VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 30th, 2013 #1
IlDuce
Banned

Default Self Defense Tools

Because of rampant liberalism and open boarders my College boarders on an area that's filled with Negros/Somalis/Bangladeshi's/SriLankins/Tamils/Pakis/etc. Every week there's a random attack or sexual assault.

I'm 6'1 and give off an air of confidence so I think that's why I haven't been targeted yet, but being like cowardly feral jackals these beasts attack in packs, so I'm thinking it's only a matter of time. Plus, if some brown scum bag puts up an affront, I won't be one to back down.

I also live in a gun free area. The Government seems to limit all forms of self defense.

What I do have:

I train in MMA, work on my cardio daily (swimming/running), got a kevlar slash proof sweater and a couple slash proof arm sleeves to wear under in case of a knife attack - this will protect me from a slash, but probably not a stab, some led knuckled gloves I wear in the winter, and a ka-bar knife.

Questions:

1)I want to buy a jock strap to wear everyday. Is Diamond MMA a good one?
2)What else should I have in my arsenal in case of a pack attack (more than 2 apes)? Maybe some smoke bombs or high powered light like this that will distract their small brains giving me an advantage?

Old July 30th, 2013 #2
keifer

What are your thoughts on footwear?

Old July 30th, 2013 #3
M.N. Dalvez

If you are mobbed, you'd either better be able to find something heavy, drop one, and run for it; or you'd better have friends. People who tell tales of conquering multiple competent attackers are full of shit. (And it's better to assume everyone who attacks you is competent...)

Old July 31st, 2013 #4
IlDuce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
What are your thoughts on footwear?
I thought about that, but like M.N. Dalvez alluded to above, I think it would be best to be light on my feet in case I have to run.

Old July 31st, 2013 #5
M.N. Dalvez

You can run quickly in steel-caps or work-boots - take my word for it.

Old July 31st, 2013 #6
M.N. Dalvez

Also, part of this all is fighting when you want to, not when they want to.

You pick the ground. You make the rules. You don't give anyone a chance to 'fight you fair', if they are attacking you. You injure them so they aren't a threat to you any more - then you get the fuck out of there!

If someone who's stronger is chasing you, run around a corner before them and hit them in the face with a rock, or a half-brick, when they chase after you. Or a broken bottle. Or anything heavy and/or sharp. Then, run some more.

If you just go around and mind your own business, fair fights are for suckers- because you're being attacked, and not attacking. So if someone wants to have a go, you shouldn't even give them a 'fighting chance'.

And be aware. Don't walk around with headphones on your head. Don't walk around with your head in a book. Be alert at all times. 90% of the real threat comes when someone 'jumps' you. If you're aware, you always have a fighting chance - or a running chance. If someone cheap-shots you from behind, you're probably fucked.

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; July 31st, 2013 at 09:42 AM.

Old July 31st, 2013 #7
M.N. Dalvez

This is self-defence not from a dick-waving 'tough guy' perspective, but my opinion.

I'm not especially fat or thin, but neither am I especially strong or quick. Just a normal guy. But I, as I said, grew up in a god-awful mining town full of abos and other 'local colour' - so I'm not speaking from a position of ignorance, either.

Old July 31st, 2013 #8
Brooklyn Rick

Default Serious nigger repellant

Every home should have one; The 2 gauge shotgunne.................

Old August 6th, 2013 #9
Crowe

If you're looking for something that isn't a gun or a blade, and is less conspicuous, get a plastic knuckle duster. The pros are is it of course avoids metal detectors. You can quickly grab it and knock someone clean out with it and deliver extreme head trauma. You can crush an orbital socket, cheek bone, jaw bone or nose very easily. I usually bring one with me in place where I'm either not allowed to, or wouldn't carry a gun. Never know what sort of trouble you might run into, and best to be prepared. Get all notions of "fair fighting" out of your head. I've never actually hit someone with one of these, but the potential damage it can inflict is pretty obvious. It might be the extra edge you need in case a couple niggers decide to get aggressive. You can always deny you used a weapon to hit them also.

Old August 18th, 2013 #10
Rick Ronsavelle

Default A Crowe Bar

Old August 18th, 2013 #11
Dave from New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
This is self-defence not from a dick-waving 'tough guy' perspective, but my opinion.

I'm not especially fat or thin, but neither am I especially strong or quick. Just a normal guy. But I, as I said, grew up in a god-awful mining town full of abos and other 'local colour' - so I'm not speaking from a position of ignorance, either.
Well that's a relief! For awhile I was afraid I was the only guy on the 'net who wasn't a 6'4 250 lb. MMA fighter/ex-Special ops assassin with a 4-digit IQ and 24 inch johnson (And I ain't talkin' Greg).

Seriously though, good realistic "normal guy" self-defense advice, M.N.

Thread