Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 8th, 2014 #1
Cora McGuire

Default Remembering Chris: Newsom family memorial

Hard to believe it's been seven years since they were savagely tortured and murdered by negroes

Channon's family will be holding a memorial for her tonight (see video@ link).
http://www.wate.com/story/24368387/l...clipId=9698419

Quote:
By SAMANTHA MANNING
6 News Reporter

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Loved ones of Chris Newsom and Channon Christian are remembering the young couple, as this week marks seven years since their brutal murders.

A crowd of people gathered at Newsom's grave site in Powell Sunday, putting down flowers and holding balloons in his honor.

Several of Christian's loved ones attended the ceremony, too.

Newsom and Christian were carjacked, raped and murdered early Jan. 2007 in East Knoxville. Four people have been found guilty in their murders.

Newsom's parents said they gather to remember the couple every year so that their stories never fade away.

"We don't want anyone to ever forget what happened to Chris and Channon and we want to keep their memory alive," Hugh Newsom, Chris Newsom's father, said.

"He used to make me laugh all the time and I'll remember that and miss that," Mary Newsom, Chris Newsom's mother, said. "He'd come in the house and he'd always stand at the door and go, ‘Hi mom,' and I miss that a lot. Sometimes I look over at the door and still see him standing there doing that."
http://www.wate.com/story/24368387/l...15plrVyA.email

Old January 11th, 2014 #2
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I like Channon's parents. If I remember right, it was Chris Newsom's parents who were downtalking the "racists" who were the main ones getting this story out.

Tags
black on white crime, channon christian, christopher newsom, knoxville horror, tennessee

Thread