your community or religion.’

But he branded outbursts by some of the men claiming the prosecution was racially-motivated ‘nonsense’, telling them they found themselves in the dock because of their ‘lust and greed’.

More...

'What they did to me was evil. They ripped away all my dignity, my last bit of self-esteem': First victim to speak out against sex gang relives terrible ordeal
Police fears of being branded racist 'left grooming gang free to abuse teenage girls for two years,' says former Labour MP
I try to block out what happened. That dirty old man took advantage of me... I was just a child: Rape victim's sickening ordeal at hands of sex grooming taxi driver
An obsession with racism that left vulnerable girls at the mercy of sex predators
The Rochdale sex ring shows the horrific consequences of Britain's 'Islamophobia' witch-hunt

Detective Inspector Michael Sanderson, of Greater Manchester Police, said none of the convicted men had ever shown ‘the slightest bit of remorse’.

They will be segregated from other prisoners over fears of revenge attacks.

They are being sent to prisons all over the country where they were will be placed on wings which house only paedophiles and other sex offenders. One senior prison service source said: 'They will be given vulnerable prisoner status for their own safety.'

The longest sentence of 19 years was imposed on the 59-year-old ringleader, who cannot be named for legal reasons. After a series of outbursts – including reducing a female juror to tears and insulting prosecutor Rachel Smith – he was banished from the dock.

Yesterday he refused to attend Liverpool Crown Court to hear the judge jail him for rape, aiding and abetting rape, trafficking and conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child.

Judge Clifton said it was no wonder he had struck fear into his young victims, branding him an ‘an unpleasant, hypocritical bully’.

He said the girls had been raped ‘callously, viciously and violently’ after being attracted by ‘flattery, free food and alcohol’.

He branded allegations that the prosecution was racially-motivated ‘nonsense’ and added: ‘This was triggered by your lust and greed. These sentences would apply to all defendants whether they be white or Asian.’
Undated handout photo issued by Greater Manchester Police of Abdul Qayyum, 44, who has been found guilty of conspiracy
Undated handout photo issued by Greater Manchester Police of Mohammed Amin, 45, who has been found guilty of conspiracy and sexual assault

Evil: Abdul Qayyum (left), 43, was sentenced to five years for conspiracy. Mohammed Amin (right) 45, was handed five years for conspiracy and sexual assault. The gang's 59-year-old ringleader, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was sentenced to 19 years in jail

Undated handout photo issued by Greater Manchester Police of Taxi driver Abdul Aziz, 41, of who has been found guilty of conspiracy and trafficking for sexual exploitation
Undated handout photo issued by Greater Manchester Police of Mohammed Sajid, 35, who has been found guilty of conspiracy, trafficking, one count of rape and one count of sexual activity with a child

Monsters: Abdul Aziz (left), 41, was given nine years for conspiracy and trafficking for sexual exploitation. Mohammed Sajid (right), 35, received 12 years tor conspiracy, trafficking, one count of rape and one count of sexual activity with a child

Undated handout photo issued by Greater Manchester Police of Hamid Safi, 22, who has been found guilty of conspiracy and trafficking
Undated handout photo issued by Greater Manchester Police of Adil Khan, 42, who has been found guilty of conspiracy and trafficking for sexual exploitation

Scum: Hamid Safi (left), 22, was given four years for conspiracy and trafficking but not guilty of two counts of rape. Adil Khan (right), 42, was found guilty of conspiracy and trafficking for sexual exploitation

Undated handout photo issued by Greater Manchester Police of Kabeer Hassan who has been found guilty of conspiracy and rape
Abdul Rauf has been found guilty of conspiracy and trafficking for sexual exploitation

Kabeer Hassan (left), 25, was jailed for nine years for conspiracy and rape. Abdul Rauf (right), 43, was found guilty of conspiracy and trafficking for sexual exploitation and jailed for six years

Two men were acquitted on Tuesday, while a twelfth alleged gang member, Mohammed Shazad, 40, fled to Pakistan last year.

