VNN Broadcasts

Old February 26th, 2005 #1
Rob Roy MacGregor

Arrow State By State... Home-Schooling 'Laws' in the United States

http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp

Lots of other good info here:
Home School Legal Defense Association

Tolerance is how far a mechanical part can deviate from the
norm before it screws up the entire machine.
– Any Mechanic

The Jews hate us because of our FREEDOM!

Holocaust® is a registered trademark of "G-d's chosen" predestined to "Rule the Earth".
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Old February 26th, 2005 #2
COTW
Overseer

Great find, thanks.

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Old July 14th, 2005 #3
Proud White Guy
Hates Jews,and Non-Whites

Let me take a wild guess here. The home schooled kids do better, a lot better.

Why? cause they are not confronted with a bunch of jew media hype.

They are taught to learn, new concept,there.

If I had kids, you can bet they would be home schooled.

God Bless Elon Musk, Donald Trump, and America, and God Damn the anti-white, anti-christian, and anti-American jewish controlled media.

Old November 22nd, 2005 #4
S.-O.

Here in texas there are no government guidelines whatsoever regarding homeschooling. There are several courses available on the internet, both secular and religeous that anyone who can read can teach. In the time it used to take to help with my kids homework i can give a full day's lesson. without all the multi-cult indoctrination a public school day would be about three hours, the same time it takes to teach my seventh grader.

Old November 23rd, 2005 #5
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

I know more math than most high school teachers, and I'm good at conveying ideas. I should be allowed to run a homeschool for kids in my neighborhood or tutor math to kids in homeschools run by other parents. I'll teach them astrophysics, just for fun. Model the structure of the sun, maybe. Or figure out a transfer orbit to Mars. While the kids in public school are scratching their heads over long division, their same-age friends under my tutelage will be exploring hyperbolic trigonometric functions and applications of differential calculus to numerical analysis. I'll have the kids solving differential equations while thinking it's some kind of number game.

Jerry Abbott

Old October 5th, 2007 #6
White Will
Banned

Default Home Schoolers for Ron Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Roy MacGregor View Post
HSLDA is a Xian organization that has endorsed Rev. Huckabee for president for no other reason than that he's a Xian pandering for their votes. They ignore the acknowledged "home schoolers' best friend" in Congress in favor of Israel-Firster, the Rev. Huckster, though it has been said that at least 25% of home schoolers are non-Xian. I believe a new organization for home schoolers will evolve from this small group of liberty-lovin' Ron Paul fans that values freedom from religion as much as the Xian homeschooler's love their Jesus.

Dr. Ron Paul, though a Xian, fights for parental rights on Constitutional grounds, not Scriptural. He wants the Feds off the backs of homeschoolers.

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/snippets...r-ronpaul-map/

Old March 9th, 2008 #7
Alex Linder
Administrator

Homeschooling legal in Michigan since 1993

3/7/2008

Wyoming - Michigan once had a law requiring parents to have a teacher certification if they homeschool their children.

But unlike California, the Michigan law was changed 15 years ago.

Now Michigan parents who say they want to home school their children for religious reasons need no certification.

The law was overturned in 1993 after an Allendale couple took their case to the Michigan Supreme Court and won.

Thousands of Michigan children are now homeschooled.

"You see the spelling bees, the geography bees things of that nature often are led by homeschoolers," says homeschool mother Diane Hehman.

"It's more one on one," says 15-year-old student Kaitlyn Hoffman. "My mother can explain it to me if and if I don't get it, she can help me with it."

Parents must teach their children customary subjects like reading, math and science.

It is up to the state to prove the children are not learning.

"Parents know children better than anyone else knows them," says homeschool mother Carol Hoffman. "Parents know what they need, what their strengths and weaknesses are. There is no need for a certificate."

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_arti...?storyid=88840

Old March 10th, 2008 #8
Alex Linder
Administrator

[background of judge who tried to ban homeschooling in California]

California Justice H. Walter Croskey wrote in a February 28th, 2008has ruled that, “Parents do not have a constitutional right to home school their children.”

