Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 7th, 2005 #1
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

Default What forms of media propaganda have you noticed?

1. Crying Wolf.

Quote:
"I was also very disturbed on how one of the concert promoters described the Prussian Blue twins as "Very attractive". They are 13 years old!! What is he doing calling 13 year old girls very attractive. That's sick!!"
Crying Wolf is a raising of alarm about something that doesn't warrant getting alarmed about. Obviously whoever called Lynx and Lamb Gaede "attractive" was merely saying he thought they were pretty. There's nothing wrong with that.

Crying Wolf is similar to Alligator Tears, in which a speaker or a writer expresses phony commiserations toward an enemy, either to conceal his glee at the other guy's misfortune or as a means of inflaming the passions of a mob.

Both Crying Wolf and Alligator Tears are examples of people pretending, for political reasons, to feel in ways that they really don't.

2. Juxtaposition.

Another trick is Juxtaposition, which was used a lot in making the Primetime episode with Prussian Blue, to link them in pseudocontext with other events or with other people to which they have no real connection.

Whenever the news media (or the ADL) asserts that Timothy McVeigh bombed the federal building in Oklahoma City because he read The Turner Diaries, they are using Juxtaposition. McVeigh's reason for bombing the federal building was watching the US Government massacre Christians at Waco, Texas, two years previously. The book had nothing to do with McVeigh's motive, regardless of whether he ever read it or not.

3. Bandwagon.

Quote:
"I'm amazed that this day in age we still have people looking for a pure white race. It doesn't exsist her in America. We are mixed with everything."
Bandwagon is a propaganda trick in which a writer tries to persuade readers that "everyone," or at least everyone with commonsense and good taste, is already on his side, when in fact there is no such consensus. The bandwagon effect can be achieved in two ways: rhetoric and saturation.

Bandwagon by rhetoric depends on phrases that suggest that the speaker's opinion has become the current fashion or bears the weight of modern science ("in this day and age," etc.) and on representing biased or contrived testimony as if it were the most common public opinion. Bandwagon by saturation depends on a high percentage of control over the means of public information, such as the mass media.

Many advertisers use both forms of Bandwagon, as they can, to create the appearance that their products are widely preferred over those of their competition. Even more so do the media bosses use both forms of Bandwagon to create the illusion that the aims of their political agenda are good aims, which no rational person questions.

4. Lies.

Quote:
"White Supremacists Riot in Toledo, Ohio: Mayor of Toledo, Ohio, Declares Emergency, Sets Curfew After Hundreds of White Supremacists Riot."
A lie is a factual error made with the intention to deceive. The above quote comes from an article by Associated Press writer John Seewer, which was published by ABC News. The misleading title is still online (as I write these words) at

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?i...C-RSSFeeds0312

The title is a lie because White Supremacists did not do the rioting. The Toledo rioters were all Blacks. The reason the Blacks rioted is that some White Nationalists (see Name Calling, below) planned to march in Toledo to protest Black violence toward White citizens. The Blacks were displeased that a pro-White group had received a permit for a march, and to vent their displeasure they engaged in some large-scale, organized violence against White citizens: the riot.

This particular lie can also be categorized as Shifting Blame, another propagandist's trick.

5. The Big Lie.

Was the title of Seewer's article a Big Lie? No. It was a little lie. A Big Lie is a falsehood that has massive support from public or private institutions, or both. Sometimes, Big Lies have the protection of laws, which make it illegal to contradict them with the truth. Big Lies are often believed by most people because they find it hard to imagine how any deception could become so enormous as to have the support of government funding, school textbooks and encyclopedia articles.

6. Underselling the Truth.

Sometimes a propagandist will tell the truth in such a way that listeners are convinced that they are being lied to. A skilled propagandist can put a nasty smell on facts, so that many people will prefer to disbelieve them, which is the result the propagandist hopes for. Underselling the Truth is closely related to the technique of Damning With Faint Praise.

7. Name Calling.

Labelling one's opposition by calling them by other than the proper, or most appropriate name or description, is a favorite propaganda trick. A common example is referring to any White nationalist as a White supremacist, even though he may not be a supremacist but a separatist. The difference between them is this: a supremacist wants other races to serve his race as slaves, whereas a separatist merely wants a national homeland for his own people exclusively.

Name Calling often depends, for maximum effect, on one-way communication, such as a public address over television. People who don't already know the difference between what something is and what it is being called cannot be informed by feedback from fellow citizens who have more knowledge.

Old November 7th, 2005 #2
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

I think I noticed all those smear tactics in the televitz piece on the twins. Clearly you had that in mind?

Old November 10th, 2005 #3
Abzug Hoffman

Good post.

One comment - the girls, age eleven (though they looked younger to me) were pictured in very skimpy mini skirts on the cover of a magazine. Mini skirts are an clothing item from - what? - "the sexual revolution of the swinging sixties". Everyone knows that women in mini skirts attracted sexual interest from men. Jodie Foster, playing a 12 year old hooker in Taxi Driver, wore a mini skirt. Why? To advertise her sexuality and attract degenerates.