Shazad, 40, was said by the Crown to have organised the 'sex parties' at his flat in Jephys Street, Rochdale. He was arrested but jumped bail before the start of the trial and fled to Pakistan last year.

He is said to have paid taxi driver Abdul Aziz, who acted as a pimp, £30 or £40 for bringing girls to his flat for sex.

The prosecution's main witness said she went to Mr Shazad's flat on countless occasions and was forced to have sex with him each time. He also took her to another flat where she was forced to have sex with other men, she told the jurors.

Mr Shazad, who is also known as Khan and worked in a chip shop on Spotland Road, Rochdale, is said to have told reluctant girls brought to his flat: 'No sex, no money'.

Greater Manchester Police investigated a complaint by a 15-year-old victim that she had been raped in 2008, but prosecutors opted not to press charges and the abuse continued.

Police have played down the racial backgrounds of the men, saying the girls – mostly from broken or ‘chaotic’ homes – were targeted because they were vulnerable, not because they were white.

Backing them, Keith Vaz, the Labour chairman of the home affairs select committee, yesterday told the Today programme that highlighting the Pakistani origin of all but one of the gang risked giving ammunition to the far-Right.

But Martin Narey, former chief executive of children’s charity Barnardo’s, told the programme there was a ‘real problem’ which had to be confronted.

‘There is very troubling evidence that Asians are overwhelmingly represented in prosecutions for such offences,’ he said. Mr Narey added that ‘vulnerable girls on the street at night are generally white rather than more strictly-parented Asian girls’.

He was backed by Ann Cryer, a former Labour MP in Keighley, West Yorkshire. She said: ‘This is an absolute scandal.

They (the police and CPS) were petrified of being called racist and so reverted to the default of political correctness. They had a greater fear of being perceived in that light than in dealing with the issues in front of them.’
The abuse began at two takeaways in the Heywood area of Rochdale, including the Balti House (pictured), which is under new ownership

The abuse began at two takeaways in the Heywood area of Rochdale, including the Balti House (pictured), which is under new ownership

Under new ownership: The Tasty Bites takeaway - now renamed Bakar's - was the other takeaway at the centre of the scandal

Also under new ownership: The Tasty Bites takeaway - now renamed Bakar's and sold on to new owners - was the other takeaway at the centre of the scandal

Kabeer Hassan, 25, of Oldham, was yesterday jailed for nine years for rape and conspiracy.

Abdul Aziz, 41, of Rochdale, was jailed for nine years for conspiracy and trafficking for sexual exploitation.

Abdul Rauf, 43, of Rochdale, was jailed for six years for trafficking and conspiracy. Mohammed Sajid, 35, of Rochdale, was jailed for 12 years for conspiracy, rape, sexual activity with a child and trafficking.

Adil Khan, 42, of Rochdale, was jailed for eight years for conspiracy and trafficking.

Mohammed Amin, 45, of Rochdale, was jailed for five years for conspiracy and sexual assault.

Abdul Qayyum, 44, of Rochdale, was jailed for five years for conspiracy.

Failed Afghan asylum seeker Hamid Safi, 22, of Rochdale, was jailed for four years for conspiracy and trafficking.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141279/Rochdale-child-sex-trial-Police-hunt-40-suspects-promise-arrests.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-arrests.html normal

Old May 15th, 2012 #17
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
POLICE are warning pedestrians to be on their guard after a 15-year-old girl was forced into an alleyway and raped.

The teenager was walking home on Victoria Street, Chadderton, at 9.40pm on Saturday when a man who had been following her pounced.

He grabbed her by the throat before carrying out the horrific attack. The terrified girl then managed to get home and told her mother who called the police.

The rapist is described as Asian, in his early 40s, of a slim but muscular build, with a beard on his chin.
http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/47282/police-warning-after-girl-15-raped

Quote:
A 14-year-old was forced into prostitution and sexually abused by a series of men after going missing from her home in Greater Manchester.