Division Three: JUSTICE H. WALTER CROSKEY

Justice H. Walter Croskey

PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:

Associate Justice, California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Division 3 (November 20, 1987 - Present); rating received from Commission on Judicial Nominees Evaluation (October 21, 1987): "Exceptionally Well Qualified."

Judge of the Superior Court, County of Los Angeles (January 4, 1985 - November 20, 1987)

Civil trial attorney for 23 years practicing in both state and federal courts; practice emphasized commercial, business and real estate litigation (May 1, 1962 - January 4, 1985)

U.S. Navy (JAG), Commissioned Officer (May 1, 1959 - April 30, 1962)

Admitted to Practice
California - January 1959
District of Columbia - June 1960
U.S. Supreme Court - February 1962
U.S. Court of Military Appeals - October 1959

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:

University of Southern California Law Center, LLB/JD (June 1958)
University of Southern California, School of Public Administration, B.S.
(Major: Law Enforcement and Police Administration), Magna Cum Laude (June 1955)

HONORS AND AWARDS:

Bernard S. Jefferson Award, Distinguished Service in Judicial Education, California Judges Association, 1992
Roger J. Traynor Memorial Award - Appellate Justice of the Year, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association, 1993
Distinguished Service Award - Jurist of the Year, Judicial Council of California, 1994
Jurist of the Year Award, Los Angeles County Bar Association, 1998

JUDICIAL COMMITTEES:

Member, Judicial Council Appellate Standing Advisory Committee 1993 - 1995
Chair, Judicial Council Ad Hoc Committee on Trial Court Funding 1990 - 1992
Chair, Second Appellate District Court Reporter - OSC Panel 1989 - 1995
Member, State-Federal Judicial Council 1989 - Present
Member, Executive Committee of the Los Angeles Superior Court 1986 - 1987
Co-Chair, "Fast Track" (AB 3300) Rule Drafting Committee, Los Angeles Superior Court - 1987

LEGAL ARTICLES:

* “Litigation Cost Shifting, An Economical Path to Court Reform”, which proposed a statutory modification to the so-called “American Rule” in California regarding the award of attorneys fees in civil litigation, published in the Los Angeles Lawyer (Vol. 8, No. 6, September 1985)
* “Bad Faith: The Expansion of Tort Remedies in Non-Insurance Litigation”, published in the Beverly Hills Bar Association Journal (Vol. 19, No. 4, Fall 1985)
* “Bad Faith in California - Its History, Development and Current Status”, American Bar Association, Tort & Insurance Law Journal (Vol. XXVI, No. 3, Spring 1991)
* “Understanding and Applying The Hearsay Rule”, published in the Los Angeles Lawyer (Vol. 14, No. 11, February 1992); (co-author)
* “Avoiding Evidence Pitfalls”, published in the Los Angeles Lawyer (Vol. 15, No. 1, March 1992); (co-author)
* California Practice Guide, Insurance Litigation (3 volumes), The Rutter Group (co-author), published 1995
* “The Doctrine of Reasonable Expectations in California: A Judge's View”, Connecticut Insurance Law Journal (Vol. 5, No. 1, 1998-1999)

PERSONAL DATA:

* Born August 2, 1933, Los Angeles, California
* Married, 2 Children
* Elder, Presbyterian Church (Pacific Palisades, California)

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/courts/c...es/croskey.htm

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 10th, 2008 at 12:05 AM.

Old March 14th, 2008 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator

[Oklahoma]

Oklahoma is friendly territory for homeschooling because of a phrase inserted in the original state constitution by a farmer/legislator, Hulings said. Section XIII-4 states that "The Legislature shall provide for the compulsory attendance at some public or other school, unless other means of education are provided...” (emphasis added.) For thousands of Oklahoma families, that other means is homeschooling.

Life after homeschooling

Homeschooled students are eligible for admission to all public colleges and universities in Oklahoma.

They must meet minimum scores on either the ACT or SAT to enroll in a four-year university. Community colleges have no admission requirements.

Homeschooled students also can apply for Oklahoma's Promise scholarships, which reward students from families earning $50,000 or less. They must apply between the ages of 13 and 15, and achieve at least a 22 ACT score.

http://newsok.com/article/3216086/1205467595

Thread