Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 5th, 2010 #81
Justin Igger

BUMP

I found out about this tradgedy late (after it'd been a while) it's disgusting and sickening how these filthy beasts are free to roam and prey on white people, women and children, another classic example was the "Witchita Massacre" were 2 nigger brothers massacred 5 or 6 white people, filthy animals

Old July 1st, 2010 #82
Soldatul Vostru
Banned

I blame the fucking kikes for this unspeakable crime too, sure it was vile nigger animals that did it, but the fucking kikes are responsible for setting these niggers loose in our society. In fact, they FORCED this integration on us.

Old July 15th, 2010 #83
America First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldatul Vostru View Post
I blame the fucking kikes for this unspeakable crime too, sure it was vile nigger animals that did it, but the fucking kikes are responsible for setting these niggers loose in our society. In fact, they FORCED this integration on us.
====================================================

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Fi_Murders

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Old August 4th, 2010 #84
The Bobster
Banned

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/ju...nnocent-defen/

Coleman gets 53 years; judge rejects innocent defense
By Jamie Satterfield
Knoxville News Sentinel
Posted July 30, 2010 at 11:19 p.m.

A Knox County judge on Friday rejected the notion that the lone female suspect in a January 2007 torture slaying was a young innocent under the domination of brutal killers.

Instead, Criminal Court Judge Richard Baumgartner deemed Vanessa Coleman, 22, a street-savvy woman in firm command of her actions and callously indifferent to the consequences.

"There's no question she was young," Baumgartner said of a then-18-year-old Coleman. "But Ms. Coleman was not your typical 18-year-old who just graduated from high school. … This was a street-smart young lady. She made the decision to have a relationship with Mr. (Letalvis) Cobbins. She's the one who made the decision to come down to Tennessee. She's the one who made the decision to stay here."

With that, Baumgartner turned aside Coleman's bid for leniency and ordered her to serve 53 years in prison. She will be eligible for parole after serving roughly a third of that term, but the families of victims Channon Christian, 21, and Christopher Newsom, 23, vowed Friday to fight against any early release for the Kentucky native.

"I will be there every time, and I will tell them about my nightmare," mother Deena Christian said.

Baumgartner told Coleman that she got all the leniency she was going to get from the Davidson County jury that in May acquitted her of any role in the crimes against Newsom and refused to assign her the same level of culpability for the crimes against Christian as that of her three male co-defendants. Instead, the panel convicted her of lesser charges as a "facilitator."

"She's already benefited by the jury's verdict for those (mitigating) factors," the judge said. "She should not in my judgment benefit again by having those factors considered and reducing her sentence."

Defense attorney Ted Lavit argued at Friday's hearing - as he did at her trial - that Coleman was herself a victim.

"They foisted this criminal activity on her," Lavit said of her co-defendants. "She was there, and these three killers brought these crimes to her door."

But Assistant District Attorney General Leland Price countered that testimony showed Coleman knew her boyfriend, Letalvis Cobbins; his brother, Lemaricus Davidson; and Cobbins' pal, George Thomas, left Davidson's Chipman Street house on the night of the couple's abduction with plans to pull off a heist of some sort.

"She was there and (already) saw the violence (ringleader) Lemaricus Davidson was capable of," Price said. "She stayed. She had plenty of opportunity to get away and stop this crime. She didn't."

Davidson has been sentenced to death for his role as ringleader. Cobbins and Thomas are serving life without possibility of parole. A fifth suspect, Eric Boyd, has never been charged in the killings but is spending 18 years in federal prison as an accessory to the carjacking.

Baumgartner, who has presided over every trial except Boyd's federal case, said his study of the defendants left him convinced Coleman had nothing to fear inside Chipman Street, where Christian and Newsom were held captive and Christian raped and slain.

"I don't think she acted under duress," the judge said. "I don't think Mr. Cobbins cared one way or the other. … Mr. Davidson was a bad actor, but, again, I don't think he cared about Vanessa Coleman. She could have left that place."

Because Coleman was cleared in Newsom's death, his parents, Mary and Hugh Newsom, were not allowed to speak at Friday's hearing.

"I was rather disappointed in that, but I understand the law," Hugh Newsom said. "I could have gone on for days with comments directed at her, but this was really about the judge" and his decision-making.

Channon Christian's father, Gary Christian, seemed to agree, using his turn on the witness stand Friday to remind Baumgartner of his own characterization of the crimes as unspeakably horrific. Gary Christian also on Friday for the first time, in what has been a series of back-to-back sentencing hearings, projected not his rage, but his pain.