Nine men were convicted in connection with the abuse, which took place in February and March 2008.

The girl, described as vulnerable, was "used as a commodity" for sexual activity with the men, police said.

Supt Paul Savill, of Greater Manchester Police (GMP), said she had been through an "absolutely horrifying ordeal".

Police said the girl, who first went missing on 16 February 2008, had been abused by a number of different men "as she went from one vulnerable situation to another".

In each case the men identified her vulnerability to take advantage of her.

In a statement issued following the convictions, the girl said: "These people exploit young girls, introduce them to prostitution, feed them drugs and alcohol and tell them they love them.
'Changed my life'

"I know this because it has happened to me and it has changed my life enormously.

"I just hope that people will be more aware of this now and will be able to prevent this from happening to other vulnerable young girls."
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

She has been treated like a commodity: beaten, threatened and sexually exploited”

Supt Paul Savill Greater Manchester Police

Over a series of separate hearings and trials, Manchester Crown Court heard how the girl was first picked up in Rochdale town centre by Asad Hassan.

He took her to a nightclub where she was plied with drink and taken to a flat along with two other men, Basharat Mohammed and Mohammed Atif, who all later sexually exploited her.

A few days later she travelled to Manchester where she met another man, Aftab Khan, who also plied her with alcohol and drugs before ordering her to work as a prostitute.

Over the next 10 days she was forced to have sex with a number of men for money, before flagging down a couple in the street and begging them for help.

Supt Savill said the level of abuse the girl had suffered was "almost beyond belief".

"She has been treated like a commodity: beaten, threatened and sexually exploited.

"These men took advantage of her vulnerability with no regard for her wellbeing.

"I commend this young girl for her bravery in supporting this case. Even after her ordeal she was able to revisit the sites where she was abused and testify against her abusers in court."
'Nightmare experience'

The girl's parents added: "We are very proud of our daughter for her courage in assisting Greater Manchester Police with the prosecution of these abusers who caused her such terrible harm.

"No family should have to endure a nightmare experience like the one we have been through.

"We support our daughter in hoping that these successful prosecutions will send a message that will help protect other children."

Nine men convicted at Manchester Crown Court in connection with the abuse were:

Aftab Khan, 31, of Tarporley Avenue, Fallowfield pleaded guilty to one count of controlling a child prostitute and one count of sexual activity with a child. He was sentenced to nine years in prison. This was later reduced to seven years on appeal

Abid Khaliq, 30, of Shrewsbury Street, Stretford was sentenced to eight months in prison after admitting perverting the course of justice

Noorzai Ahmed, 29, of Royce Court, Hulme was sentenced to four years in prison after he was found guilty of paying for the sexual services of a child

Mohammed Anwar Safi, 29, of no fixed address, was sentenced to 31 months in prison after admitting paying for the sexual services of a child

Mohammed Khan, 26, of Royce Court, Hulme was sentenced to four years in prison after he was found guilty of facilitating child prostitution

Najibullah Safi, 33, of Reabrook Avenue, West Gorton was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting to sexual activity with a child

Asad Yousaf Hassa, 28, of Rivington Street, Rochdale was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting two counts of sexual activity with a child

Mohammed Basharat, 28, of Prospect Street, Rochdale was sentenced to two years in prison after he pleaded guilty to sexual activity with a child under 16

Mohammed Atif, 29, of Rivington Street, Rochdale was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting to sexual activity with a child

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-10844915

Quote:
A convicted rapist has been locked up indefinitely for a catalogue of sexual depravity against three Bradford children.

Zeki Hilmi had been out of prison less than 12 months, after serving nine years for torturing and raping a woman, when he vented his lust on an 11-year-old girl.

In the belief she was “vulnerable and unloved”, Hilmi began molesting her, Bradford Crown Court heard yesterday.

