VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 9th, 2012 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default China under Mao

Been reading "Mao's Great Famine," by Frank Dikotter, with umlaut on the o. Book came out in 2010.

He claims chinese archives have never really been opened like the soviets' finally were after 1989, but now they're starting to. He estimates 45 million dead in 1958-1962 thanks to the insanity of Big Wang and his cadres. That's the difference between capitalism and communism: communism starves 45 million - f o r t y f i v e m i l l i o n (45, 000, 000) in four or five years; capitalism gives you 45 different varieties of knockoff Mountain Dew.

I have read little about Chinese commuism; the most memorable stuff I've read came from Frank Ellis in his monograph on political correctness, which I discussed on Radio Istina years ago. And there was comparatively little on that. What I recall is the sliteyes were big on self examination, seriously perverse forms of browbeating, torture and mental abuse. In a mere fifty pages, the commie wackos have the teeming millions of peasants engaged in a variety of tasks that are scientifically impossible. And if they don't like working 24 hours a day on some shitty rice gruel, be they pregnant, sick, ninety, they are beaten and called rightist conservatives.

The sad thing is, you can see the Big Wang mentality anywhere you care to look, most certainly including this forum. It sounds all cool and trendy when you say reality is whatever you make it. Or thinking makes it so. But when the dipshit saying that isn't some retarded college chick but the dictator of a billion+ people, and he's insisting on a new ways of cultivating plants -- close-cropping and deep-seeding that scientifically cannot work, it's really not so funny. Especially when his shitheads have locked up the exits and are standing their with whips and worse if you dare to speak up. Probably communism under Mao was as bad, for a time and place, as any set of hominids has ever endured.

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 9th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Tags
chink culture, chink phenotype, chinks

Thread