VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 2nd, 2011 #1
Paulavt

Default Knox prosecutors may have been 'witnesses' against ex-judge Baumgartner

August 3, 2011

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/au...inst-ex-judge/

A motion filed Tuesday alleges state prosecutors may have been witnesses to misconduct by former Knox County Criminal Court Judge Richard Baumgartner before a probe of his illegal pill-buying ended.

Editor's note: Defense attorneys in the Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom case have until Sept. 8 to file motions for new trials. The date was incorrect in an earlier version of this story.

Defense attorney Gregory P. Isaacs filed a motion Tuesday on behalf of convicted child rapist Jayson Bailey seeking a copy of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation file of Baumgartner.

Isaacs argues that state prosecutors should have no say on whether the file is released as part of Bailey's bid for a new trial because they played a role in the probe.

"Upon information and belief, members of the Knox County District Attorney's staff may be potential witnesses of conduct contained in the TBI investigative file," Isaacs wrote.

John Gill, special counsel to Knox County District Attorney General Randy Nichols, declined comment Tuesday.

Although Isaacs did not elaborate, Special Judge Jon Kerry Blackwood saw something in that file he believed should be brought to the attention of the defenders for four suspects convicted in the January 2007 torture-slayings of Channon Christian, 21, and Christopher Newsom, 23. At a hearing earlier this year, he ordered the file turned over to those attorneys.

Prosecutors Leland Price and TaKisha Fitzgerald had an eagle eye view of the judge during three separate out-of-town trips for jury selection in that case.

Isaacs contends that if lawyers for convicted killer Lemaricus Davidson and his cohorts in the Chipman Street slayings of Christian and Newsom have a right to review what the TBI file might show about Baumgartner's activities to see if there are grounds to seek new trials, so, too, should Bailey.

Bailey was convicted in April 2010 of raping his stepdaughter. He vehemently denied the charges as did his wife. Baumgartner presided over the trial and sentenced him to 38 years in prison. Isaacs did not defend the case at trial but has since been hired to mount a bid for a new trial. Criminal Court Judge Mary Beth Leibowitz has taken over the Bailey case in the wake of Baumgartner's March confession to official misconduct for buying prescription painkillers from a felon on probation in his court.

TBI files are exempt from the state's open records law, so it is unknown whether the agency confined its probe to Baumgartner's drug-buying or also looked into any allegations of illegal or improper conduct beyond that. The News Sentinel learned the agency did include in its probe an examination of Baumgartner's relationship with Deena Castleman, who was a defendant in a separate drug court program the former judge founded.

Blackwood has given defense attorneys for Davidson, now on death row in the Christian and Newsom killings, and co-defendants Letalvis Cobbins, George Thomas and Vanessa Coleman a Sept. 8 deadline to decide if they will use anything in the TBI file to argue the four were denied their right to a fair trial.

Isaacs filed his motion for the file in Leibowitz's court, leaving a decision on the release of the file to her. Blackwood, who granted Baumgartner judicial diversion, is presiding over the Chipman Street slaying cases.

A child molester filed a motion against this judge.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...ng-a-copy.html

Old September 2nd, 2011 #2
OTPTT
Banned

So will this give those murdering niggers a get out of jail free card?

Old September 8th, 2011 #3
Paulavt

Default Prosecution: Turn over entire file on former judge

PHOTO BY J. MILES CARY

Former Knox County Criminal Court Judge Richard Baumgartner
Related document
Motion supporting the release of documents in Judge Baumgartner investigation to defendants in Christian-Newsom slayings

The quartet of defendants convicted in the January 2007 torture-slaying of a Knox County couple should have access to what other defendants and the public so far cannot — whatever secrets a probe of former Knox County Criminal Court Judge Richard Baumgartner revealed, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Knox County Assistant District Attorney General Leland Price filed a motion Wednesday stating that he would not object to the release of the entire Tennessee Bureau of Investigation file on Baumgartner to the four defendants convicted in the slayings of Channon Christian, 21, and Christopher Newsom, 23.