Hilmi, 47, of Hapsburg Court, Elsdon Grove, Little Horton, Bradford, then targeted a boy and another girl.

“The full extent of your depravity and sexual hunger could not be sated by one child alone,” Judge Jonathan Rose told him.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/8108449.Freed_rapist_jailed_for_sex_attacks_on_three_children/

Quote:
A PERVERT who raped a schoolgirl after inviting her into a hotel room has been jailed for 10 years. Tahir Afzal, 28, of Sherwood Gardens, Barking, lured the 14-year-old to his suite at a guest house in Ilford before forcing her onto the bed and attacking

A PERVERT who raped a schoolgirl after inviting her into a hotel room has been jailed for 10 years.

Tahir Afzal, 28, of Sherwood Gardens, Barking, lured the 14-year-old to his suite at a guest house in Ilford before forcing her onto the bed and attacking her twice, a court heard.

He insisted the girl consented to sex, but a jury convicted him of two charges of rape after a trial.

Snaresbrook Crown Court heard that since reporting her ordeal the girl has been bullied at school and received anonymous death threats on her mobile telephone.

Reading the girl's victim impact statement Judge Timothy King said: "She speaks, perhaps unsurprisingly, of the psychological impact that the offence had upon her and somewhat disturbingly about the degree of bullying and threats she received at school."

The girl claimed in one anonymous phone call a man threatened to shoot her.

http://www.bdpost.co.uk/news/ten_years_for_raping_girl_14_1_575049?ot=archant.PrintFriendlyPageLayout.ot

Old May 15th, 2012 #18
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
]A 39-year-old man who raped a 17-year-old girl in Milton Keynes has been jailed for at least seven years.

Omar Omar, of Conniburrow Boulevard, Milton Keynes, attacked the girl at a house in Towan Avenue, Fishermead, on 3 May 2008.

He will be put on the sex offenders register for life and will be deported to Somalia on his release.

Omar was also been banned from having any unsupervised contact with women under the age of 18 in the UK.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/8423143.stm

Quote:
Three men have been given long jail terms for raping a member of their own family as she grew up.

Cardiff Crown Court had heard that the woman was abused from the age of five to 22, and she became pregnant at 14.

A step-uncle, 55, and stepfather were jailed indeterminately, with terms recommended of 20 and 15 years. Her brother-in-law was jailed for 12 years.

The judge said she had been treated like an "unpaid and unwilling prostitute".

"Mum didn't believe me - she hit me with a rod and stuff like that"

None can be publicly named to protect the victim's identity.

The step-uncle was convicted of seven counts of rape, three of indecency with a child, and one of indecent assault.

The stepfather and the brother-in-law, 27, were each convicted of three rapes.

The court was told that both the step-uncle and stepfather are illegal immigrants, who will be deported after they have served their sentences.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/8310776.stm

Quote:
TWO asylum seekers who forced a teenage girl off the street and subjected her to a sustained and 'terrifying' rape ordeal had their sentences raised by the Court of Appeal.

Judges in London agreed with the Attorney General, Baroness Scotland, that five-year custodial terms imposed on Mohammed Ali and Alik Madi were too short.

They added a further two years to each of their sentences.

The pair, who lived in a hostel in Newbold, Rochdale, attacked their victim in the town after spotting her as she made her way home alone at night in July 2008.

They followed her, grabbed and overpowered her. During the ordeal the struggling girl managed to run away, but they pursued her and raped her after dragging her into bushes.

After pleading guilty to rape Ali, a Kashmiri national, and Madi, from Algeria, were each sentenced at Bolton Crown Court in February to five years in a young offenders' institution.

Both men claimed to be 18 years old but police could find no documentary proof of their dates of birth.

But it was successfully argued on behalf of the Attorney General that because of the aggravating features of a 'most grave offence' - including the fact that it was a 'double stranger rape' on a vulnerable victim - the original terms were unduly lenient.