"For me personally, you took my baby," he said, his voice soft and thick. "You took my opportunity to say yes to a young man one day. You took my (wedding) dance away. You took my opportunity to hold her child, my grandbaby."

His wife, however, took direct aim at Coleman, reading entries Coleman made in a journal in which she characterized her time in Knoxville during the crime spree as "an adventure."

"I guess you wanted souvenirs from your adventure," Deena Christian said, referring to her daughter's belongings found in Coleman's possession. "That's sick."

Although Baumgartner made the decision to stack one on the other penalties for most of the crimes Coleman committed - a move that always draws appellate scrutiny - he did opt to treat the three distinct acts of rape committed against Channon Christian as a single crime for sentencing purposes. That spared Coleman an extra 24 years, but most legal observers noted the move may make his overall sentencing decision more palatable to the appellate courts.

Old August 4th, 2010 #85
Tim

Vanessa Coleman will be released before she turns 40.

Old August 5th, 2010 #86
Katarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Vanessa Coleman will be released before she turns 40.

maybe not if someone from the family writes to the parole board to keep her in. She is dangerous herself for this is not like a drug sale, this was cold blooded hatred, torture and murder she ignored.

Old August 6th, 2010 #87
notmenomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bobster View Post

Although Baumgartner made the decision to stack one on the other penalties for most of the crimes Coleman committed - a move that always draws appellate scrutiny - he did opt to treat the three distinct acts of rape committed against Channon Christian as a single crime for sentencing purposes. That spared Coleman an extra 24 years, but most legal observers noted the move may make his overall sentencing decision more palatable to the appellate courts.

...and who, can we imagine, will be paying for the sheboon's "appeals"?

Old November 9th, 2012 #89
littlefieldjohn

Default Ape to be given 'make-over' before her retrial

A woman in Knox County in Tennessee who facilitated gruesome double murders in 2007 is getting a second trial after investigators found that the first judge who presided over her case was having sex during breaks and purchasing hard-core drugs from the convicts, he sentenced.

In a bizarre twist, the second judge who will preside at the retrial has granted permission to a hair-dresser to visit Vanessa Coleman at the jail to give her a make-over. The first judge in Coleman’s trial was sent home after he admitted irregularities while presiding in March 2011.

http://www.guardianexpressla.com/con...sign::hangnig:

Old November 10th, 2012 #90
Brenna Wolf
Banned

I woke up this morning to the ID channel with this story again.

No where to put this rage.

Old January 9th, 2013 #91
Craig Kiloh
Self tarded

I'd just like to say if it wasn't for WN patriots, these two kids would be forgotten.

The jew controlled media won't let the public forget about that nigger Travon in the States and that nigger Stephen Lawrence in the UK, but hopefully we will keep the candle burning for Channon & Chris for a thousand years.

Old January 9th, 2013 #92
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

As long as I live I will never forget this tragedy..... I sat my children down last night and told them this story...... I told my coworker today....... I have posted more than one piece about this on facebook in the past two days and a the responses were shockingly supportive, even with me making the racial angle obvious.

Forget this crime? Not on my watch.

Old January 14th, 2013 #93
vindicator06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Faust View Post
As long as I live I will never forget this tragedy..... I sat my children down last night and told them this story...... I told my coworker today....... I have posted more than one piece about this on facebook in the past two days and a the responses were shockingly supportive, even with me making the racial angle obvious.

A good way to keep up with what is going on here is visit
on a daily basis, http://www.knoxnews.com, use the search
engine, "christian-newsome," and get the latest. Shabboz
goy Jamie Satterfield is still trying to get the story from going
national, but it is far too late for that.

Old January 14th, 2013 #94
Brenna Wolf
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Faust View Post

Bless you, Mark.

Old January 15th, 2013 #95
vindicator06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenna Wolf View Post
Bless you, Mark.

From http://www.knoxnews.com:

deetrump07 writes:

in response to smokies_old_soul:

the current state of journalism in this country is sickening - those in powerful media positions, along with most of the rank & file reporters, have an open liberal agenda and blatantly cover up and do not report the news that does not fall in line with their agenda, which is to socialize this country
and support anyone who does not carry the values that America was built on, no matter how hateful or evil those people might be. Remember when the media celebrated the importance of their "journalism" that uncovered the Watergate scandal and "saved" this country from the "evil Republicans" who were doing exactly what the media is doing now.

i am offended by Miss Satterfield's comments that this crime is not extreme enough to gain national exposure. what a complete cop-out. No one said that about the fake Duke "rape" scandal or the Tawana Brawley debacle.