Although Special Judge Jon Kerry Blackwood opined at a hearing in June that the defendants — ringleader Lemaricus Davidson and cohorts Letalvis Cobbins, George Thomas and Vanessa Coleman — should get a chance to review the file, Price's motion indicates he only made a portion of that file available to their respective defense teams.

It's not clear from his motion whether the state had resisted a release of the entire file. But Price says the state now, at least, has no objection to its release so long as it is kept under wraps from the public.

The motion comes just one day after a motion in a separate case handled by Baumgartner suggested unidentified members of Knox County District Attorney General Randy Nichols' office may have been witnesses in the TBI probe. If that's true, it raises a question of what those prosecutors knew, when they knew it and whether they should have brought it to the attention of the Court of the Judiciary, which polices judges.

John Gill, special counsel to Nichols, has declined comment.

Baumgartner came under probe in the late fall of 2010. The investigation became public in January after Baumgartner abruptly stepped down from the bench, and the News Sentinel confirmed the TBI investigation. Baumgartner in March pleaded guilty to official misconduct, admitting buying hundreds of prescription painkillers from a felon under his legal thumb.

A later hearing involving that felon spurred allegations Baumgartner also sought pills for Deena Castleman, a former defendant in the drug court program Baumgartner founded, and even supplied cash to post her bail. What little has been made public about the results of the TBI probe shows Baumgartner was actively engaged in buying and abusing pills while presiding over several high-profile trials, including the Christian-Newsom case.

TBI's files are exempt from the state's Open Records Act, and Price is careful in his motion to preserve that exemption, noting that the original file remains solely in the custody of the TBI. He is asking Blackwood to keep any copy under seal.

Defense attorney Gregory P. Isaacs is asking Knox County Criminal Court Judge Mary Beth Leibowitz to order the file turned over to his client, Jayson Bailey, who is seeking a new trial in a child rape case over which Baumgartner presided.

Blackwood granted Baumgartner judicial diversion, a move that keeps him out of jail, offers a chance for a clean record and ensures he will still collect his pension.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/au...-former-judge/

Old September 8th, 2011 #4
Susan

So if they all get new trials, maybe this time they will all get the death penalty.

I wouldn't think that the lawyer high jinks for Letalvis Cobbins, dressing him up like some little pickaninny, would work again on a second jury. Would you?

Of course, what kind of living hell would it be for the families of Channon and Christopher to have to relive all of this yet again?

The misconduct of judges is getting to be an almost regular thing. We've had a number of judges here in Georgia found guilty of one thing or another. One nigger female judge left her toddler asleep at home while she went to the store for something, and the toddler was found wandering on the street.

I imagine if we really looked closely at nig judges, we'd find something for which they could be removed from the bench. Yeah, I don't think that's too much of a stretch...

The latest was the White male judge who cavorted with the stripper, bought drugs from her, and basically shamed his whole family in a small Georgia town. His family said it was because of a head injury some years ago. His coworkers did say his personality seemed to have changed at one point. Who knows?

Old September 16th, 2011 #5
vindicator06
Banned

[QUOTE=Susan;1317727]So if they all get new trials, maybe this time they will all get the death penalty.

If they get new trials, they will all be exonerated. Check out http://www.occidentaldissent.com. BRA. (Black Ruled America). One of the most pathetic scenes I have seen so far in this charade is (Negro) Charles Bolden's artist redention of a super-sized "Mars Rocket" to reach that planet. How does he expect to do this when his Commander in Chief has already cancelled the Constellation program?

Oh well, this is life in BRA.

Old September 20th, 2011 #6
Sean Gruber

I live in Knoxville, and there is almost no open discussion about this here.

No one mentions it, but it's on their minds a lot. I know this because not long ago I asked someone what might happen with this case, given the recent developments. Dude instantaneously shivered like a string in the wind. "O Gawd," he snuffled, squeezing his eyes shut, "let's hope there isn't a retrial."