The sentences were increased by Lord Justice Goldring, sitting with two other judges.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1130285_rapist_asylum_seekers_sentences_raised?rss=yes

Quote:
A cricketer has been found guilty of raping a 14-year-old girl in a Blackpool hotel room.

Ajmal Mohammed, 40, was told he would receive a lengthy custodial sentence at Preston Crown Court today.

The girl, who had been plied with alcohol, woke up to find Mohammed raping her.

He had earlier used a mobile phone to film himself sexually assaulting the girl while she slept.

The court was told that Mohammed, of Audley Range, Blackburn, had attacked the girl after taking her to a Blackpool hotel from her home in Accrington on February 15.

The court heard that girl had taken an overdose in the days after the incident.
http://www.blackpoolcitizen.co.uk/news/1886665.cricketer_guilty_of_rape/

Quote:
A teenager has described how she was "brainwashed" by a 52-year-old chef who sexually abused her and fed her drugs.

The victim, who was 14 at the time, said it "almost destroyed" her life.

Hossein Sabourian, who ran the Mi Casa takeaway in Blackburn, was jailed in December 2009 for engaging in sexual activity with a child and supplying class A drugs.

Lancashire Police's new unit, Operation Cherish, said she is one of 200 victims it has helped in the past year.

Speaking of her ordeal, the girl said it had changed her "as a person" and that she now found it difficult to open up to people or to put her trust in them.

Sabourian's abuse left her in such a state she had even sought relief through self-harm.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-10661191

Old May 15th, 2012 #19
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
A rapist who attacked a teenage schoolgirl was caught when he was spotted by his victim days later and chased down by her father.

Mohammed Alim, 30, was cornered and arrested after police joined the pursuit. Today, he was jailed for seven years for a 'cold and calculated attack'.

Minshull Street Crown Court heard how the failed asylum seeker stalked his victim as she walked along a road in Chadderton, Oldham, Greater Manchester, on the evening of September 18 last year.

Alim pulled the teenager into an alleyway and throttled her before raping her twice. He then ran off with her handbag.

However, just days after the attack took place, the teenager spotted Alim on the streets of Oldham while driving with her father.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353770/Rapist-cornered-father-teenage-victim-spotted-street.html

Quote:
A Muslim worship leader is accused of raping a 12-year-old boy during visits to a mosque for religious lessons.

Mohammed Hanif Khan, 42, is alleged to have sexually assaulted the boy inside the Stoke on Trent mosque where he worked as the imam.

He is also charged with the attempted rape of and sexual activity with the boy's cousin, who was 15 at the time, as he stayed over at his home one evening.

Khan, who appeared in front of Nottingham Crown Court yesterday wearing a black suit, white shirt and red tie, spoke only to confirm his name and to enter not guilty pleas to all eight charges against him.

Khan, from Sheffield, is charged with three counts of rape, four counts of attempted rape and one count of sexual activity with a child, all of which are alleged to have taken place on various dates between July 1, 2009 and October 16, 2009.

Opening the case, prosecutor Tariq Bin Shakoor told the jury of six men and six women that part of Khan's job as imam of the mosque was to lead prayers and to give Islamic education lessons to boys who attended evening classes at the mosque.

The court heard that the defendant asked the boy before the alleged abuse "Do you want some?" and when he replied in the negative, the defendant would say "For God's sake, just say yes"'

He told the court that in police interviews in October 2009 the 12-year-old boy, who cannot be named, said he was singled out by Khan following the evening prayer on about half a dozen occasions, the first of which was in around August 2009.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346514/Muslim-leader-raped-young-boy-attended-mosque-religious-lessons.html

Old May 15th, 2012 #20
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
A 22-year-old man who raped two 13-year-old girls in his car after supplying them with alcohol has been jailed for 14 years.

Munshur Ali, from Hyde in Greater Manchester, asked his victims for directions and began chatting with them before offering the young girls a lift.