------------------------------------

Of course. That is to be expected from the likes of Miss Satterfield. She know where her paycheck is coming from.

Old January 15th, 2013 #96
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicator06 View Post
A good way to keep up with what is going on here is visit
on a daily basis, http://www.knoxnews.com, use the search
engine, "christian-newsome," and get the latest. Shabboz
goy Jamie Satterfield is still trying to get the story from going
national, but it is far too late for that.
Thanks for the info and link.

Old January 16th, 2013 #97
Cora McGuire

http://www.wate.com/story/20592621/g...cYGbLyB8.email

Piece of shit Thomas granted a new trial

Date hasn't been set yet.

Quote:
By STEPHANIE BEECKEN
6 News Reporter

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Senior Judge Walter Kurtz ruled Tuesday to grant a new trial to George Thomas, one of the four defendants in the Christian-Newsom murder case.

Letalvis Cobbins and LeMaricus Davidson, both of whom also requested new trials, were denied.

Judge Kurtz ruled that he was able to sit as thirteenth juror in both Cobbins and Davidson's initial trials.

View the Full Court Order

In the third case, however, the judge ruled that, "the Thomas case does involve an overriding issue, or primary issue, of credibility" because of the lack of evidence against him, including DNA evidence.

The new trial was granted because in his initial trial, former judge Richard Baumgartner was under the influence of prescription pain pills and eventually pled guilty to official misconduct.

In the judge's order, he wrote that he only gave Thomas a new trial because he couldn't sit as thirteenth juror, because he couldn't see and hear the witnesses who linked Thomas to the murders in the initial trial.

With the judge's ruling for a new trial for George Thomas, this will mark the seventh year and more than 300 times the victims' families have been in the courtroom.

"Of course we'll be there. We'll be there until we finally get the justice that we want," said Mary and Hugh Newsom.

Mary and Hugh Newsom want justice for their son, Chris. They were disappointed by the judge's order.

"I expected all three to be turned down for new trials, however I will say this is a partial victory," said Mary Newsom.

The judge denied Cobbins and Davidson's request for a new trial, writing that he could serve as thirteenth juror because the witness credibility was not a primary issue in the trial.

The judge even wrote that Davidson's argument that he had a consensual sexual relationship with Christian was nothing more than rank speculation and that evidence clearly points to Davidson as the murderer.

Legal Analyst Greg Isaacs says the evidence mainly linked the two to the crimes, not witness testimony.

"He focused on the fact that one of the defendants possessed a firearm. He relied heavily on the fact that there was DNA from both individuals that tied them to the crime scene," said Isaacs.

Isaacs says George Thomas' case was different. Witness testimony linked Thomas to the murders, so the judge couldn't serve as thirteenth juror because he could determine witness credibility without seeing and hearing them in person.

"Basically says there is no objective forensic proof tying Thomas to the crime. There's no DNA, no proof he had a weapon, etc. It's all witness credibility. So he said, 'I wasn't there, I couldn't see the witnesses, I couldn't judge their credibility,' so Thomas gets a new trial," said Isaacs.

The Newsoms hope in the new trial Thomas is again found guilty and the sentence remains the same.

The Christians said in a phone interview that they wanted the judge to uphold all three convictions and that they were upset to have to go through another trial.

In a statement from the District Attorney's office, prosecutors said they were glad the judge upheld some of the standing of guilt.

A date has not been set for the new trial. According to the State Administrative Office of the Courts, Judge Kurtz will preside over Thomas' trial.

The fourth defendant in the case, Vanessa Coleman, was also granted a new trial, which took place in November.

She was found guilty on 13 of 17 charges and is scheduled to be sentenced February 1.

Old January 16th, 2013 #99
Cora McGuire

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hawthorne View Post
Thank you so much for posting this. I've seen it, of course, but it was sooooo good to hear and see it again, especially today.

Old January 26th, 2013 #100
Ironguard1940

Default Reverse the races and it goes international

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicator06 View Post
i am offended by Miss Satterfield's comments that this crime is not extreme enough to gain national exposure. what a complete cop-out. No one said that about the fake Duke "rape" scandal or the Tawana Brawley debacle.
What Miss Satterfield means by her comment is that the victims were White and the criminal perps were NIGGERS. Therefore to her this crime is not only not worth reporting nationally, it is barely more than a traffic violation IHO. I hope this worthless bitch is the victim of the same type of crime as this-that is, the type she doesn't think is worth reporting. I think about this crime a lot and every time I do anger doesn't begin to describe what I feel.

Tags
knoxville horror, knoxville massacre

Thread