You say the girls were "only eleven", but eleven is exactly the age a white girl should be learning how to act like a modest young lady, and not a tramp. Lolita was supposed to be only twelve, you know.

Once I saw the picture of the girls, I agreed with the jews, the outfit was in very bad taste. And the normal response to that picture should be "What the hell is wrong with the mother, letting the girls go around dressed like that?"

I really can't understand anyone defending that picture, except someone who was raised by the TV telling them what's right and wrong.

Old November 11th, 2005 #4
Nxhiku

I agree. There is much to be said in favor of genuine modesty in dress for everyone.

Old November 16th, 2005 #5
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abzug Hoffman
Good post.

One comment - the girls, age eleven (though they looked younger to me) were pictured in very skimpy mini skirts on the cover of a magazine. Mini skirts are an clothing item from - what? - "the sexual revolution of the swinging sixties". Everyone knows that women in mini skirts attracted sexual interest from men. Jodie Foster, playing a 12 year old hooker in Taxi Driver, wore a mini skirt. Why? To advertise her sexuality and attract degenerates.

You say the girls were "only eleven", but eleven is exactly the age a white girl should be learning how to act like a modest young lady, and not a tramp. Lolita was supposed to be only twelve, you know.

Once I saw the picture of the girls, I agreed with the jews, the outfit was in very bad taste. And the normal response to that picture should be "What the hell is wrong with the mother, letting the girls go around dressed like that?"

I really can't understand anyone defending that picture, except someone who was raised by the TV telling them what's right and wrong.
Well, good luck convincing ballerina teachers around the world to lengthen the tutu to knee length or longer. And the skirt for girl ice skaters. Or ban Halloween fairy costumes for indecency. For that matter, get rid of tight pants for girls under 18, since that's what Lynx and Lamb were wearing in addition to the short skirts in the picture.

Jerry Abbott

Old November 16th, 2005 #6
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

I'm all for modest dress in women and girls, but there's little to be gained by opposing it on a case by case basis. Mind your own flock of females is the most any sane White man in this corrupt and decadent West can handle in that regard.

Also, consider that while the rest of the classic Greeks over time treated their women more and more like Orientals-- even to the extent of Athenians sequestering them entirely from the public-- the Lakedeamonian Spartans required nude excercise by girls in the Gymnasium to show their physical fitness. Also, in public, women wore the more "Aryan" form of dress called Doric, which compared to the Ionian style was far more revealing of the body.

JJ Bachofen discusses this at length in Mutterrecht which was recommended to me by Joe Pryce years ago.

Old November 17th, 2005 #7
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

There have been complaints about female Olympic figure skaters wearing skimpy underwear and about man-woman skating acts that involve moves that put the woman's crotch on display. Apparently, the extent of the sleeze has gone past being artistically titillating and is now very close to obscene.

The Figure Skater
by Jerry Abbott

The figure skater twirls
Like Nancy Kerrigan.
She leaps and then she whirls,
And then she starts to spin
With one leg in the air;
You see her undies then.
And is that pubic hair?
Yes, there it is again!

The complaints have resulted in Olympic figure skating judges warning contestants to dress decently and limit the use of lift-split combinations where the man holds the woman upside down while she pretends to be an unfolding flower or whatever it is that the move is supposed to represent.

Jerry Abbott

Old November 17th, 2005 #8
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenab

Was the title of Seewer's article a Big Lie? No. It was a little lie. A Big Lie is a falsehood that has massive support from public or private institutions, or both. Sometimes, Big Lies have the protection of laws, which make it illegal to contradict them with the truth. Big Lies are often believed by most people because they find it hard to imagine how any deception could become so enormous as to have the support of government funding, school textbooks and encyclopedia articles.
I actually think that this was a careless mistake rather than a lie. The editor who wrote that title probably was lazy and only browsed at the report and filled in the gaps with assumptions. The fact that these people are at least as careless as they are malicious is apparent in the fact that you will also see misspelled words sometimes.

Old November 18th, 2005 #9
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Jenab-- Today I sent the Peak Oil book by Kunstler to Dr Bob to give to you since I dont have your address. Hope you will review that for VNN. Thanks!

Old November 20th, 2005 #10
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
Jenab-- Today I sent the Peak Oil book by Kunstler to Dr Bob to give to you since I dont have your address. Hope you will review that for VNN. Thanks!
OK. Dr. Bob must not have gotten it as of this morning. But he's going to come back later today, probably after he gets his mail, to pick up some stuff that I proofread for him. I'll read it as soon as I can. Omaha steaks? What are those?

Jerry Abbott

Old November 21st, 2005 #11
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

they make good gifts. I figger you're tired of eating beans and goatsmilk right?

http://www.omahasteaks.com/servlet/o...800&SRC=RZ3189

Thread