Ali drove the girls to an off licence in Stockport and bought them a bottle of vodka to drink.

He then took them to a church and raped the pair twice in the back of his car.

While passing sentence, Judge Peter Larkin said: "You subjected these two vulnerable, naive 13-year-olds to a terrifying ordeal."

The judge described the 22-year-old as "devious and manipulative".

He said: "Not only have you made serious and deeply unpleasant allegations against the two girls, you also concocted a defence to fit the prosecution evidence against you."

I think he was a sly, evil person... and he went out on this evening knowing that his intention was to get vulnerable girls into his car and rape them.

The girls' mothers, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told Sky News their children were just too trusting.

"We are absolutely devastated," one mother said.

"To any other young girls, I just want to say if you are going out - stay with a group... And never get into anyone's car."

The second mother said: "It's easy to say don't drink, but it's part of growing up. And it's so easy to get hold of alcohol now - I think the Government needs to crack down on that.

"They are not the same children now. He didn't show any remorse at court, joking with his friends. It's disgusting."

Speaking outside court, Detective Constable Lindsey Morgan said: "Both the girls have basically lost their innocent childhood, and they are traumatised by what's happened to them."

When asked about Munshur Ali she commented: "I think he was a sly, evil person... and he went out on this evening knowing that his intention was to get vulnerable girls into his car and rape them."
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/15370353

Quote:
Both victims initially kept their ordeal a secret, but one of them eventually broke down in front of her mother 48 hours later.

The girls smuggled wine and beer into a bedroom while watching the ITV1 talent show, and later went out to meet school friends on a Saturday night.

But on their way they were lured into a car by a passing motorist who plied them with vodka before raping them in turn in a secluded street.

Today Munshur Ali, 22, from Hyde, Greater Manchester, was branded “devious and manipulative” by the judge who jailed him.

Outside court the 38-year-old mother of one of his victims said: “This is every parent’s worst nightmare. It’s so easy for a parent to say to their teenage children `Don’t drink`, but unfortunately these days it seems to be part of growing up.

“It’s so easy to get hold of cheap alcohol now from supermarkets and off licences and I think the government needs to crack down on that. We live in a cheap booze society and it can make children like our girls very vulnerable.

“We had no idea they were drinking in the bedroom because it was a girls’ sleepover and we just assumed they would be watching TV before meeting their friends.

“They were very naïve and they were too trusting of that man when they got into his car. He exploited them for his own satisfaction.”

She added: “My daughter was scared to tell me because she had been drinking, but no matter what - you have to tell somebody. It's not their fault, and if they don't tell anyone - someone could get away with it.

“I think our girls have both been very brave and very strong but it's clearly affected them.''

The other mother, aged 41, said: “Our girls are not the same children now. This man disrespected our girls, and then disrespected them again by claiming they had come onto him. We are absolutely devastated.”

Ali, who had been due to enter into an arranged marriage, ensnared the girls after they secretly raided a drinks cabinet, got drunk and then boarded a bus in Newton, near Hyde.

They were near a fish and chip shop when the rapist pulled up in his Ford Fiesta on the pretext of asking for directions to Birmingham.

The girls accepted a lift to a friend’s house, but instead he drove them to a Bargain Booze where he bought them a cheap bottle of vodka.

When he finally set about molesting them, one of them said: “Get off, I’m only 13.” But he ignored her.

The teenagers were later driven around the area before being set free and making their way back to the house in which they were staying.

Ali had denied three charges of rape. Passing sentence at Minshull Street Crown Court, Manchester, Judge Peter Lakin told Ali: “You realised these vulnerable, naive 13 years old girls were drunk and you cynically took advantage of them by luring them into your car.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6105106/Mothers-blame-cheap-booze-culture-as-double-rapist-gets-14-years.html

Tags
asian, child rape, grooming, grooming rings, paedophilia, rape

Thread