That said, it's probable most christinsanites here have "forgiven and forgotten" and wouldn't mind if the murdering niggers were set loose to the tune of "We Shall Overcome!"

Only a few of the old-time Matlock types in government here, and their prettyish old secretaries, want to string 'em up. In whispers, of course. In weak little whispers.

Less talk, more action

Old October 1st, 2011 #7
vindicator06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gruber View Post
I live in Knoxville, and there is almost no open discussion about this here.

No one mentions it, but it's on their minds a lot. I know this because not long ago I asked someone what might happen with this case, given the recent developments. Dude instantaneously shivered like a string in the wind. "O Gawd," he snuffled, squeezing his eyes shut, "let's hope there isn't a retrial."

That said, it's probable most christinsanites here have "forgiven and forgotten" and wouldn't mind if the murdering niggers were set loose to the tune of "We Shall Overcome!"

Only a few of the old-time Matlock types in government here, and their prettyish old secretaries, want to string 'em up. In whispers, of course. In weak little whispers.
Basically what I said previous.

Old October 26th, 2011 #8
Baldy
Racial Rage

Those niggers will never be free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Cook View Post
God made me a Jew when I decided to follow Jesus Christ. Read it for yourself. It's in the Bible. All Christians are Jews.

Old December 1st, 2011 #9
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

Those niggers just got themselves a new trial.

http://www.wbir.com/rss/article/1936...Newsom-murders

Old December 1st, 2011 #10
SmokyMtn
Banned

Quote:
The evidence included Baumgartner's abuse of hydrocodone, oxycodone, oxycontin, and more. He reportedly obtained much of that medication from Deena Castleman, who was a drug addict herself. Baumgartner apparently visited her in the hospital, where the two did drugs. The report said he also used drugs and had sex with her inside his chambers.

Judge Blackwood was visibly upset when making his decision but said, while he could not point to a transcript that showed Baumgartner was high during the trials, he said, "Use your common sense."
Quote:
Because of the double jeopardy rule, none can be found guilty of any higher crime than their previous convictions. That means only Davidson is again eligible for the death penalty.
The niggers can only be charged up to what they have been convicted of, and the charges they were found not guilty of, they cannot be tried again.

This means that the sodomy of Christopher Newsom will not be heard again in the courtroom?

Old December 2nd, 2011 #11
Susan

Default Goddamnit This is Sickening!!!

I just saw this in my Inbox email, and I was disgusted, outraged, and livid.

Are we ever again going to be able to go through a process and be able to rest in the knowledge that it is the final answer? Hell no is the only answer.

Linder, when are we going to return to Knoxville for another series of rallies?

And this time, damnit, we don't let the fucking pigs corral us down in the middle of the downtown on a Saturday afternoon.

Who is willing to go and stand up and speak out for those who can't, namely Channon and Christopher?

Linder, if you'll go and speak, so will I. I'll do whatever I can to help plan a protest/rally. And this time, we'll do it on our own terms as is our right.

If we have to do flash mob rallies around Knoxville, then we can do that.

Or we can each individually go stand somewhere in Knoxville on the same day holding a sign and handing out literature. And we can meet somewhere for a rally and speakers.

Linder, we need to do something. We skunked out the last time. It would be a good time to use it to educate Whites about black on White crime in this country and the mainstream news media's cover up of it.

We can coordinate it with other groups if it would mean more people would show up. I'll bet the CoCC people in S.C. would show up, as would a number from other websites.

My feeling is we need to go NOW, before the weather gets so bad no one can travel until Spring. And then, we'll go back for a series of rallies and protests and educational events.

How about it?

Old December 2nd, 2011 #12
Sean Gruber

Jews will never rest until these murdering niggers are free to murder again.

Time for action.

Less talk, more action

Old December 22nd, 2011 #14
Baldy
Racial Rage

Fucking judges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Cook View Post
God made me a Jew when I decided to follow Jesus Christ. Read it for yourself. It's in the Bible. All Christians are Jews.

Tags
knoxville horror, knoxville massacre

Thread