Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 24th, 2012 #1
Charlie Wade
Banned

Default UK TV, so much better...

I know that many of you (myself included) despise the nonsensical drivel produced by television. However, since joining Netflix, I have noticed a huge and much improved bit of telly (just for you my UK friends), that which is what Netflix calls "British TV" Sure, there is the same bit of nonsense diversity pushing, but not near what we must endure here that makes it impossible to watch. I was just curious to see if our friends in the UK agree and maybe see if they have some suggestions that I may be missing. Some of my favorites (and all these shows have flaws, so stuff it!, I know already!) are Peep Show, The Last Detective, Midsommer Murders, Doc Martin, The Inbetweeners, Sherlock, Wallender, Foyle's War...and alot more. Almost all white shows, with no (too obvious) silly PC gibberish. When we (the US) do shows like these (The Hatfields and Mcoy's) they smash the ratings against the jew inspired filth...one wonders why they don't have these all YT shows on more often over here.? (No, we don't wonder why...Profits be damned, we are showing nigger, spic, jew infested filth at ever chance!) OK, Anglo-TV worship rant over...just had to put it out there...

Old September 24th, 2012 #2
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Wade View Post
I know that many of you (myself included) despise the nonsensical drivel produced by television. However, since joining Netflix, I have noticed a huge and much improved bit of telly (just for you my UK friends), that which is what Netflix calls "British TV" Sure, there is the same bit of nonsense diversity pushing, but not near what we must endure here that makes it impossible to watch. I was just curious to see if our friends in the UK agree and maybe see if they have some suggestions that I may be missing. Some of my favorites (and all these shows have flaws, so stuff it!, I know already!) are Peep Show, The Last Detective, Midsommer Murders, Doc Martin, The Inbetweeners, Sherlock, Wallender, Foyle's War...and alot more. Almost all white shows, with no (too obvious) silly PC gibberish. When we (the US) do shows like these (The Hatfields and Mcoy's) they smash the ratings against the jew inspired filth...one wonders why they don't have these all YT shows on more often over here.? (No, we don't wonder why...Profits be damned, we are showing nigger, spic, jew infested filth at ever chance!) OK, Anglo-TV worship rant over...just had to put it out there...
"Heartbeat" used to be good, it's a bit blah and insipid, but if you want an all-white programme with no diversity forced down your neck, it's not bad. "All Creatures Great And Small" is another as is "Last of the Summer Wine".

They don't show it any more, but "Mind your Language" was a classic! A good comedian to watch is Al Murray. He is racist against everyone but the British, so if you're French or American and can't laugh at yourself, don't bother. Of course, it does foster a bit of inter-white resentment between the IQ-challenged, but he is funny if you can take it at face value. Americans would probably class him as a patriotard, but you have to take what you can get.

edited to add - out of the ones you listed, I only watch Doc Martin and that only occasionally, but it is good.

Last edited by Bev; September 24th, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Old September 24th, 2012 #3
N.B. Forrest

When I got the Comcast cable "Triple Play" package, I was mildly anticipating BBC America, since I was hoping to see reruns of classic "Britcoms" like The Good Life, The Fall & Rise of Reginald Perrin, Only Fools & Horses, etc. (I began watching these and others on PBS in the early '80s and loved them); I was to be bitterly disappointed, since it's nothing but godawful shit. Even the vaunted Top Gear is insufferable....

I agree that All Creatures is magic. Doc Martin is a pretty good modern one. Another that made me howl is One Foot in the Grave with Richard Wilson playing a constantly bitching/fumbling pensioner.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old September 24th, 2012 #4
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
When I got the Comcast cable "Triple Play" package, I was mildly anticipating BBC America, since I was hoping to see reruns of classic "Britcoms" like The Good Life, The Fall & Rise of Reginald Perrin, Only Fools & Horses, etc. (I began watching these and others on PBS in the early '80s and loved them); I was to be bitterly disappointed, since it's nothing but godawful shit. Even the vaunted Top Gear is insufferable....

I agree that All Creatures is magic. Doc Martin is a pretty good modern one. Another that made me howl is One Foot in the Grave with Richard Wilson playing a constantly bitching/fumbling pensioner.
BBC America is a mess.

I used to watch the hour long evening news, then they took it off and moved it to US PBS affiliates--cut down to 30 minutes. They still have the morning news with their mud du jour newsreader.

I also thought they'd have a lot of British entertainment shows, but they don't. For a while they were another sci fi channel of all things. Top Gear has had some of the funniest material I've ever seen on TV, but it's hit and miss, and I don't need a weekly marathon of it.

I was excited when Dish picked-up Russia Today, but their news is nothing like I thought from the clips I'd seen here and elsewhere.

Last edited by Leonard Rouse; September 24th, 2012 at 09:42 PM.

Old September 24th, 2012 #5
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
I also thought they'd have a lot of British entertainment shows, but they don't.
Almost nothing of interest at all. They seem to have decided to present Americans with stuff virtually identical to the worthless drivel Hollywitz jewz pinch off, probably because they think most won't "get" things that're "too British".

Quote:
For a while they were another sci fi channel of all things. Top Gear has had some of the funniest material I've ever seen on TV, but it's hit and miss, and I don't need a weekly marathon of it.
Way too much. I'll watch the occasional Top Gear only because I like reviews of "supercars", but the obnoxious trio of hosts really put me off. As for the sci-fi stuff, they try to beat you over the head with Doctor Who as well. I've never watched an episode; maybe I should, I don't know, but it's just never caught my fancy to the point of making me spend the time.

Message to Beeb Heebs: Give us comedies & dramas from when your t.v. really was classic - NOT the abortions you produce today...

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Thread